Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 22371 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »
I'd like to see what one of those old AW base limits would do--only 10 or so people could be aloft from any one base at a time. Make an interesting experiment

Sector zone limits were 20 per side, per sector and as soon as someone was shot down a spot opened up.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2010, 03:37:45 PM »
I have to say that, after reading many of the posts on here, I am ashamed at what some of you have written.  What happened to "If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all"?  There are a lot of vitriolic statements that do nothing to add to the conversation, but seem to satisfy some Bozo's itch to run others down.  What's the matter with you people...Mom didn't give you enough hugs when you were little?  Need more Prozac?  It's the same disregard for others that has infected gameplay and yes, it does take the fun out of the game.
Betty's patronizing comments were way out of line, especially considering Qbert is some 30 years her senior, and has been through more crap than Betty will ever face....  Am I being too harsh or "Out of Line"?   I hope so.  Some of you need to get over your testosterone rush and take a good long look at yourselves.
This thread should have been closed long ago.

TeeArr

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2010, 04:14:51 PM »
I started out tour 52, so ive been around a bit, my first sortie I attacked like 10 nme cons, died real fast lol, Been fighting the hourd ever since, with all the changes making bigger hourds, well thats just more targets for me :-).....this game is what you make it, plain and simple, if your not happy then dont be here, find what makes you happy, personaly I cant fly right now, and threads that complain about the greatest combat sim there is, just irk me to no end......stop complaining find what makes you happy or go away.    easy-peasy lemon-squeezy

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »
Many players did also evolve the other way around. From pure "fighter" type or furballer, to allround player or even *gasp* basetaker (strategic player).

The more limited the playing style (no matter which one), the more easy it is to burn out.

I agree Lusche, neither style of play should be ignored or condemned. As a "fighter" guy I've had to adjust my play to take into account of game changes for years. Instead of giving up, I adapted. There are still many things that truly annoy the heck out of me in this game... the pair of high pones that are afraid to engage my zero, the one move wonders that do nothing but HO, the gang tards that see someone fighting 2 or 3 guys and decide its a good idea to make it even more lop-sided. Each and everytime I run into this stuff.....and it is VERY often... it pisses me off and is certainly NOT fun.

On the other hand I've been in this game almost 10 years and AW for a number of years before that. I know that that one good fight is just a few launches down the road. Some times you have to think outside the box to get it. Last night after a number of frustrating runs Karnak said he'd meet me for some fights. We moved off to a quite section of the map and had a number of fun fights as well as 4Fox and flash2 getting in on the action.

The fun is still there, you may just have to broaden your horizons a bit to find it. 

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2010, 04:49:32 PM »
I find this thread funny and most responses have such a spin on them they make my head hurt.

These changes that are currently in effect have not eliminated NOE missions, it just made them harder to conduct.
Remember when:
Rolling base after undefended base was getting old for those of you on the receiving end, resetting a couple of maps in a day was not unheard of, some of you tend to forget just what you complained about when this was going on.
I know, I participated in them and ran them myself for a time, and know exactly how easy it was to gather anyone and everyone to horde a base for a capture, ended up being more creative about them just to keep them interesting but even then they were still easy, too easy to take a base.  

NOE was never the problem per say, it was running them at nauzium that is. When that is all that a side would do it affects everyone else as well.  Make it a little harder was just fair for everyone, I think it met its goal.  

If you must find a reason to play the game like a "goal" or "winning" something for example, you can find that like everyone else does in the way you fight another plane or a tank as much as you could find it in taking a base.  Think about it.  

As for people leaving the game:  
People are not leaving the game for the way it is now, they were leaving well before these changes took effect.  
If you ask me, I would dare to say I am seeing more of them coming back because its getting a little better than it was before.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2010, 08:46:45 PM »
The fun is still there, you may just have to broaden your horizons a bit to find it
Actually, quite a LOT. What can be done to convince people to log on, and immediately NOT fly to the biggest GREEN darbar? Hard to attack the borg cube. They may all suck individually, but Quantity has a Quality in and of itself
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2010, 06:38:28 AM »
If you guys wanna take some shots at someone, log out of here and go log in the game.  :salute

I do reserve my right to whine, complain, or pitch a boogiee and would do so with kerosene underwear on.   When some of you pull your heads back out and hear that pop sound, it may clear your hearing (in this case, your ability to read before launching a pointless comment). 

Constructive arguments about personal preferences can be valuable to the developers.  Personal attacks on anyone for expressing an opinion, is just taking up server space.

Analogy:  I had four young kids, and Christmas would break the bank for about 3 months every year.  A good deal of that money was spent in one particular store (TRU).  This was not including the 7 birthdays of closely related kids that were within 30 days of Christmas, so we would say near a couple of thousand yearly take from us for that one franchise.  One year, everyone got the coolest bikes we could find there.  Sadly, on Christmas day a flaw in a crucial part of my youngest's bike disabled it within minutes of his first ride.   As soon as I could, I took the bike back to repair or replace the prized possession.  I was unprepared for the accusations about my character and total unwillingness of the management to remedy the obvious flaw.  I told the manager that I would never shop at the franchise again, then left to upgrade the part from a professional bike shop (spending a good chunk of change).

That was 20 years ago, you can do the math.  My kids were annoyed that even if they were the only place in town with the goods, I kept my word and never made another purchase there. 

Bottom line:  Try to convince Q and others like him / us, that the game is not broken or at least listen to his complaint.  Q  .... dude, you are still the man in the A20, take a short break if you feel the need, but your post has brought out many opinions about game development direction, and your point about fun in a game has to be taken seriously.

:salute

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2010, 07:22:55 AM »
@ chilli.......

Agreed that people have a right to choose where they spend their money and time.  I agree that Qbert has every right to, and should, express his opinion toward a product for which he has purchased (in this case the time on AH).

However, I see two problems in this instance.  First the manner in which he complained was like a 12-year old on a temper tantrum.  It is very easy to lose a valuable message in the tone (method) of its delivery.   It is hard to correct a problem if the person complaining does not clearly state what the problem is.  Using a twist on your bike example, if you went back to the store stomping your feet because a purchase you made doesn't work, how are they to know that you need a replacement bike part?

Second, what Qbert is complaining about is NOT that AcesHigh is broken.  He downloaded the game, he logs on, the game runs smoothly, he didn't get discoed, all the controls work.  Everything about the game functions exactly as it is supposed to.  What he is complaining about is HOW OTHERS ARE USING THE GAME.  How can HTC control how people play the game?  Going back to the bike example twist, if you bought a bike and it worked perfectly.  You want to ride your bike to the park, but everyone else wants to ride to the lake, is that defect with the bike?

Qbert has a valid point that he may not be enjoying the game as much as he used to.  He could very easily have come in and said, "I have noticed some methods of play that are not as fun for me.  I suggest that we, as a community, might try to doing this....  or that... "  He could very easily have asked HTC to consider altering the maps to ensure better fights or other methods of base takes.  But, what he did was come in stomping his feet acting like a spoiled 12 year old.

Like I said, the message may be valid, but it was very hard to understand because of the delivery.  And, THAT, is why some have chosen to flame him.  They saw the pitch, but it was down in the dirt so they didn't swing - Now they are heckling the pitcher.
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2010, 07:45:46 AM »
Sector zone limits were 20 per side, per sector and as soon as someone was shot down a spot opened up.

ack-ack

20 per base whilst it was called zone limit it was allocated to bases. Indeed it could be varied from base to base by use of the "texts".  One aspect of the AW system I would not wish for is that (as Mage initially implemented it) the zone limit was subject to attrition (lowered to about 14 IIRC) as some of the field assets were destroyed.

The idea that we can "pork" a zone limit would not work here.
Ludere Vincere

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2010, 08:03:03 AM »
I have to say that, after reading many of the posts on here, I am ashamed at what some of you have written.  What happened to "If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all"?  There are a lot of vitriolic statements that do nothing to add to the conversation, but seem to satisfy some Bozo's itch to run others down.  What's the matter with you people...Mom didn't give you enough hugs when you were little?  Need more Prozac?  It's the same disregard for others that has infected gameplay and yes, it does take the fun out of the game.
Betty's patronizing comments were way out of line, especially considering Qbert is some 30 years her senior, and has been through more crap than Betty will ever face....  Am I being too harsh or "Out of Line"?   I hope so.  Some of you need to get over your testosterone rush and take a good long look at yourselves.
This thread should have been closed long ago.

TeeArr

TeeArr, it doesn't matter how old he is or how old im not, what matters is this thread is filled with a whine and cry cuz the game isn't "easy" for him. Most the guys on here whine more than any female i know. come on, get a grip already...if your tired of the game or its not fun, move on and find something else to do. i was only being honest on how i felt by reading his post, i wasn't patronizing him nor do you know anything about me to know ANYTHING about "what i have been through".

if he didn't want people to speak their minds then he shouldn't have made a whine thread...that is all...
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2010, 09:50:06 AM »
A lot of responses here address the need for the player to evolve and those are spot on in my opinion.

I am a night worker and my evenings off I reserve for family and when I can the AvA, but the new changes have me considering trying MA in the off hours occasionally.

The arena transition is at a set time, so players can adjust their times to avoid it or create for themselves the new challenge of trying to reach their goals before the switchover.

The new settings require people to change their tactics to accomplish what they did before.

Gives us all new challenges.

What I am hearing a lot is "This game sucks because I can't do things exactly the way I always did before."

Well, wouldn't that be kind of boring?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2010, 10:14:25 AM »
I agree with qbert. Game is awesome game play sucks. Game is supposed to be about combat not farming. Want to farm go play farmville. All you clowns do anymore is come in at 20k in spixteens and Lgays and then,when u lose your alt and e u run to your nearest base and hide in the ack, or u up 190s or a mossi's and see how many people u can ho b4 u die or u up bombers and shut down bases where a almost good fight is going on with no intent of taking the base. Yet all of you are so quick to point fingers at others and judge everybody from your high horses about how lame each other are and how much bigger and better you are then them (funny how everybody that plays Aces High is 6' 5" tall and 300+ pounds of pure muscle). LOL get over yourselves you spend the majority of your time playing a fricking video game I assure you none of you almighty gamers are better then anybody including myself.

enjoy flaming me on spelling grammar and whatever

I'll not flame you on spelling or grammar but you do dress funny.  :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2010, 10:18:45 AM »
I agree with qbert. Game is awesome game play sucks. Game is supposed to be about combat not farming. Want to farm go play farmville. All you clowns do anymore is come in at 20k in spixteens and Lgays and then,when u lose your alt and e u run to your nearest base and hide in the ack, or u up 190s or a mossi's and see how many people u can ho b4 u die or u up bombers and shut down bases where a almost good fight is going on with no intent of taking the base. Yet all of you are so quick to point fingers at others and judge everybody from your high horses about how lame each other are and how much bigger and better you are then them (funny how everybody that plays Aces High is 6' 5" tall and 300+ pounds of pure muscle). LOL get over yourselves you spend the majority of your time playing a fricking video game I assure you none of you almighty gamers are better then anybody including myself.

enjoy flaming me on spelling grammar and whatever

Thats hilarious.  No really.  Almost as funny as killing one of your buffs DMGOD, only to have you bail the other two as I came around for another pass, and then amazingly enough watching several more members of your fine squad do the same.  I do not understand how you can be pointing at others gameplay as poor after witnessing that sir <S>.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2010, 11:05:12 AM »
Thats hilarious.  No really.  Almost as funny as killing one of your buffs DMGOD, only to have you bail the other two as I came around for another pass, and then amazingly enough watching several more members of your fine squad do the same.  I do not understand how you can be pointing at others gameplay as poor after witnessing that sir <S>.

I definitely need more Cheese please.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »
I agree with qbert. Game is awesome game play sucks.

I imagine if you would stop whining each time you get shot down and accuse each and everyone that shoots you down of HOing, your game play might just improve.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song