Author Topic: FSO December: Adventure in the Dodecenes (1943)  (Read 1470 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: FSO December: Adventure in the Dodecenes (1943)
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 11:29:17 AM »
Oh, I agree and if you are most likely right that if I don't put a minimum number on it that the Axis would just use Ju88s and the Allies just use B26s.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 08:27:41 PM »
Dodecene-1 (C12) is a colourless liquid. It is a combustible liquid and vapour.  It is not 12 Greek Islands.

It would be adventurous to swim or play in dodecene, just not fun.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:30:33 PM by Dantoo »
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 08:29:14 PM »
double post
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 06:05:42 AM »
Yes, yes my lacking of spelling skills strike again. :)

Adventure in the Dodecanese.
CM Terrain Team

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 08:44:32 PM »
Why the hell do the Allies get Italian airplanes? Please tell me this is either a sick joke or am I actually that historically uninformed.

Hopefully typo

perdweeb
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 08:53:40 PM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »
Because when Italy surrendered in 1943 quite a few Italian units went over to the Allied side. The Italian Air force split in two at the armistice. The Royalist "Italian Co-Belligerent Air Force" (Aviazione Cobelligerante Italiana, or ACI) fought for the Allied forces. The Fascist "National Republican Air Force" (Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana, or ANR) continued to fight for the Axis. Historically the Italian forces in Greece and Dodacenes switched over to the Allied side and the Italian garrisons in the Dodacenes fought the Germans unsuccessfully. While the Germans already had a plan in place on mainland Greece and disarmed the Italian Garrisons quickly before they could do anything.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:00:05 PM by ghostdancer »
CM Terrain Team

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 08:57:25 PM »
Ok, lame.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Der Jude

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 10:18:38 AM »
Because when Italy surrendered in 1943 quite a few Italian units went over to the Allied side. The Italian Air force split in two at the armistice. The Royalist "Italian Co-Belligerent Air Force" (Aviazione Cobelligerante Italiana, or ACI) fought for the Allied forces. The Fascist "National Republican Air Force" (Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana, or ANR) continued to fight for the Axis. Historically the Italian forces in Greece and Dodacenes switched over to the Allied side and the Italian garrisons in the Dodacenes fought the Germans unsuccessfully. While the Germans already had a plan in place on mainland Greece and disarmed the Italian Garrisons quickly before they could do anything.

if you let my squad go allied this FSO, i garuntee we will be banned for shooting down friendlies in our C2's. those italians might have sold out but we wont. <S> slimebag spy unit and Boris :banana:
Game ID: Judisch
Kommando Nowotny - Nowotny Schwarm "White 19"
Til Schweiger Fan Club
ZLA- "Dont Focke Wulf Us!"
Malta Scenario - Comrade Jew

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 10:22:15 AM »
LOL.

Well I toyed with the idea of having the Italians as a third country and then letting them choose who they allied with or not on a squad level. ;)

Then I came to my senses and realized the havoc that would cause for game balance, even if that is historically what happened.
CM Terrain Team

Offline Der Jude

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 10:58:46 AM »
LOL.

Well I toyed with the idea of having the Italians as a third country and then letting them choose who they allied with or not on a squad level. ;)

Then I came to my senses and realized the havoc that would cause for game balance, even if that is historically what happened.

its kidna weird dude. i mean one day theyre shooting down spitfires and the next theyre helping shoot down g2's? if i was italian id be pissed
Game ID: Judisch
Kommando Nowotny - Nowotny Schwarm "White 19"
Til Schweiger Fan Club
ZLA- "Dont Focke Wulf Us!"
Malta Scenario - Comrade Jew

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 11:08:27 AM »
From historical accounts I have read it was very weird for the pilots. Then again Italy did the same in World War I switching from one side to another. The difference this time is basically they broke into two camps. The Royalist camp who worked with the Allies and the Facist camp who stayed with the Axis. Also remember public opinion on many Italians really swung against the Germans and Mussolini by this stage of the war as the Sicily was invaded and conquered and then Italy was invaded and became the front line.

The Royalist air force operated in the Balkans, while the Facists operated in Northern Italy and the Baltic sea. The allies made sure that the Royalist Italians never faced off against the Facist Italians for fears of what would happen.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:25:42 AM by ghostdancer »
CM Terrain Team