Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 21997 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #360 on: November 27, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »
Not real sure what this whack a mole is, but as long as it doesn't require me climbing to 15k to chase guys that are avoiding fights,while ducking guys that are diving down from 20k, I'm in!! :cheers:

:salute

Ahhh, then you are IN!  W A M is when the horde keeps popping up in different places on the map and you and I spend our time chasing down the next base to defend..., lmao...I actually have a lot of fun doing it...usually the horde is bombing the hell out of the base so generally, no alt required!!

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #361 on: November 27, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
The OP makes a valid point shared by 100s of players over the past months.Now  looks like he is here for 2nd time in 2 years and you call his post "stupid"? 
You know what Mrs "BB Queen" ; you are very  brave on BB just a  timid # in MA, and  your typical long ,dry,hysterical, boring post #5961 proves nothing more than rude arrogance and a boring life wasted on BB.

:salute

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #362 on: November 27, 2010, 09:26:53 AM »
I've been playing this game for about a year now ...........

The OP makes a valid point shared by 100s of players over the past months.Now  looks like he is here for 2nd time in 2 years and you call his post "stupid"? 
You know what Mrs "BB Queen" ; you are very  brave on BB just a  timid # in MA, and  your typical long ,dry,hysterical, boring post #5961 proves nothing more than rude arrogance and a boring life wasted on BB.

The OP has only been playing for a year, where do you get 2 Yrs from? 

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #363 on: November 27, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »

Yes his post was stupid. What he should have done if he had a complaint is he should have contacted HTC directly. By posting on these boards he has opened the discussion to everyone. He will get valid replies, flames and even post like yours where you do nothing but attack me personally. I'll stop my post now, heaven forbid I should run over my letter limit.

Well said Ghi....he seems to enjoy long posts that don't advance a discussion but seem to always say a version of "too bad, soo sad...deal with it"...I find it easier to skip and read the next post....lots of folks like this in real life...i fire them and find folks interested in solutions that work....cant do that here :cry

...and this from someone who says he doesn't even play any more. I'm all for looking for and executing solutions to problems. I've even suggested a number of solutions to taking base for those who know only how to do it with a horde or NOE. You on the other hand come in here and suggest I type too much, great solution.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #364 on: November 27, 2010, 09:49:48 AM »
...and this from someone who says he doesn't even play any more.

:rofl  Nothing worse than someone throwing a beer bottle from the back of the room and they have no idea what is going on in the front row......  :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #365 on: November 27, 2010, 12:16:32 PM »
:rofl  Nothing worse than someone throwing a beer bottle from the back of the room and they have no idea what is going on in the front row......  :rofl

Your analogy = FAIL :O But then I have no idea who you are or if you even play this game...at least the other posters are folks I recognize????
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #366 on: November 27, 2010, 01:40:21 PM »
time to adjust your meds falconweenie
Lighten up Francis

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #367 on: November 27, 2010, 03:02:29 PM »
time to adjust your meds falconweenie

wow you can call names.... :huh

BTW i tend to find that those who think others need medicines are usually the ones taking them themselves... :rolleyes:

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #368 on: November 27, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »
THC does have medicinal purposes  :banana:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #369 on: November 27, 2010, 05:01:09 PM »

That's what my card says too  :D

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #370 on: November 27, 2010, 07:53:59 PM »
Personally, i couldn't care less if "50" guys are off somewhere "sneaking" the map.

If some guys are trying to "sneak" a couple base 20 sectors from the action, how does that affect gameplay? Defend it or quit whining about it.

I've seen the "whack a mole" nights of which you speak, it happens every now and then, the sky isn't falling.

And what does my squads "chess piece loyalty" have to do with anything?

And finally---what exactly are the results of my "actions"
You do care, you obviously have this myoptic view on how the game that if you are not out sneaking real estate, that you are cruising at 20k "mindlessly furballing" like possesed zombies. There is more to this game besides racing to reset the map.

Come out of your shell and realize that a good portion of the playerbase here does not log on and care what the state of the map is. Most of the time, they will log in trying to get thier fix with a sortie or 2. How does this affect gameplay?
You have 60 freindlies in your arena at one time. 20 of them go off to sneak some portion of the map, now you just took 30% of the population and hidden them out of sight, during which that guy that logs on cruises the map looking for something to happen.
Meanwhile dar bar pops and blobs of red are inbound to some other part of the map and you ask that everyone bails out of their sortie in less than 2 minutes so they can up to defend this horde that more than likely has 5000 troops running before you go gear up. ..HOW FUN!!

Chesspiece loyalty has alot to do with it. Try being on the recieving end of it. NOE had to of been the gamiest cowardly tactic this game has had. So gamey that these guys that joined these missions, once having to defend them would call them gamey themselves when the tactic was used on them.

It degrades the game, and YES..IT WAS BAD FOR GAMEPLAY..hence why its gone!!!!!

Up and defend against them? That is what is happening now. What do you think is the reason why all the cries and whines are about?

Quit the game because you cant do this anymore?  I dont mean to be unsympathetic, but screw them guys. If you started this game today, no complaints are going to be made that you cant sneak anything..you will just adapt to another system if basetaking is your game. These cryers will just die off and we will be fighting off the next thing that gets exploited.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline krazey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #371 on: November 27, 2010, 08:20:42 PM »
NOE had to of been the gamiest cowardly tactic this game has had. So gamey that these guys that joined these missions, once having to defend them would call them gamey themselves when the tactic was used on them.

Up and defend against them? That is what is happening now. What do you think is the reason why all the cries and whines are about?

NOE a cowardly tactic.. so all those pilots that engaed in NOW missions during wars , and yes they did happen ( just look at the dam busters raid for instance, lancasters flew so low on those raids that some hit high tension cables) were they all cowards too?

Then your next two sentences contradict each other, in the first NOE is gone and in the second you imply people are upping and defending against NOE's and whines are coming from that fact... How the heck can people up and defend against NOE attacks if they are gone from the game??

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #372 on: November 27, 2010, 09:14:34 PM »

Hehe you actually made me smile :aok

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #373 on: November 27, 2010, 10:09:20 PM »
You do care, you obviously have this myoptic view on how the game that if you are not out sneaking real estate, that you are cruising at 20k "mindlessly furballing" like possesed zombies. There is more to this game besides racing to reset the map.

Come out of your shell and realize that a good portion of the playerbase here does not log on and care what the state of the map is. Most of the time, they will log in trying to get thier fix with a sortie or 2. How does this affect gameplay?
You have 60 freindlies in your arena at one time. 20 of them go off to sneak some portion of the map, now you just took 30% of the population and hidden them out of sight, during which that guy that logs on cruises the map looking for something to happen.
Meanwhile dar bar pops and blobs of red are inbound to some other part of the map and you ask that everyone bails out of their sortie in less than 2 minutes so they can up to defend this horde that more than likely has 5000 troops running before you go gear up. ..HOW FUN!!

Chesspiece loyalty has alot to do with it. Try being on the recieving end of it. NOE had to of been the gamiest cowardly tactic this game has had. So gamey that these guys that joined these missions, once having to defend them would call them gamey themselves when the tactic was used on them.

Quit the game because you cant do this anymore?  I dont mean to be unsympathetic, but screw them guys. If you started this game today, no complaints are going to be made that you cant sneak anything..you will just adapt to another system if basetaking is your game. These cryers will just die off and we will be fighting off the next thing that gets exploited.

NOE was one of the most cowardly game tactics?? LOL

And if you paid ANY attention to what I had written., you would have seen that i DO NOT sneak bases myself---I am missing defending against guys who do!!

You seem to use every moronic cliche' that is incessently used  on these BBs to try and tell me how I and others play.

Chess piece loyalty!! LMAO!!!

You're a pretty funny guy.

No really.

PS.  Guys at 20k aren't there to "furball".

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #374 on: November 28, 2010, 01:32:28 AM »
Wish I had a <Face Palm> image handy.

What you are saying in essence is make the game easier, in particular base taking, or you are gonna take your ball and go home?

Might I suggest trying some other aspects of the game?  Might want to challenge yourself is something like....say....Air Combat?  There can be some real immediate satisfaction from winning a good dogfight.

If that's not your kinda thing, maybe hop in a GV and try some tank to tank combat?  Again the satisfaction might come from defeating another individual player or six in an armor battle.

If that doesn't work, you might imagine yourself a wartime bomber pilot.  Load up your bomber of choice and go deep to see how accurate you can drop your bombs.  Pretend you are going to Berlin in your 17s.  You could fight off enemy fighters enroute, put your bombs in the 'pickle barrel" and fight your way home, landing your damaged bomber knowing you've fought the good fight and your crew has lived to fight another day.

Might want to consider becoming Captain Qbert USN if it so fits.  Bombard shore targets, get the ack up to fight off an incoming raid on your ships and maybe even engage in a surface battle against another fleet.  Just think.  Maybe you can 'cross the T' and wipe out the other guys ships.

Oh the possibilities! :)

That or take your ball and go home.  It is just a game after all

He could have done all of that BEFORE the lame change. I used to practice bombing, now I only play because I have my squad. If I didn't care about those guys so much and eating the souls of fighters who TRY to shoot down my 17's I would quit. After being deployed and coming back to the change....I wanna go back to Afghanistan. Brace on and all. Sitting at the house all wrapped up means the only thing I CAN do is play AH...

btw the dogfight thing you mentioned - it used to be called a furball....or have you forgotten already?
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech