Author Topic: RADAR?  (Read 4002 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: New Old Radar Settings
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »
Why are you messin with the radar so much?  Leave it at the original settings of 500 ft.  These settings are like the old 8 player game where noobs always messed with the radar.
 It sucks!!!! :furious   

Wasp3

With logic such as this, I'm sure HiTech will jump right on it.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Re: RADAR?
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 01:26:47 PM »
the thing is with dar bar being at 500 and dot dar being at 65 it works well..
 NOw the dot AND dar,even over firendly bases is 65...NOE's will not happen with this set-up,and NONE will capture a base unless base is totally unattended..

sometimes an NOE is the only thing that will allow a team to move anywhere.I.e. baltic map this weekend..bish getting hit from both sides hard with no respite.It would of been nice to run an NOE out of one of our 7 or so fields we had left to try and sneak one back..

Before the 65 dar across the board,NOE's didnt even come close to taking bases as they did before the 65dot/enemy dar change..

The towns have made it more difficult,although possible..now with dar being 65 even over friendlys,will be pretty much impossible.No chance to break out of any double teaming by other sides..this doesnt go only for bish it goes for all sides,and if it stays the same,then you too will be the party getting knocked around like there is no tommorrow with not a big chance for offence,as you will be on defense the whole time...

Need to adjust DAR BAR back up..I dont like furballing constantly,and I am sure others dont either..

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »
loth,,it is 65 feet darbar across the board..not just DOT dar in enemy ring..

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 02:06:15 PM »
loth,,it is 65 feet darbar across the board..not just DOT dar in enemy ring..
simple... how low can you go falc? :aok tween the trees we go! :lol im fine with the radar settings. never really cared much for it unless im mass NOEing. though rarely were mass NOEs done in real life anyways. i prefer the tactical 3-4 man crew hitting the deck to do something important like porking etc.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 02:38:55 PM »
Wasp is probably angry because he can't get his horde under 65 feet.  :lol
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 02:46:16 PM »
Wasp is probably angry because he can't get his horde under 65 feet.  :lol

possible, we did kill his NOE bomber raid yesterday at a GV base when there was a slight flash of a DAR, it was a massacre, wirbles surprising bombers at less than 100ft off the deck  one set tried to pull up hard but he died to   :rofl :rofl
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 03:58:53 PM »
 :rofl
-AoM-

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 04:00:27 PM »
  They don't have radar that good today!!!

visit 123 Sesame Street, then come back and tell us what you've learned.

-AoM-

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 04:34:43 PM »
LOLOL    :lol

Take a look of those who post to care less that the radar is now set at a technological norm that not only did not exist in WWII in any theater of operations--but wasn't even refined enough for that at the start of the Vietnam Escalation at the Second Gulf of Tonkin Incident, 19 years after the end of WWII----are ALL.....

Wait for it..........

FURBALLERS.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »
 :x
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:50:28 PM by IrishOne »
-AoM-

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »

possible, we did kill his NOE bomber raid yesterday at a GV base when there was a slight flash of a DAR, it was a massacre, wirbles surprising bombers at less than 100ft off the deck  one set tried to pull up hard but he died to   :rofl :rofl

:rofl
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 04:48:45 PM »
well,if we dont want to furball,there are always gv's Rox.. <S>

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 05:07:42 PM »
I just realized something.  Without these threads, I'd be completely oblivious to the changes in the radar.  I'm not trying to be a smartarse either.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 05:30:28 PM »
I just realized something.  Without these threads, I'd be completely oblivious to the changes in the radar.  I'm not trying to be a smartarse either.

Good, then I'm not the only one here who reads these threads and thinks "The radar was adjusted?  *shrug*".
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2010, 05:59:28 PM »
What people like ROX fail to realize (probably because they have no idea about making games) is that certain concessions have to made for the sake of game play, radar being one of those concessions to game play.  The 'dar bars are there to help players locate the action, just like how it was with the 'dar bars in AW.  In WB, they had little arrows that would point to the nearest action, all in the name of game play to help facilitate the player in finding some action.  The 'dar hard deck (65ft) is also a game play concession due to the fact that it became the norm for hord NOE attacks as a way for those taking part to capture a base quickly and without very little to no fighting.  HiTech made this game play change based on his own observations and not as a result from player feedback. 

Also, in real life both sides would routinely fly NOE missions at tree top or below tree top level in order to stay out of radar.  One of the more successful Luftwaffe raids during the BoB was done by a special squadron of Bf 110s that flew 50ft off the water across the channel and tree top level over Britain took a major RAF airfield out of the action for a large part of the BoB.

One more thing, ROX in a previous post mentioned something about the radar at Pearl Harbor and alluded to the fact that it didn't "detect" the oncoming Japanese raid.  He was incorrect about this (not surprised) and utterly failed to take into account or completely ignored the fact that the USAAC radar at Pearl did detect the oncoming Japanese raid but the radar operators and their superiors mistook the Japanese planes for an incoming flight of B-17s. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song