Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 22024 times)

Offline delta7

• Zinc Member
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #375 on: November 28, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »
 MarineUS :salute

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #376 on: November 28, 2010, 09:29:15 AM »
I didn't read all 26 pages of this tread but I was just wondering: Is there a civil(forum) war going on in there? Or is it just a fight between two guys?... Or is there a fight at all?  :confused:
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #377 on: November 28, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »
I didn't read all 26 pages of this tread but I was just wondering: Is there a civil(forum) war going on in there? Or is it just a fight between two guys?... Or is there a fight at all?  :confused:

Canadian?    :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #378 on: November 28, 2010, 09:51:09 AM »
NOE a cowardly tactic.. so all those pilots that engaed in NOW missions during wars , and yes they did happen ( just look at the dam busters raid for instance, lancasters flew so low on those raids that some hit high tension cables) were they all cowards too?

Then your next two sentences contradict each other, in the first NOE is gone and in the second you imply people are upping and defending against NOE's and whines are coming from that fact... How the heck can people up and defend against NOE attacks if they are gone from the game??
You are obviously new. Do a quick search and learn the difference between real life war and sitting comfortably on your computer chair.

Second, Im not contradicting myself. When NOEs were running rampant in the MAs, their responses were "if you dont like NOEs, then defend them".
The change has now made it possible that defenders are given a choice due to the fact that more than likely it will be spotted faster than the old method

Understand that too much of one thing is bad. We need to realize that the only way to a great gaming enviorment is to have a nice balance of everything. Sometimes what we like is really not the best thing for us. True we may have some people quitting because we took away thier fun, but ask yourself in the longrun if anything wasnt done to help fix it..we might of lost a huge amount more.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #379 on: November 28, 2010, 10:41:27 AM »
[quote author=oTRALFZo link=topic=300544.msg3859444#msg3859444 date=1290959469
 When NOEs were running rampant in the MAs, their responses were "if you dont like NOEs, then defend them".
[/quote]

And what would be wrong with that response?

It reminds me of the responses you hear when people would complain about vulching (don't up at that base), spawn campers (then don't spawn into them) etc.etc.

Personally, I find vulching (when not taking a base) to be the most cowardly type of game play, and yet it is whole heartedly endorsed by this games creator.

Again the most idiotic hypocrosy rears its moronic head.

Noes and "land grabbers" have ALWAYS been the red headed step child in this game, "and by God we're going to do something about it", and they have, at every turn.

And I've said it before--you could put big flashing arrows pointing at the "flashing" base and guys still won't stop and defend against it.

But they'll loudly complain about it all day long.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #380 on: November 28, 2010, 10:55:01 AM »
It was a sorry game play yesterday. I bombed some things both in my 38 and B24's, Helped defend a number of base, once even getting kills in a wirble. Rooks won the war and we had a map reset. Switched to the Blue arena and had some great fights 1on 1 and 2 on 1. Some I won, some I lost, others were a tie (get you next time Deuce!). Fights wound down, and switched back to Orange ran a few more buff runs and had a few more fights.

All in all it was 7-8 hours of pure hell!  WTG Hitech Creations!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #381 on: November 28, 2010, 11:09:44 AM »
[quote author=oTRALFZo link=topic=300544.msg3859444#msg3859444 date=1290959469
 When NOEs were running rampant in the MAs, their responses were "if you dont like NOEs, then defend them".

And what would be wrong with that response?

It reminds me of the responses you hear when people would complain about vulching (don't up at that base), spawn campers (then don't spawn into them) etc.etc.

Personally, I find vulching (when not taking a base) to be the most cowardly type of game play, and yet it is whole heartedly endorsed by this games creator.

Again the most idiotic hypocrosy rears its moronic head.

Noes and "land grabbers" have ALWAYS been the red headed step child in this game, "and by God we're going to do something about it", and they have, at every turn.

And I've said it before--you could put big flashing arrows pointing at the "flashing" base and guys still won't stop and defend against it.

But they'll loudly complain about it all day long.

In some cases, vulching is incidental to trying to keep the base capped for a capture.  It sucks but it happens to keep the fighters from killing the troops and gvs.   One thing I try to do if I can't get up at the horded base is get up out of one close by and come in high...usually makes for good fights and the vulchers then get picked.  Fair is fair right?  Try it...its good fun when you can find a buddy to go with you.

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #382 on: November 28, 2010, 11:14:45 AM »
In some cases, vulching is incidental to trying to keep the base capped for a capture.  It sucks but it happens to keep the fighters from killing the troops and gvs.   One thing I try to do if I can't get up at the horded base is get up out of one close by and come in high...usually makes for good fights and the vulchers then get picked.  Fair is fair right?  Try it...its good fun when you can find a buddy to go with you.

Changeup

I think thats what i said.  :salute
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline krazey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #383 on: November 28, 2010, 11:34:33 AM »
You are obviously new. Do a quick search and learn the difference between real life war and sitting comfortably on your computer chair.

Roflmao.. Obviously new?? not on your nelly pal.. I may have taken a break and started a new account upon my return but I first started playing this game 8 freaking years ago.

I dont need to do a search to know the difference between real war and playing games, I've an Uncle who recently left the REME and have lost several relatives in real wars, including one in an NOE mission.I have friends who have lost limbs fighting in Ireland.

And yes you did contradict yourself, first you said NOE's were OUT OF THE GAME and then you say people can up and defend against them, if that isnt a contradiction then what the hell is??
 And if you had bothered to read my other posts in this thread you would have realised that I DO apreciate that too much of one thing is bad and that a balance is needed.But meh, your just another one thats not worth arguing with.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #384 on: November 28, 2010, 11:45:19 AM »
I think thats what i said.  :salute

cc....guilty of reading your post a little too quick.  IN

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #385 on: November 28, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »
Rooks won the war and we had a map reset.

i thought that was impossible now.  :D

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #386 on: November 28, 2010, 12:19:29 PM »
Rooks won the war and we had a map reset.

Onward to victory, brothers!  :airplane:

-Penguin

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #387 on: November 28, 2010, 12:38:24 PM »
MarineUS :salute

:salute Delta7

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on his post :P
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #388 on: November 28, 2010, 12:51:44 PM »

He could have done all of that BEFORE the lame change. I used to practice bombing, now I only play because I have my squad. If I didn't care about those guys so much and eating the souls of fighters who TRY to shoot down my 17's I would quit. After being deployed and coming back to the change....I wanna go back to Afghanistan. Brace on and all. Sitting at the house all wrapped up means the only thing I CAN do is play AH...

btw the dogfight thing you mentioned - it used to be called a furball....or have you forgotten already?

My point exactly.  The change hasn't impacted at all on his options.  There is nothing he can't do now that he could do previously

It's a good thing we have you here to make sure HTC knows how to run their company :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #389 on: November 28, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »
It was a sorry game play yesterday. I bombed some things both in my 38 and B24's, Helped defend a number of base, once even getting kills in a wirble. Rooks won the war and we had a map reset. Switched to the Blue arena and had some great fights 1on 1 and 2 on 1. Some I won, some I lost, others were a tie (get you next time Deuce!). Fights wound down, and switched back to Orange ran a few more buff runs and had a few more fights.

All in all it was 7-8 hours of pure hell!  WTG Hitech Creations!

Nice, I am glad that you had fun.  I am assuming that you did all of this during OFF hours game play.  Oh, and nice job helping to capture A15 (yes, I was there and you were instrumental).  Although, it was less than a sector away from Rook HQ, and bombers were tearing up strats and zeroing in on doing the same to HQ, I was informed that Bishops had held that field all day.

This is what the OP and others here have been referring to.  Changes that allow a base to be so heavily defended that once it is captured (even deep into enemy territory) , it only takes a small force to defend, while attacking resources have to be efficiently organized and heavily manned.  The balance is OFF.

Yes, I do enjoy this game.....  Yes, it is fun......  But there are times like yesterday, that prove a point.  If you care nothing about repeatedly loosing dar for entire country both friendly and enemy, you keep battling away in Tank Town with your buds and have a blast (radar means little to you in such a battle).   Your prospective about having fun will be different from those who time and again are turned away from the maproom because one hidden object has not been discovered, and the ticker has run out.

Furthermore, putting on rose colored glasses and seeing only the good points, is not a healthy approach for development.  Recent evidence of reduction in base capture does not necessarily mean there is a reduction in those interested in capturing bases.  It is good to know what your player base is interested in.  Not as important what your player base thinks of each other.