Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 22121 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2010, 12:17:45 PM »

Instead of comment on how you think about me posting, maybe you should try a post a bit more on topic.

That is exactly what I did before you made your "I-have-been-here-a-long-time-and-have-the-pulse-of-the-AH-community" comments about being a game, not war.  That is the trouble with the people that just post to hear themselves write...you didn't bother to read my post in the first place.  If you had, you would have seen that I wrote in #4 above...a war GAME.  A war GAME is a game that simulates or is about WAR at the very least.  Again, trying to guilt Lusche for what he finds fun is exceptionally self-indulgent.

If you truly like the aerial fights...fighting a horde promotes that, does it not?  Dying isn't fun...ok, I get that...but you, nor anyone else that plays this game will EVER live forever so get over it.  Hording is a tactic that I hate more than you because I'm not as good at this game as you are...period.  But, I like the fight.  I don't care about my score as some people do....I dont' even understand scoring for the most part but the only reason I can think people avoid the fight, like against a horde, is score.  If that ISNT the reason, why not fight then?  The fight is in the horde sometimes because thats where the enemy is, en masse, so do you like the fight or not?  Like you said, you get a brand new shiny plane.  Or, as you suggested, go fly somewhere else where there are more fair fights.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 12:19:47 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: November 26, 2010, 12:32:22 PM »
That is exactly what I did before you made your "I-have-been-here-a-long-time-and-have-the-pulse-of-the-AH-community" comments about being a game, not war.  That is the trouble with the people that just post to hear themselves write...you didn't bother to read my post in the first place.  If you had, you would have seen that I wrote in #4 above...a war GAME.  A war GAME is a game that simulates or is about WAR at the very least.  Again, trying to guilt Lusche for what he finds fun is exceptionally self-indulgent.

If you truly like the aerial fights...fighting a horde promotes that, does it not?  Dying isn't fun...ok, I get that...but you, nor anyone else that plays this game will EVER live forever so get over it.  Hording is a tactic that I hate more than you because I'm not as good at this game as you are...period.  But, I like the fight.  I don't care about my score as some people do....I dont' even understand scoring for the most part but the only reason I can think people avoid the fight, like against a horde, is score.  If that ISNT the reason, why not fight then?  The fight is in the horde sometimes because thats where the enemy is, en masse, so do you like the fight or not?  Like you said, you get a brand new shiny plane.  Or, as you suggested, go fly somewhere else where there are more fair fights.
Hordes are successful because THEY are organized, and their available opposition is usually not. I dont know of any countries that station 15 guys with La7's in the tower on standby hour after hour keeping watch on the horizon to respond to them. By the time it becomes evident that afore-mentioned whord is inbound to a base, maybe 5 guys are available (assuming they WANT to jump into a 1 on 5 slaughter), and the whord more often than not has its way. Odd that you hate hording...you flew with a squad at DA lake that often outnumbered the rest of the arena, and then joined a huge squad in MA. Without the protective layer of 3-4 guys nearby all the time, ya get a different perspective for this stuff
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 12:33:58 PM by bj229r »
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline delta7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #332 on: November 26, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »
I think we can agree that this is still  a good Game. Lots of fun stuff that you can still do. It is the part of the game that gave alot of people gratification in taking a base and winning the war that's the issue. Gratification has turned into discouragement. Only people that see this are the one's that like to do it. The goal in any game I have ever enjoyed play was winning. Winning or loosing a 1v1 over and over eventually gets stagnate in my opinion. The dueling fan base will always have their element to the game if the war is or isn't ever won.

Seems to me the more elements they are to a game the higher the player base is gonna be.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #333 on: November 26, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »
Hordes are successful because THEY are organized, and their available opposition is usually not. I dont know of any countries that station 15 guys with La7's in the tower on standby hour after hour keeping watch on the horizon to respond to them. By the time it becomes evident that afore-mentioned whord is inbound to a base, maybe 5 guys are available (assuming they WANT to jump into a 1 on 5 slaughter), and the whord more often than not has its way. Odd that you hate hording...you flew with a squad at DA lake that often outnumbered the rest of the arena, and then joined a huge squad in MA. Without the protective layer of 3-4 guys nearby all the time, ya get a different perspective for this stuff

Its not odd...I switched sides often and if you'll recall, I was brand, spankin new to the game at the time and could barely get the plane off the ground much less fly it against anyone that had a weeks worth of experience.   Pardon me for not developing an opinion about tactics as quickly as you would have liked me to.  Now, I rarely go in there for that very reason, but thanks for putting that out there because it has nothing to do with what I said earlier about NOT eliminating the hordes.  If you are going to have a game about war, hordes are a part of war.  I hate the hordes, but they do present a fight....questions about that bj?  Am I clear?  You can ask anyone that has killed me defending AGAINST a horde...they got no whine from me about it....it was my decision to fly into it.  A protective layer??? lmao...the guys in my squad are laughin their tulips off at me most of the time because I DONT wait for them or they listen to me complain about me being the only one there!!  You don't know much....try not to be a noodge.

With regard to the Pigs, as a group, 98% of the time, we defend AGAINST hordes and don't mind doin it..and, the average number of Pigs online is about 10...except for Titanic Tue and then, all bets are off anyway.  I suggest you do a little more homework or at the very least remember things more accurately before you go blowin off your mouth.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 01:02:47 PM by Changeup »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2010, 01:09:21 PM »
ahhh but you think its ok to tell everyone how they should be playing...like it is war. I see.

My opinion has always been MY opinion. I don't hide behind the internet, I don't switch sides when I may be on the unfavorable side of the discussion. Funny thing is, for years I've been saying how the NOEs are killing this game and oh look changes have been made so that NOEs are much harder to do, and so are not so common as before. I'm not saying I was the catalyst to get that change made, but I did say...even when it wasn't favorable to say it... that it was hurting the game.

I am saying the same about the hordes, they are not fun ( Lusche your better than that ). I know many people who hate being part of them, due to lack of targets, due to ease of swamping a base, due to ease of capture of a base, no challenge, and from the other side, due to the over whelming numbers to fight against. How many players quick this game due to be hammered by the horde, or by being lost in the horde?

I'm saying the same thing about the lack of give most players have in this game.  Sure I'd love to see the old days back, 100-150 guys flying nothing but fighters going head to head of a single base all night. Unfortunately 150 subscriptions won't pay the bills and HTC has to have more people paying them to do so. So we have many ways to play. That's cool, but if one way dominates play, the other players will leave. Right now the Landgrab guys that wish to avoid fights are dominating. HTC looks to be changing things to even things back up.

Instead of comment on how you think about me posting, maybe you should try a post a bit more on topic.

NOEs are killing this game???  A bit of an over statement, don't ya think??

I find it absolutley hysterical that guys are trying to make it seem like NOEs were happening incessently all over the maps every day 24/7. We ALL know that is nowhere near the truth.

Most NOEs that I USED to see, were conducted by 8  to 12 guys and were very easily defended against.

If ya got lucky, those same guys would continue to assault the base for quite a while and good fights were had by all.

Those days are now gone.

And of course you always hear the "avoiding fights" comments, which imho are the most hypocritical statements I've ever seen on these boards.

Those statements are probably made by the same guys who bring 190s and 51s to a good CV  battle.

I think that guys in fighters "avoiding fights" are killing this game more than anything else.

Oh wait!! they're not "avoiding fights". They're "flying smart"!! LMAO!!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2010, 01:45:19 PM »
I am saying the same about the hordes, they are not fun ( Lusche your better than that ).

Better than what? I enjoy the horde. I take a full sector bar of red over a single 1v1 anytime.  :)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2010, 01:57:38 PM »
Hordes are successful because THEY are organized,

Hordes by definition are not organised........... hordes are created by swarming instincts of players migrating to their own dar bars........... missions are organised, missions are not hordes.....they are missions.
Ludere Vincere

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2010, 02:10:01 PM »
With regard to the Pigs, as a group, 98% of the time, we defend AGAINST hordes and don't mind doin it..and, the average number of Pigs online is about 10...except for Titanic Tue and then, all bets are off anyway.  I suggest you do a little more homework or at the very least remember things more accurately before you go blowin off your mouth.

lol oh boy that i can atest to, many times while flying around i always keep my map open ( real big monitor so its no big deal to) ill see a town just start to flash i'll bail right away and go check it out, call out the Hordes coming and the Pigs come a running, next thing you know is theres one hella fight going on which can last as long as the Attackers want it to, most Hordes thou when they encounter anything over small resistance they'll go someplace else after you beat them back
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2010, 02:17:44 PM »
most Hordes thou when they encounter anything over small resistance they'll go someplace else after you beat them back

Then they go somewhere else to be beaten back again possibly.

Sounds like "combat" to me. :aok

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »
Then they go somewhere else to be beaten back again possibly.

Sounds like "combat" to me. :aok

Yea we purdy much followed them around that night busted 3 missions, alot of fun, BUT when you don't get the responce from defenders the Horde can just over run a base and upping just to die get's old fast
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #340 on: November 26, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
Yea we purdy much followed them around that night busted 3 missions, alot of fun, BUT when you don't get the responce from defenders the Horde can just over run a base and upping just to die get's old fast

LOL, yup! Ya win some , ya lose some.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2010, 03:11:37 PM »

Seems to me the more elements there are to a game the higher the player base is gonna be.

Not sure of the percentages but I'll take my best guess.

Removing winning the war might account for 10% of AH's player base as important to keep and another reason for HT to try and make it more interesting as Lusche describes in this post. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,300883.0.html

80% would be my guess of those who like to either take or defend bases. Sometimes defend also means mindless furballing... or at least attracts it. If bases become nearly impossible to take,... why put any effort into planning most missions or organizing squads specific to those duties? Just fly around where everyone else gathers will become the norm along with hordes vulching bases repeatedly.

Remove that aspect of the game and many Squads become meaningless to join IMO ...with the exception of Muppet types who care not for base taking, defending or ground action but just flying around aimlessly killing people and increasing their A2A skills.  People who join These types of squads may only account for 10% of AH members.

Another small percentage of people who play here might be considered free lance. Whether in a squad or not they only stop in for a few hours a week looking for quick action. These people don't usually become long term subscribers due to time restraints or develop continued interest....possibly due to the learning curve or lack of friends made. There's nothing to really hold them here.

With the recent changes to the game as described by many of you, it seems AH is taking a more Air combat only or H2H stance on game play here.

They have enough arenas to conduct experiments  and see who's more interested in what.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 03:13:23 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #342 on: November 26, 2010, 03:58:24 PM »
Fug... you are correct in that we all have a right to post our opinions.  And, to each their own on the style and manner of play. 

But, I am not sure I agree with your above statement, in that Landgrabbers (in MY opinion) are not looking to dominate the game.  I think that 'land grabbers' / Winz the W@rz are trying to be able to play the game and capture land WITHOUT the NEED for huge mobs to swarm a field.  I am sure there is no doubt that there are some players who absolutely have NO INTEREST in fighting and will always horde-monkey every base and run away at every enemy con.  But I would tend to believe that most land-grabbers would prefer to fight over a base to achieve victory (base capture).  Clearly, I have no empirical data to support this statement and I am not sure that anyone can prove it one way or the other, but I certainly do believe (in my opinion) that it is true.

:salute

I sorry if it seems I'm lumping in everyone under the "landgrab" tag. The bolded above are those that I speak of and unfortunately they are the types I see more and more.

I don't know how many times I've hear, and seen it said by those in the employee of HTC that this game is about conflict/combat. Anything that that brings forces together and a conflict/combat ensues is good. Anything that causes that NOT to happen is bad.

Porking fuel to 25% caused people not to defend because they would run out of fuel as they got the the base under attack, you can no longer pork fuel that low.

Clearing a field of ack and vulching cause defenders to leave the area of conflict, HTC doubled the number of ack on a field.

NOE's were running rampant (and still are at times, just log on when orange has an "island" map. You can try to follow the "Jokers" around that map as they NOE first one side and then the other of the map.) and HTC lowered the radar to 65 feet. Later increasing it and then lowering it again. Why? to piss people off, or maybe he saw too many NOEs again?

Better than what? I enjoy the horde. I take a full sector bar of red over a single 1v1 anytime.  :)

What I meant was you know me better than that. What I post is MY OPINION. I may suggest to others to try other things, but I never say PLAY MY WAY! As many have said, there are many ways to play this game. When HTC sees an imbalance they make changes. Some time the changes are worst that the imbalance to some, but we all know we as a community can't keep the game fair and fun for all.

Yes I have been here a long time. I'm not saying I've seen everything, but I've seen alot. I post what I think, and what I've heard and read. You don't like, don't read it. There are a number of people that I really don't agree with, but I respect what they have to say. If you look back I've never personally attacked anyone on these boards, unless, like our new "Professor of BS" did, goes at it first.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #343 on: November 26, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »

Yes I have been here a long time. I'm not saying I've seen everything, but I've seen alot. I post what I think, and what I've heard and read. You don't like, don't read it. There are a number of people that I really don't agree with, but I respect what they have to say. If you look back I've never personally attacked anyone on these boards, unless, like our new "Professor of BS" did, goes at it first.

With absolute honesty, that is the biggest load of complete BS I have ever read.  YOU, my friend, made the smartazzed, personal attack after reading MY opinion.  Now, that is an unprovoked personal attack, like it or not, agree with it or not....but don't act like you didn't do it.

And I quote, "This is NOT war, it's a game. If it WAS war we wouldn't have to read any more of your posts, because you would be dead".  That certainly doesn't sound like someone that respects what others have to say.  Its truly meaningless except for the fact that I don't really want anyone else buying what your selling with regard to how you view your good nature.  Good day to you sir.

V/r

Changeup

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 04:33:26 PM by Changeup »

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #344 on: November 26, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »
Fug- It took me a while to see it myself, but you and several others have called it spot on for a long time now and you were all right.  

I would not want to imagine how bad it would have been without the changes in effect, even with the challenges in place it only dampens the effects.  HT keep doing what your doing.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."