Author Topic: Beer making  (Read 366 times)

Offline Bored123

• Zinc Member
Beer making
« on: November 19, 2010, 12:46:15 AM »
Hello fellas,

Like most other souls on this planet, i love beer. After reading dirtdarts post, i have been inspired to want to make my own beer haha. I just didnt wana still his post etc. I have been reading and doing research into this all night now, and i was just wondering if anyone that makes their own beer, has any tips for a beginner. Also, i was thinking itd be cool for anyone who does home brew, to post good brews they have come up with, or tips etc. Could be fun, im looking forward to it.  :rock :cheers:

Thanks for any tips in advance. btw, i am starting completely from scratch so, its about as beginner as it gets.

JB23

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: Beer making
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 01:37:52 AM »
Tips, and perhaps one recipe ,or two would be cool. Vonmessa, is the guy to talk for tips I hope.  :pray :cheers:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Bored123

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 01:39:58 AM »
lol yea, i mean im not trying to steal brews or anything, this just seems like a cool hobby. Any help is appriciated. Thought it would be cool if enough people did this to exchange brews etc if people were interested.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 02:22:24 AM »
Be abit more posh/French and make dingleberry wine. Tastes like sheit but it will grow on you  :aok

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 03:43:16 AM »
Go for bitter or stout for starters. You can use second hand bottles of plastic for tapping it in, no probles at all. This is actually very easy, just keep the gear clean. Boiling water may be a cheaper solution for disinfecting than alcohol. 60 degs celcius will kill even salmonella in 6 minutes, and pasteurization of milk is basically the exposure to 76 degs celcius for 15 seconds. (from the top of my head, - I used to make beer, wine, and moon).
Good luck!
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 04:45:32 AM »
Hello fellas,

Like most other souls on this planet, i love beer. After reading dirtdarts post, i have been inspired to want to make my own beer haha. I just didnt wana still his post etc. I have been reading and doing research into this all night now, and i was just wondering if anyone that makes their own beer, has any tips for a beginner. Also, i was thinking itd be cool for anyone who does home brew, to post good brews they have come up with, or tips etc. Could be fun, im looking forward to it.  :rock :cheers:

Thanks for any tips in advance. btw, i am starting completely from scratch so, its about as beginner as it gets.

JB23

Sanitation is the key.  I use bleach because I am a cheap bastige.  Just rinse well.

Tips?  Don't have a boilover on the wife's stove  :devil
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Somerled

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 07:02:19 AM »

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 07:46:45 AM »

Offline Somerled

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 08:05:38 AM »
You forgot...

"Relax, and have a homebrew"

:rofl

(Image removed from quote.)

That goes without saying.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 08:09:41 AM »
That goes without saying.

I've almost finished highlighting every place in the book that it is written.  It is in the <cough> "library" <cough>

I have the older version of the book.  It has GOT to be at least 400 times   :rofl

Offline Somerled

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 09:01:41 AM »
I've almost finished highlighting every place in the book that it is written.  It is in the <cough> "library" <cough>

I have the older version of the book.  It has GOT to be at least 400 times   :rofl

The damn phrase is on every page at least once I bet. Yes, its a good motto, but damn man, stop using it so much, we got the point!

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »
Try reading the book from page 1 and taking a swig every time it says to.  Makes for an interesting read.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 10:24:38 AM »
Now I know what I'm doing this weekend   :aok