Author Topic: The dweeb from dweebistan  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: The dweeb from dweebistan
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2010, 09:20:42 AM »
I'm intrigued to see the LA's on the list so often.  I've never thought of them as a very challenging aircraft to fly well...
Do you fly it well?

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2010, 09:21:41 AM »
I've always found the La-7 to be a bit of a brick in a turn fight. It's one 5 eny plane that has never given me issues in a TnB fight. Boy could Shane make that thing dance though...
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2010, 10:08:17 AM »
The LA-7 can turn I have found, as long as you certainly have the stall limiter off...  Problem I have with the LA is the effectiveness of the guns.  I generally shoot at 4-600 ish, those don't seem to do so good at that range.  LAs just get a bad rap for the HOs in them. 

If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2010, 12:11:27 PM »
Both of the La's can turn, and stall fight even better, as long as you dont drop a wing I have taken it to 50mph to cause spits to overshoot and stall out trying to get back around, with some throttle flap and rudder work La's are pure killers, though they are very hard to master, and anyone who says they arnt challenging to fly isnt "flying" them at all, IMHO
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2010, 12:20:47 PM »
Both of the La's can turn, and stall fight even better, as long as you dont drop a wing I have taken it to 50mph to cause spits to overshoot and stall out trying to get back around, with some throttle flap and rudder work La's are pure killers, though they are very hard to master, and anyone who says they arnt challenging to fly isnt "flying" them at all, IMHO

This is true.  They can be particularly dominating in the right hands but they are by no means 'easy mode' to fly well.

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »
Anyone who lands kills in the Wildcat, not the FM2, but the original F4F has done a tremendous job in my opinion. Saw same guy post a 6 and 5 kill run last night back to back. Pretty impressive.

And the biggest dweeb plane is the P-51D simply because the dweeb pilots will not engage or dogfight. All they do is dive on you while you're on an enemy's 6, fire a burst and climb back into the clouds. To me, this is the equivalent of a sucker punch or steeling an old lady's purse.

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2010, 01:19:28 PM »
Well dont be an old lady and dont let the P51 take your purse, BnZ pickers arnt that big of a problem in the MA, its not just P-51's, people do this in everything, I have no problem with P-51's or any planes for that matter, I think alot of new pilots fly the P51 because that is what they are familiar with, so thats why you generaly see P-51's being "more dweeby" then others
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2010, 01:23:16 PM »
La's, 51s, and i feel that 47s are all like this. very devastating and destructive in the right hands but you need to learn them before you are effective at all in any of them. P38s too now that i think about it. Spit's, a6ms, hurris, and nikis and ki84s are all easy to learn and although when flown well, can be even more devastating than what i listed prior, are easy to kill even for the newest of flyers

Anyone who lands kills in the Wildcat, not the FM2, but the original F4F has done a tremendous job in my opinion. Saw same guy post a 6 and 5 kill run last night back to back. Pretty impressive.

And the biggest dweeb plane is the P-51D simply because the dweeb pilots will not engage or dogfight. All they do is dive on you while you're on an enemy's 6, fire a burst and climb back into the clouds. To me, this is the equivalent of a sucker punch or steeling an old lady's purse.
so youre saying i did an impressive job by flying the wildcat only to vulch idiots upping at capped bases? :D

and the P51D is actually takes a bit to learn the ropes of. alot of 51 pilots think it was only good in firing and running when it has alot of qualities that are unused by many of the p51 pilots. a good 51 team even on the deck can devastate multiple enemies. Last night alone my squaddie sector95 landed 5 in a 51B, and i landed 6 in a D. Another squaddie shermo almost made it home with 3. 5 of our collective kills were while rtb and 6 enemies had followed us. Both P51s are excellent planes when correctly flown.

(and honestly no im not bragging our kills in the plane. ik my skills and my squaddies skills in the 51 and im just using statistics to make a point. <S>)
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2010, 01:25:05 PM »
Well dont be an old lady and dont let the P51 take your purse, BnZ pickers arnt that big of a problem in the MA, its not just P-51's, people do this in everything, I have no problem with P-51's or any planes for that matter, I think alot of new pilots fly the P51 because that is what they are familiar with, so thats why you generaly see P-51's being "more dweeby" then others
New 47 pilots do the same. they choose to run away because they do not use the 47s good qualities. same with many planes in the MA
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2010, 04:37:10 PM »
The Wildcat pilot who landed the 5 and 6 kills back to back was actually fighting in a fur ball where the fight was taking place not only on the deck but at high altitude, so he could not just bnz. If he was simply shooting down planes on the runway as they were taking off how would this be impressive? I'm giving the guy credit. He did a great job.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2010, 06:55:54 PM »
What a shock...it's turned into that "same ole argument" again.

I suck in everything I fly...so everything I fight is dweeby!!! :lol
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2010, 08:26:38 PM »
The Wildcat pilot who landed the 5 and 6 kills back to back was actually fighting in a fur ball where the fight was taking place not only on the deck but at high altitude, so he could not just bnz. If he was simply shooting down planes on the runway as they were taking off how would this be impressive? I'm giving the guy credit. He did a great job.

ive done something very similar to this, fighting over a port managed to get myself out of a 5-on-1, downed a few of them before my wingman flew to my aid. came back soon after and bagged a few more. but you would be surprised at the number of "dweeb" planes ive shot down in the Wildcat.

id say the FM-2 is a dweeb plane in the hands of an FM-2 dweeb, like me :D
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »
P40E-Landed 32 kills
B25H-Landed 8 kills nothing but the cannon and nothing but airplanes. (Filmed it)
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2010, 08:44:01 PM »
the 190a5 is straight up EZ-mode.   perk it.   nao.    :furious
-AoM-

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2010, 09:05:10 PM »
the 190a5 is straight up EZ-mode.   perk it.   nao.    :furious

noooo thatz teh a8
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74