Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 21877 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2010, 12:32:27 PM »
TeeArr, it doesn't matter how old he is or how old im not, what matters is this thread is filled with a whine and cry cuz the game isn't "easy" for him. Most the guys on here whine more than any female i know. come on, get a grip already...if your tired of the game or its not fun, move on and find something else to do. i was only being honest on how i felt by reading his post, i wasn't patronizing him nor do you know anything about me to know ANYTHING about "what i have been through".

if he didn't want people to speak their minds then he shouldn't have made a whine thread...that is all...

Betty, I understand why you think this, but you have to realize, the war has been impossible to win since the cap changes.  If the ultimate goal of a large percentage of the player base is impossible to achieve, do you think they will stick around?  And be careful by saying 'good riddance' to a high percentage of the player base that takes a ton of money, targets, and fun out of the game.  A goal oriented game is a happy game for everyone.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »
Betty, I understand why you think this, but you have to realize, the war has been impossible to win since the cap changes.  If the ultimate goal of a large percentage of the player base is impossible to achieve, do you think they will stick around?  And be careful by saying 'good riddance' to a high percentage of the player base that takes a ton of money, targets, and fun out of the game.  A goal oriented game is a happy game for everyone.

grizz, if people are burned out or tired of the game for whatever reason...then they should take a break and come back when the game can be fun for them again. or do as others have suggested, try a different style of playing. winning the war doesn't mean anything to me. and as potential targets...the AK's are always around *grin*

seriously, how many whine threads do you see on here? its just bunch of whiners cryin over spilled milk. move on if u have to move and that is that. it is what it is .......
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2010, 12:53:20 PM »
grizz, if people are burned out or tired of the game for whatever reason...then they should take a break and come back when the game can be fun for them again. or do as others have suggested, try a different style of playing. winning the war doesn't mean anything to me. and as potential targets...the AK's are always around *grin*

seriously, how many whine threads do you see on here? its just bunch of whiners cryin over spilled milk. move on if u have to move and that is that. it is what it is .......

So basically, you think a high percentage of the player base that enjoys winning the war should either change the way they enjoy the game or quit?

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2010, 01:13:13 PM »
The game has turned into horde vrs horde furrballs most of the time, just my opinion some will agree some won't but still it's an opinion, i still find fun fights but there getting harder to come by   :joystick:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2010, 01:30:44 PM »
Simply put:  I am responsible for my own happiness.  It is up to me to make the neccessary changes to have fun.  There is so much to do here, that it is not our choices that are limited, it's the old habits that have not updated as the game has.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2010, 01:40:27 PM »
Me i will comeback when i get my nerdy aimbot n my 47 ping connection n my indestructable RUNO9 ill be back  :aok heehehehee i JOKES. ill be back when i get a new desktop . just joking.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2010, 01:44:18 PM »
The game has changed a lot since I've been here. A lot good, some not. Bring back good old tank town :rock   That was always a blast.
Some days more folks were in tanks than planes :)
Remember when 3 resets a day were common? And FUN.
A lot of people unhappy about dar change. I don't know, what was dar capabilities in that time period?
Others unhappy about towns. It's ashamed that customers get mad or disgusted enough to quit, that doesn't help any business.
It seems to me that an "adapt or quit" method is one for doom. I hope that we would encourage people to stay and not say
discouraging words to the ones that are trying to express their feelings as a customer. We all whine about things from time to time,
we should not be cruel, or abusive to ones we have a strong, common bond herewith. (did I type that? I should be a politician,lol)
I hope people will evolve and adapt vs leaving.

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2010, 01:50:13 PM »

The war isn't any more impossible to win now. 

Wonder why you never see small maps?  The war gets won.  Large maps = more bases = harder to "win teh warz".

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »
The game has turned into horde vrs horde furrballs most of the time, just my opinion some will agree some won't but still it's an opinion, i still find fun fights but there getting harder to come by   :joystick:
I'm sure the 68's had problems finding fights at port 14 last night-nearly the entire Nit country was there...the few die-hard Rooks finally left
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2010, 02:44:41 PM »
So basically, you think a high percentage of the player base that enjoys winning the war should either change the way they enjoy the game or quit?

yep....i guess that is what i am sayin grizz. if there is something that bores you about the game or makes it no longer any fun for u, do something else. try FSO or different SEA events, try AvA arena, there are many other options. and if you try all of them and it STILL isn't want you want or enjoy, then maybe move on and do something else with a different kind of game.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2010, 02:55:01 PM »
yep....i guess that is what i am sayin grizz. if there is something that bores you about the game or makes it no longer any fun for u, do something else. try FSO or different SEA events, try AvA arena, there are many other options. and if you try all of them and it STILL isn't want you want or enjoy, then maybe move on and do something else with a different kind of game.

I think this thinking is flawed.  This game is designed largely around the community (which I think HiTech has shown as of late, no matter how unhappy some are with the vote for the B-29) and just giving up and leaving won't fix anything, and the game will crumble.

I do however agree with your comments about whine threads, they are largely annoying, repetitive, and unproductive.  I feel that if someone has a problem with something, they should at least TRY to come up with an innovative solution, and not just "go back to how it was."  If you complain about something, you better have a better way of doing it, or your complaint is hollow, which then becomes a whine.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2010, 03:02:43 PM »
Wonder why you never see small maps?  The war gets won.  Large maps = more bases = harder to "win teh warz".

Never see small maps? Seems you're a  LWO pilot ;)
LWB had small maps most of the time...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »
The game has changed a lot since I've been here. A lot good, some not. Bring back good old tank town :rock   That was always a blast.
Some days more folks were in tanks than planes :)
Remember when 3 resets a day were common? And FUN.

I agree about Tank Town.. but not about the resets.

Yes that did happen... but it was hardly fun. It did happen only because withe the old rules 2 bigger countries could pile on the smaller one in a race for reset. Players complaining that it's all about hordes or gangbanging today, had been either not there at that time, or have rose tinted glasses when looking into the past. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2010, 03:11:32 PM »
I'm sure the 68's had problems finding fights at port 14 last night-nearly the entire Nit country was there...the few die-hard Rooks finally left

i dont know if they did or didnt  i dont fly with them
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:14:58 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2010, 03:58:30 PM »
The war isn't any more impossible to win now. 

wrongway

Lusche posted stats that indicated base taking has dropped in half since the town update.