Author Topic: now this is frustrating  (Read 622 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
now this is frustrating
« on: September 29, 2001, 02:15:00 PM »
OK, I upgraded to win2k. Everything was good until I played AH. I my video display has some issues, I dont have access to my webspace at the moment or I would just show you a screenshot or 2. Basically I am getting some anamolies in the textures. some of the icons show strange shapes, the cockpits of several palnes are missing things, and there are splotches of wild colors. the P-51 I cant even see the wings or the fuselage when i am in it. Well, I did a MSinfo inquiry to see what I could find and my irq's are a mess..again. I manually moved my sound card before to fix the sharing prob with Sound blaster and my geforce when Im was still using win98, it worked. But now win2k must just assign them all together different. check this out..

IRQ Number   Device
    9   Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
    9   NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
    9   Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    9   YAMAHA Native DS1 WDM Driver
    9   Promise Technology Inc. Ultra66 IDE Controller
    9   Creative SB Live! Value (WDM)
    9   3Com EtherLink XL PCI TPO NIC (3C900B-TPO)
    8   System CMOS/real time clock
    13   Numeric data processor
    6   Standard floppy disk controller
    4   Communications Port (COM1)
    3   Communications Port (COM2)
    1   Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    12   PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    15   Secondary IDE Channel
    5   Communications Port (COM3)

how do I reassign these without manually moving cards around? Wow, I cant believe all that is on IRQ #9.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
now this is frustrating
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »
I had the samething happen with irq 11. I went to microsofts site and did some searching. In win2k it's supposed to share like that. The only way you change the irqs is by manually moving the cards and play with bios settings. I thought I had problems but it turned out to be something and my system runs fine with 6 items sharing on irq 11.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
now this is frustrating
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2001, 03:54:00 PM »
It's called ACPI and is normal in win2k for IRQ 9 or 11 to be shared like that.  Your problem sounds like a driver issue to me.  Give the 12.41 official WHQL drivers a try.  Also use wdm drivers for your soundblaster.  I saw a brand new set of them in the news from last week at www.ntcompatible.com  .

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
now this is frustrating
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2001, 04:30:00 PM »
I beleive the sharing can be avoided, if you disable ACPI in the BIOS before you install 2K.
Once you have installed 2K, you cannot change from ACPI to non-ACPI or vice-versa.  It requires a reinstall to change this.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
now this is frustrating
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
The driver I loaded was the most current one from the invidea website, nv4_disp.dll version 5.13.01.2181. Is this driver not the one I need? all else seems OK, I wonder if it some other setting within AH or Win2K I need to tweak. Is this right?

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
now this is frustrating
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
If this is a VIA board, did you remember to load the 4in1 drivers?  They are at www.viahardware.com  .

How about Service Pack 2?

The drivers you have the the very newest 21.81 drivers, which have now proven to be kind of buggy.  I would go to www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com  and get the 12.41s.

Try the 4 in 1s first, then go to 12.41s, that should do it.

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
now this is frustrating
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2001, 06:19:00 PM »
Ammo, I also believe this is a driver issue, not IRQ.  My system has the same IRQ sharing in Win2k and I have no problems.  I've also at times had wierd graphics issues with my GeForce and the latest Nvidia drivers.  The WHQL drivers bloom suggested should fix that, OR even better, get the drivers from you card manufacturer's website, not nvidia.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
now this is frustrating
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2001, 11:45:00 PM »
tried the 4 in 1 and my display in AH actually got worse. I am now running on the 12.41 driver and it seems MUCH improved. However once when I took a round, my screen froze on my end, only for me to come back in in a flaming wreck. More testing is needed. I think you guys did me right :) Thx sancho and bloom.