Author Topic: Cap'n'boot - refined version  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
Re: Cap'n'boot - refined version
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2010, 12:58:46 PM »
although HTC has said they will never kick players for inactivity, theres no problem with kicking active players apparently :headscratch:

No no no Holmes, you got it wrong. HTC has a problem with Kick PROFILING.
He has no problem kicking everyone indescriminately. ;-)
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Roki

• Zinc Member
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2010, 05:03:50 PM »
I'm a newbie, but I can't see why can't we have only 1 LW arena? Servers can handle it on Tuesdays, so why don't we do it all the week?

Are those EW and MW arenas that important? Maybe we should have only 1 MA, WW1, Training arena and maybe some SE Arena that would host AvA events too?

Maybe the current way is the best way to keep constant war going on, and I find out few reasons to keep it that way, but there really isn't need for this complex system with this small playerbase.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »
I'm a newbie, but I can't see why can't we have only 1 LW arena? Servers can handle it on Tuesdays, so why don't we do it all the week?

Are those EW and MW arenas that important? Maybe we should have only 1 MA, WW1, Training arena and maybe some SE Arena that would host AvA events too?

Maybe the current way is the best way to keep constant war going on, and I find out few reasons to keep it that way, but there really isn't need for this complex system with this small playerbase.

Before someone yells "search!", here in a nutshell:

Arenas haven't been split for technical reasons, but for social ones. According to HTC, the single old main was getting too big. Too many players resulted in an "unhealthy" game environment, mostly due to higher anonymity, less social interaction and more. Further they stated that it was negatively impacting the number of new subscriptions, and that the split arenas improved that problem significantly.

Oh... and while EW may be almost dead and MW hasn't that much action, you would have no gain from deleting them.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman