Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 22150 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2010, 04:06:40 PM »
Lusche posted stats that indicated base taking has dropped in half since the town update.

and as soon as base takers learn the new layout, they'll probably go back up. or when they learn to read a map, and coordinate; :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »
They must know how many buildings there are now. I think they just lose count.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »
Lusche posted stats that indicated base taking has dropped in half since the town update.

that may be true, but the maps do get reset.. even the knights "won" one a week or two ago..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2010, 04:24:10 PM »
that may be true, but the maps do get reset.. even the knights "won" one a week or two ago..

Almost all resets since the update have been TT resets. It'S incredibly hard to win LWO within a week. And with the new arena format, the likelihood of "won" wars will further decrease.
While I do not not fight to win the war, It's my firm belief that it's absolutely necessary to give players a good chance to do so.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2010, 04:32:20 PM »

that's the part i was talking about coordination.

like.......you take the west side, i take the center, soulss would take the east side. we all have our maps. we all count out acks as we kill em. if there's resistance, then we hopefully handle that too....but we have fun trying.

maps and coordination are the key. we had it down pat in the hired guns. satans playmates did too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2010, 05:18:02 PM »

Now this is very unexceptable. Who the heck let the knights win? :furious
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline krazey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2010, 05:45:45 PM »
ok before i get to my point i'll admit i skipped a few pages of this thread... thing is after seeing so many posts putting down the OP I felt i must say that pretty much all ive seen/heard ingame is " oh they've made this game unwinnable now" " what the hell?? now we only have  half a week to win? thats BS " and similar comments about the new arena switching , which , IMO, kinda backs up the OP's sentiments.
 Ok so maybe I took a 4 year break away from the game but the amount of changes I've seen and thought " ouch" over since coming back surprised me... this is yet another that I can see causing dissension amongst players for quite some time.

Oh and to the poster on the first page (oldman i believe it was ) who commented on the " men-in-tights MMPGs) if I was you I'd go back to your oh so knowledgable friends and politely ask them to stop talking about things untill they know what they are talking about. I was a GameSage for a MMORPG for approx 18 months and can confirm that PvP is very much a part of 90% of MMORPG's.. Its entirely up to the players if they wanna fight other players or AI , more often than not you end up fighting both.. could you imagine if in AH your 1v1 with another player when you blunder into the range of 3 or 4 AI controlled planes... actually that could be rather interesting....
 Enbough ranting back to doing what I prefer to do... playing the game and having fun!!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2010, 05:53:42 PM »
What is it you like(d) to do that you can no longer do?

wrongway
Very simple he can't take down a town by his self any more & be sure he got it all on airfields,& on V/bases & ports he cant kill all the guns & he can't get back in time with M3 before soft gun becomes an auto gun & kills him or his troops. :aok
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:57:14 PM by lyric1 »

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2010, 06:03:52 PM »
Most the guys on here whine more than any female i know. come on, get a grip already...if your tired of the game or its not fun, move on and find something else to do... if he didn't want people to speak their minds then he shouldn't have made a whine thread...that is all...
seriously, how many whine threads do you see on here? its just bunch of whiners cryin over spilled milk. move on if u have to move and that is that. it is what it is .......
I fear Betty.

:bolt:
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2010, 06:13:17 PM »

It also takes awhile to get used to the new graphics - at first, I couldn't tell from any further than 50 yards if a town building was up or not.  Like anything else, it took some getting used to.   I'd be surprised if many of the more casual "take territory" players like myself are only just now getting the hang of telling if it's down or not.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »
And it is his first topic on the BBS.

Oakranger, You are so predictable. Nothing worthwhile to add to the topic. Just some comment to show that you were here...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »
For a first one, it's a whopper.  Though, I've always recommended getting some posts under your belt before posting a flame inducing whine thread.

ack-ack

Just what we need. More words of wisdom from Ack-Ack.. Where would Aces High and this bulletin board be without you?

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »
Personally i look forward to AckCracks replys. They are well informed and make me laugh my arse off.  :neener:
Lighten up Francis

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2010, 06:43:27 PM »
Oakranger, You are so predictable. Nothing worthwhile to add to the topic. Just some comment to show that you were here...

And you feel that this contributes to this thread, how????    :headscratch:
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2010, 06:43:58 PM »
Will you ladies and Betty keep the whining down in here and take it outside already?  Big deal, so it takes a well organized effort to quickly take a base, wierder and rarer things have happened in this game on any given night.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.