Author Topic: Thanks !  (Read 871 times)

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
Thanks !
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:02:10 PM »
I thought I would check the forums today and I had a few personal messages.i was swept with emotion by a couple of them,and I realized then that I simply couldn't leave the 71st RAF,or the Aces High community.One gentleman offered to pay my subscription,and another sent me a couple of utube videos.Watching The last Flight of the 123,and the offer to pay my subscription,how could I possibly just walk away from the game and friends I've made through the years.I'm coming back,but I may not fly a lot,but I'll be back,paying my own way.
I'm not poor by any means.I don't have to make the choices that some retired people have to make,and I'm thankful for that.$14.95 is a small amount to pay for such great entertainment.When  tried to retire,I was in a angry mood,and I was trying to think of ways to slim the budget,so I could pay some medical bills,w/o to much stress.What I did was create more stress by making shoot from the hip decisions.The V.A. decided I make too much money,and Social Security won't pay for anything V.A. related.I'm getting older now,and many times I will wonder into a room to do something,but can't remember what I'm in the room for.The V.A. is pitiful,and I'm an angry camper!I can't recall short term things well anymore,but I can recall things that happened 45 years ago like it was yesterday.I still have nightmares,and I take medicine to keep me stable.I keep seeing L/CPL L.C. Paul covering us as we carried the dead and wounded out of harms way.Paul had decided he wasn't hit bad enough,and jumped off his medevac chopper to rejoin his brothers.He was given the job of covering the retreat to the medevac choppers.He was in a bad position,and was hit several more times while doing his job.L/CPL Paul died doing his job,and that's something the V.A. isn't real good at!
Thanks to all that said such kind words,and you will see me up soon.I made a bad decision w/o thinking.
IronDog

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Thanks !
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:37:50 PM »
 :salute

I, for one, am glad you're staying on.  This is a great community and it's made better by people like you sir. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 01:23:09 PM »
Darn it, I thought we got rid of you......   :D

Best News all day IronDog!!!   :aok  Better you stay Sir!

:salute
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »
THIS is why I spend so much time here.  Irondog, you have made my day, glad you are back, where you belong.   :salute
Wag more, bark less.

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 02:26:49 PM »
Welcome home friend.  :aok :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 02:49:27 PM »
Welcome back ID  <S>

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »
Welcome back, :salute
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 05:25:26 PM »
Irondog i am glad you had a change of heart you are always a class act when fighting you Salute bro welcome home
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 06:24:09 PM »
Welcome back ID - just no shooting the wurzel ya hear?
 ;)

Wurzel

I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 09:14:53 PM »
I thought I would check the forums today and I had a few personal messages.i was swept with emotion by a couple of them,and I realized then that I simply couldn't leave the 71st RAF,or the Aces High community.One gentleman offered to pay my subscription,and another sent me a couple of utube videos.Watching The last Flight of the 123,and the offer to pay my subscription,how could I possibly just walk away from the game and friends I've made through the years.I'm coming back,but I may not fly a lot,but I'll be back,paying my own way.
I'm not poor by any means.I don't have to make the choices that some retired people have to make,and I'm thankful for that.$14.95 is a small amount to pay for such great entertainment.When  tried to retire,I was in a angry mood,and I was trying to think of ways to slim the budget,so I could pay some medical bills,w/o to much stress.What I did was create more stress by making shoot from the hip decisions.The V.A. decided I make too much money,and Social Security won't pay for anything V.A. related.I'm getting older now,and many times I will wonder into a room to do something,but can't remember what I'm in the room for.The V.A. is pitiful,and I'm an angry camper!I can't recall short term things well anymore,but I can recall things that happened 45 years ago like it was yesterday.I still have nightmares,and I take medicine to keep me stable.I keep seeing L/CPL L.C. Paul covering us as we carried the dead and wounded out of harms way.Paul had decided he wasn't hit bad enough,and jumped off his medevac chopper to rejoin his brothers.He was given the job of covering the retreat to the medevac choppers.He was in a bad position,and was hit several more times while doing his job.L/CPL Paul died doing his job,and that's something the V.A. isn't real good at!
Thanks to all that said such kind words,and you will see me up soon.I made a bad decision w/o thinking.
IronDog

i must have missed something, but am glad to see you're staying.

if there is anything you need, pm, and i will help if i can.  :salute
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 06:10:33 AM »
Glad you are staying Irondog.

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 07:58:48 AM »
we lub you

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 10:34:33 PM »
IronDog. youre a great guy and im happy you decided to come back man! <S>
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline McDeath

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 07:53:19 AM »
Great !
flying as                     
Voudou  III/JG11 BOG
71Sqn./USMC
When we are done with you, you are going to wish your Daddy pulled out early!
"Then throw caution to the wind, buy a one way ticket to furball city and pop

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 08:39:32 AM »
 :rock  :cheers: :banana:
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."