Author Topic: Bug  (Read 2316 times)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: Bug
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 08:51:26 AM »
I don't like the HO shot and I don't like to be vultched on the runway. Other than that everything is fair game.

If I fly into an area with a bunch of bandits, I expect to be engaged by a bunch of bandits.

If I come across a 1 v 1, I may stand off and watch for other bandits but really, should you never clear a countryman's six?

As far as being picked, I thought BNZ was the best tactic for a lot of aircraft types.

It's  nice that there is some thought to how your play affects others here, but we can't force this into a gentleman's dogfight dueling only arena.

The AvA is a different arena that appeals to those with an appreciation of history ie more mature.

If you look at the members page on the AvA website you will the majority of members are in their mid 30's to 50's

That makes me feel pretty good, I finally have a bunch of friends in my age range  :lol.

It is an advantage we have here "attitude" wise.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:20:32 AM by jimson »

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
i got in for a bit just now.......the tard twins were raping just off the coast.......not much has changed about em.......

I beg to differ.  They've been nothing but nice to me all week, and give what they get as far as attitude.  They know how to fly and fight, and are a tough pair to defeat.  Just because they seem to be able to kill everyone fairly easily shouldn't be a reason to keep blasting them here or in the text buffers.

Still not sure they have changed their stripes. Got a pm from the DA yesterday, about them interferring in some squad training and were asked to leave but continued.  The squad ended up having to go to the TA.  If this is indeed the case, they won't get any support from me and will get quite the opposite.  Going to look further into it. 

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 04:50:33 PM »
i got in for a bit just now.......the tard twins were raping just off the coast.......not much has changed about em.......

Still not sure they have changed their stripes. Got a pm from the DA yesterday, about them interferring in some squad training and were asked to leave but continued.  The squad ended up having to go to the TA.  If this is indeed the case, they won't get any support from me and will get quite the opposite.  Going to look further into it. 

BigRat

they weren't too bad the otgher night in the ava.

i never fought the 2 of them together though. i was setting up hoey for an attack, when he rolled off, and ho'd crazy8s. go figure, right. i watched it.....crazy held fire, till he started taking hits, then returned the favor. this let me saddle up on hoey, as he blew all of his e trying to get back onto crzy.....when i missed, and he realized he was in deep doodoo, he dove for speed, and then it only took me a few till he made enough of a mistake tht i nailed him with a 37mm.  :devil
 vultchy, the only fight i had with him not starting on my six, was when he dove on crazy8s, trying to rtb damaged.....i tried to get there fast enough, but couldn't....he got him, then used that dam 109 to get 'round on my arse, and whamo....i was down.

neither one of em was bad attitude-wise while i was in there though.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 05:31:29 PM »

BigRat

enough said
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 05:38:38 PM »
Got a pm from the DA yesterday, about them interferring in some squad training and were asked to leave but continued.  The squad ended up having to go to the TA.  If this is indeed the case, they won't get any support from me and will get quite the opposite.  Going to look further into it. 

BigRat

It very much is the case I was in the DA warming up for FSO and saw them being asked to stop interfering.  I was hoping they got reported.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 09:35:15 PM »
That's what I told the squad being effected to do "record and report".  I'm also hoping to get a copy of the film, just to see how bad it was.

BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 10:13:30 PM »
That's what I told the squad being effected to do "record and report".  I'm also hoping to get a copy of the film, just to see how bad it was.

BigRat

they weren't in tonight, and it was a massivly fun night.

BUG....if you're still reading this thread.......i ho'd ya on that one fight up at around 14k. i thought i had an angle, and took the shot. on film, it showed as an outright ho.

i am sorry about that dood. it was not intentional, and i hope you know me well enough to know i mean that.  :salute
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 10:16:29 PM »
Cap I do remember that I am just thinking they are living up to their game names thats all ashame I am no Ace in this game but I think they are pretty good sticks but then again when I get my but handed to me your all good Sticks.  I came to AvA cause I got bored of the MA and needed a change. I been bouncing in out of this game for the last 15 yrs started in AW and worked for Kesmai as a Game Op where we would do shifts and babysit the arena's. We had the Powers to boot and ban players for 24 hours or more when they did not Follow the Rules. I just usually blow them off anymore and whenever I am in the sky film is always rolling. AvA has a lot of Potential I think and I am glad to be a part of it and meeting new friends.

Salute all
Crazy8's
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2010, 10:18:50 PM »
me on the other hand just had a bad night I was throwing lead all over and still could not hit anything except the clouds just been a very very bad last 24 hours for me A Dam 10 Pointer Broadsided me last night and destroyed my passenger door I am just lucky he did not come thru the window or I would of been impaled by his antlers. plus others things right now arent going good Dam Economy!!! lol

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »
me on the other hand just had a bad night I was throwing lead all over and still could not hit anything except the clouds just been a very very bad last 24 hours for me A Dam 10 Pointer Broadsided me last night and destroyed my passenger door I am just lucky he did not come thru the window or I would of been impaled by his antlers. plus others things right now arent going good Dam Economy!!! lol

dam dude..that sucks.

i got a 92 dodge ram van 3500 that was hit by a deer in the drivers door. again, luckily, it didnt' come through the window.

as for having a bad night........sometimes this game lets out frustrations, sometimes it makes em worse. i love this game too much to stay away too long, although i was logging in less before, because i didn't wanna deal with the typical bs in the main arenas.

i tried the ava, and although i did extremely poorly(not much new there), i was hooked. these fights, when we can get into turning, and exchanging advantage to disadvantage, and back again......THESE are the fights that those in the mains don't know what they're missing.

i'll take one good fight in the ava over a dozen average fights in the mains any night of the week.

as for your car......although i'm kinda far away, is there anything i can do to help?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 10:37:41 PM »
let ya know I am calling the insurance company on monday so far it is just the drivers door that needs to be replaced he slid down the side of the vehicle Deer Slobber all over lol, Will let you know I will make the drive to Jersey if needed

Salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 10:55:41 PM »
let ya know I am calling the insurance company on monday so far it is just the drivers door that needs to be replaced he slid down the side of the vehicle Deer Slobber all over lol, Will let you know I will make the drive to Jersey if needed

Salute

definitly keep me informed.

my shop is only about 20 minutes from the ben franklin or30 from the walt whitman bridges.

i'm not a body shop, but i can still hang a door i think.

the deer slobber.....that's on you dood.  :neener: :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2010, 07:02:16 AM »
they weren't in tonight, and it was a massivly fun night.

BUG....if you're still reading this thread.......i ho'd ya on that one fight up at around 14k. i thought i had an angle, and took the shot. on film, it showed as an outright ho.

i am sorry about that dood. it was not intentional, and i hope you know me well enough to know i mean that.  :salute

Hehe, I was wondering who that was.  :)  Yeah I knew coming out of my turn it might look like it wasn't a HO to the other guy.  No need to apologize, and I'm sure it wasn't intentional. 

Was having fun last night, I should of got on sooner because I only had time for a couple after I logged on.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2010, 09:31:59 AM »
Hehe, I was wondering who that was.  :)  Yeah I knew coming out of my turn it might look like it wasn't a HO to the other guy.  No need to apologize, and I'm sure it wasn't intentional. 

Was having fun last night, I should of got on sooner because I only had time for a couple after I logged on.

yea, it was me.......saw ya there, and figured "friggin awesome shot!", squeezed the trigger, and saw hits. i mainly watched that film, 'cause there was doubt afterwards, and froze it when i got to that point, jumped into your cockpit....and sure enough.....you had me right in your sights too.......i friggin hate doing that almost as badly as i hate having it done to me.  :salute
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2010, 09:55:20 AM »
Mols

That sucks bro.. If a 10 pointer hit my mustang I'd be toast. 

Cap and Bug..

I'm not going to jump on a high horse and demand everybody play the way I do but your discussion is exactly what I've come to expect from the AVA.  When the scenario calls for it cap a base and try to take it, HO's are lame, picking is lame, hovering over a field and capping somebody just taking off is lame, ganging a single contact is lame, and if somebody breaks out of the fight and heads home let them be.  I like it that way.

If I have to adjust my 'style' (such that it is) I will and I will be just as happy.  But I won't intentionally HO, pick, vultch, or attempt to take out a base a sector away when I'm on and nobody else is because that screws with the good fights that will come later and I really don't want to see that behavior become the norm for the AVA but, if it does, I'll adjust.  It just wont be as much fun.   

Pick me, HO me, conga line me, vultch me, I'm just going to think you're a rectal orifice and I'll ignore you until you either change your stripes or go away. 

All of that crap aside it's going to happen whether you're an uber pilet or not.  Not intentional? cool.. stuff happens.  Repeatedly disrespecting other players because 'It's my 15 dollars and I can do what I want' is a great way to get in my rectal orifice book.   

I'm here to have fun and attempt, as best I can, to provide fun for everybody else.  Trust me if you're laughing AT me you're more than likely laughing WITH me. 

Of course that's only my opinion.. I could be wrong.  <S> 

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute