Author Topic: Any Photographers out there.  (Read 738 times)

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
Re: Any Photographers out there.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 02:59:07 AM »
woops

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
Re: Any Photographers out there.
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 11:13:29 AM »
saggs!

Thanks for those links, Sir! I will be visiting and studying them myself.

I understand what you are saying about the auto functions on the cameras. I bought a Canon EOS 630 (my first camera by the way) back in the late 80's and was totally dumbfounded! Soooo many auto functions...and I didn't understand what they did...nor did I understand photography. So! I took a course in Black and White Photography at a local Community College and never touched an auto function after that. I did, however, take the same course over and over again for three years just to use the dark room!

My Instructor introduced me to Black and White Infrared film and I got hooked! I loved B&W Infrared film! It was touchy stuff in a 35mm format...but then he loaned me his 4x5 for a full quarter to shoot infrared! I learned to love total darkness and loading and unloading film by touch alone. Many years have gone by since then and I am just now getting back into photography with digital cameras. I plan to convert my Canon 40D to a dedicated digital infrared and use my Canon Mark II 5D for everything else.

I have the tools...now I need to learn to be a photographer!

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC