Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 22115 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #315 on: November 25, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »
Good post. (Although Corky is actually a very good stick)

Corky the thing is, you preach fun fun fun, try to keep things light hearted, yet you have proven that you are completely intolerant of accepting and embracing other sorts of game play that other people find fun.  You want people to enjoy the game as you do, which is fine to a point, but most people do not enjoy that.  You need to come to terms with that.

Good post.  I hope i didnt insult Dan with my comment...it wasn't to demean his skills....he is a very good stick...i should have tried another tact to illustrate my point. :salute
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2010, 11:58:17 AM »
Besides being a jerk....why did you feel compelled to respond???
Seems to me your the one being a jerk.  There is no compulsion to respond.  I simply find your absolutism interesting.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:00:57 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2010, 05:40:08 PM »
I guess...WW II was:

1.  The only limits commanders had were on the troops, equipment and manned aircraft at their disposal (hording)
2.  There was no eny
3.  HOing (I hate it too) was a tactic (Thach weave was predicated on a head on shot and Allied aircraft had bulletproof windscreens installed to support the fact of it being a tactic)
4.  There are no rules in war...is this a flight sim, war game or both?  You have the option to change sides
5.  Troops captured places....period.  Still do.  Troops caused damage...troops eliminated pill boxes, shore batteries, ack, etc.

So?

Hording is a tactic that yields results (and a target rich environment...shhhhh, you don't really die! lol) It shouldn't be limited, halted or condemned.  If the other side was good enough at organizing an attack, the other side needs to get better at defending against it.  I hate it too...but only when I can't get anyone to stop by and help...if you really think about it, that's why it upsets everyone else too....or else you wouldn't see the guy that just squeaked on 200 about a horde, shoot you down while you are defending AGAINST one.

LET THE TROOPS DO DAMAGE!!!  If someone has the testicles to fly multiple C47s into a hot area and drop troops, it should count and they should do damage.  Make them more visible to the side that dropped them so they can monitor their numbers and progress but it should count.  No, I have no idea how to model that in a computer...but if one can model the fair amount of damage that can cause an aircraft carrier to sink, they can certainly model 10 little cartoon men running around with rifles and grenades in a town or on a field.  

I hate hordes......but that is war and when its coordinated, its devastating.  All sides need to consider communicating better and responding more effectively to such coordinated attacks.  Don't change anything for the sake of dying less....its a game and that is just panzyass.
 :salute
Changeup

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #318 on: November 25, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »
Good post. (Although Corky is actually a very good stick)

Corky the thing is, you preach fun fun fun, try to keep things light hearted, yet you have proven that you are completely intolerant of accepting and embracing other sorts of game play that other people find fun.  You want people to enjoy the game as you do, which is fine to a point, but most people do not enjoy that.  You need to come to terms with that.

I don't recall deliberately interfering with anyone's game play ever, unless that includes wading into the horde on numerous occasions.  I manage to find fun in the game anytime I play.  If I have any intolerance, it's for folks never just stopping and enjoying the game and for going out of their way to ruin the fun of others.

Put it back to AH1. Modify it over and over again.  Put it exactly the way the base takers want.   Guess what.  I'll still be chugging around looking for a fight.  Will I embrace 'win the war"?  Nope.  Don't have the time or the inclination.  Will I interfere with someone doing that?  Nope.  Wish I could say the same for those folks who go out of their way to interfere with the way I like to play 'because they can :)

If I want strategy, I'll fly a scenario.  it makes sense then.  But again.  I don't care.  I'm going to have fun regardless.  If it helps your cause to have me stop talking in these threads, I can do that too.  I'm convinced that no matter what HTC does,  it won't satisfy folks.

It's the old line from Moggy in Airwarrior where he said that they could get every body laid, and people would still complain.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2010, 09:40:07 PM »
I guess...WW II was:

1.  The only limits commanders had were on the troops, equipment and manned aircraft at their disposal (hording)
2.  There was no eny
3.  HOing (I hate it too) was a tactic (Thach weave was predicated on a head on shot and Allied aircraft had bulletproof windscreens installed to support the fact of it being a tactic)
4.  There are no rules in war...is this a flight sim, war game or both?  You have the option to change sides
5.  Troops captured places....period.  Still do.  Troops caused damage...troops eliminated pill boxes, shore batteries, ack, etc.

So?

Hording is a tactic that yields results (and a target rich environment...shhhhh, you don't really die! lol) It shouldn't be limited, halted or condemned.  If the other side was good enough at organizing an attack, the other side needs to get better at defending against it.  I hate it too...but only when I can't get anyone to stop by and help...if you really think about it, that's why it upsets everyone else too....or else you wouldn't see the guy that just squeaked on 200 about a horde, shoot you down while you are defending AGAINST one.

LET THE TROOPS DO DAMAGE!!!  If someone has the testicles to fly multiple C47s into a hot area and drop troops, it should count and they should do damage.  Make them more visible to the side that dropped them so they can monitor their numbers and progress but it should count.  No, I have no idea how to model that in a computer...but if one can model the fair amount of damage that can cause an aircraft carrier to sink, they can certainly model 10 little cartoon men running around with rifles and grenades in a town or on a field.  

I hate hordes......but that is war and when its coordinated, its devastating.  All sides need to consider communicating better and responding more effectively to such coordinated attacks.  Don't change anything for the sake of dying less....its a game and that is just panzyass.
Changeup

This is NOT war, it's a game. If it WAS war we wouldn't have to read any more of your posts, because you would be dead.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #320 on: November 25, 2010, 09:41:45 PM »
It's the old line from Moggy in Airwarrior where he said that they could get every body laid, and people would still complain.

My wife is 9 month pregnant, I guarantee I would stop complaining.

As long as the partner isn't male, or Silat.   :devil
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2010, 10:18:35 AM »
This is NOT war, it's a game. If it WAS war we wouldn't have to read any more of your posts, because you would be dead.

I gotta tell ya, that is some smart stuff....very smart! lmao

Its a game based on war...to argue that makes you dull.  If people want to put rules on war for the sake of the game (read: easymode, or whatever you wanna put here that promotes easier gameplay) I think it facilitates the deterioration of the game IMO.  Truthfully, I really dont G A S but I must say your intellectual contribution to the commentary of this thread is sheer brilliance.  I am throbbing with anticipation for your next cranial explosion of mental ju-jitsu.  Creating an end-game, war-winner as others have suggested is a perfect compliment to the game...but to put limits on hordes, raids, etc is unnecessary and rewards whiners.

Keep um comin...lol

V/r

Changeup

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2010, 10:34:02 AM »

Its a game based on war...to argue that makes you dull.  If people want to put rules on war for the sake of the game (read: easymode, or whatever you wanna put here that promotes easier gameplay) I think it facilitates the deterioration of the game IMO.  Truthfully, I really dont G A S but I must say your intellectual contribution to the commentary of this thread is sheer brilliance.  I am throbbing with anticipation for your next cranial explosion of mental ju-jitsu.  Creating an end-game, war-winner as others have suggested is a perfect compliment to the game...but to put limits on hordes, raids, etc is unnecessary and rewards whiners.

Keep um comin...lol

V/r

Changeup

Easy on Fugitive changeup lol. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.   :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2010, 10:45:39 AM »
Easy on Fugitive changeup lol. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.   :)

Understood....I am trying to help him stop humping his own ankle.  If I could hump my own ankle, I'd never leave my house...I guess that's why some commentary here is useless....they should leave the house more often.

Changeup
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:49:22 AM by Changeup »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2010, 10:51:50 AM »
I don't recall deliberately interfering with anyone's game play ever, unless that includes wading into the horde on numerous occasions.  I manage to find fun in the game anytime I play.  If I have any intolerance, it's for folks never just stopping and enjoying the game and for going out of their way to ruin the fun of others.

Absolute fact.  I have flown with/against Corky on many occasions and he typed it like he plays.... :salute

V/r

Changeup

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2010, 11:07:44 AM »

Keep um comin...lol

V/r

Changeup

Ahh wonderful, we have a professor of BS to quote on the boards. Just what we need.

Ok I'll spell it out for those of you who think they know it all. This is a game, I don't care what its based on, or how you feel it should run, the bottom line is it's a game. There are and always will be concession made for game play. After all if everyone really died nobody would be paying their subscription next month and HTC would be out of business.

The stupidity of calling this a war is just plan ridiculous. We do not have the horrors of war, death, torture, the killing of innocents, nor do we have the same limitations of war. In our case there is no cost other than our subscriptions. Everything is free including you next "life". We can not carpet bomb a country into submission because 45 minutes later the towns are back up and whole.

So as seeing as this IS a game, its suppose to be fun, and that means fun for everyone that plays. Furballer, GVer, or landgrabber. Fighting against the horde is NOT fun. While I really don't care how many times I die, it gets frustrating dieing to 7 cons while I'm trying to have fun fighting against one. So while Hordes are a good tactic in war its killing the game because it just isn't fun.

Having an end game.... LOL!!! there are so many "end games" in this game now. There is the end game when you beat a guy 1 vs 1 in an air battle, there are any number of end games for that as in 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3 and so on. There is racking up kills in a GV spawn, the is the breaking of a spawn camp. There is the full round trip to hit Strats in buffs, there is bombing of towns, there is capture of bases either vehicle, airfield, or port all of them being different. And then of course there is the winning of the war, the ultimate rest of the map. All of these "end games" are still here. When I fight Grizz my end game is a bit harder than most of my fights, but I don't just bail out and say "it's not fun any more because Grizz shoots me down" and then expect HTC to change the game to make it more difficult for Grizz to shoot me down.

The stupidity of a post like this thread comes from the stubbornness of people not to adapt. Lets play a different game.... we are playing football, the center hikes the ball the quarter back hands off to the fullback and he runs through the hole the lineman make for a gain of 20 yards. They run this play over and over again marching down the field until the defense changes it's plan. they now expect that move and block the hole and the offense no longer advances. If the offense doesn't change it's plan it would make for a pretty lopsided game don't ya think?

So HTC has changed the plan, Suck it up and learn to adapt. Learn different plays. Or leave. It's your choice.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »
Fighting against the horde is NOT fun.

Dam... I always thought I have fun doing that. Good thing to learn I was wrong.  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2010, 11:21:05 AM »
Ahh wonderful, we have a professor of BS to quote on the boards. Just what we need.

Of all the people to make this accusation! lmfao...it must be tough for you to have some competition.

I, therefore you, is the worst kind negotiation (or motivational tactic).  But the BEST part of your post is when you feel like telling people what YOUR fun is....as a general rule, no one cares what you or anyone else thinks is fun...everyone gets to define "fun" themselves.  If you keep humping your own ankle, its liable to fall off.

Changeup

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2010, 11:59:38 AM »
ahhh but you think its ok to tell everyone how they should be playing...like it is war. I see.

My opinion has always been MY opinion. I don't hide behind the internet, I don't switch sides when I may be on the unfavorable side of the discussion. Funny thing is, for years I've been saying how the NOEs are killing this game and oh look changes have been made so that NOEs are much harder to do, and so are not so common as before. I'm not saying I was the catalyst to get that change made, but I did say...even when it wasn't favorable to say it... that it was hurting the game.

I am saying the same about the hordes, they are not fun ( Lusche your better than that ). I know many people who hate being part of them, due to lack of targets, due to ease of swamping a base, due to ease of capture of a base, no challenge, and from the other side, due to the over whelming numbers to fight against. How many players quick this game due to be hammered by the horde, or by being lost in the horde?

I'm saying the same thing about the lack of give most players have in this game.  Sure I'd love to see the old days back, 100-150 guys flying nothing but fighters going head to head of a single base all night. Unfortunately 150 subscriptions won't pay the bills and HTC has to have more people paying them to do so. So we have many ways to play. That's cool, but if one way dominates play, the other players will leave. Right now the Landgrab guys that wish to avoid fights are dominating. HTC looks to be changing things to even things back up.

Instead of comment on how you think about me posting, maybe you should try a post a bit more on topic.

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #329 on: November 26, 2010, 12:11:35 PM »

(*snip*) Right now the Landgrab guys that wish to avoid fights are dominating. HTC looks to be changing things to even things back up. (*snip*)

Fug... you are correct in that we all have a right to post our opinions.  And, to each their own on the style and manner of play. 

But, I am not sure I agree with your above statement, in that Landgrabbers (in MY opinion) are not looking to dominate the game.  I think that 'land grabbers' / Winz the W@rz are trying to be able to play the game and capture land WITHOUT the NEED for huge mobs to swarm a field.  I am sure there is no doubt that there are some players who absolutely have NO INTEREST in fighting and will always horde-monkey every base and run away at every enemy con.  But I would tend to believe that most land-grabbers would prefer to fight over a base to achieve victory (base capture).  Clearly, I have no empirical data to support this statement and I am not sure that anyone can prove it one way or the other, but I certainly do believe (in my opinion) that it is true.

Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.