Author Topic: RADAR?  (Read 4070 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: RADAR?
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2010, 06:50:10 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE17BAfekuQ&feature=player_embedded  :D
I put this on squad forum priceless.  " I did not ask for a suicide plan. I must've recruited you straight off  the short bus!" :rofl
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 07:02:05 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2010, 08:26:14 PM »
Incorrect.  NOE missions over land are still possible but it does take a steady hand and some skill to keep your plane below the 65ft limit.  After the radar change, I made a film of me flying a B-25H from one of my bases to an enemy V base a sector away.  I flew the entire route to the target NOE, having to be really careful in picking my route to minimize any pop ups to avoid obsticles.  Popped up to a couple of thousand feet when the target was in sight, took out the acks, radar, troops and dropped back down to below tree top level.  By this time the enemy had a fighter up above looking for me but I was able to avoid detection by keeping NOE all the way back again.

The reason why NOEs aren't popular anymore is that it's no longer just a matter of leveling out at 200ft and kicking in the auto-pilot to the target, now you have to actually fly by the seat of your pants and sadly, the majority of players lack basic flight maneuver skills to perform such a task.

ack-ack

Show us the film Ack-Ack

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2010, 01:52:32 PM »
ack,you are so wrong..THE ONLY time one can "KICK BACK" and hit AP is when going over water,thats it..PLENTY of NOE's happen over land,and one cannot just hit AP and kick back...

Before the radar changes when the radar detection height was higher, all one had to do was level at 200mph and hit auto-pilot and cruise all the way to the target provided the NOE raid isn't detected or bounced.  Don't tell me it wasn't possible as I used to do it myself, long before you started playing.

and you did this without using F3 mode??? if you did I want to see film...

I'll dig it up but since I don't rename my files may take a few days to find it.

It is NOT easy for the general playing crowd who may want to join with a group of people and get to have some banter along the way...

You can still chat while flying NOE currently or preventing you from having your 'friendly banter' especially if you're using vox.  But I understand what you're saying...you want things reverted back to how it was because currently, it's far too hard and probably above what meager skills you have to fly NOE.  I get it, no need to explain any further.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2010, 04:09:34 PM »
Wait, why do you need NOE missions? you can already park a CV 1/4 mile from a coastal airfield and force the grossly outnumbered defenders on the deck while the attackers can constantly hide in ack, what more do you want, whats next?

The basis of your whine is that you guys wanna game the game and one avenue has been plugged. HTC said the games idea is to promote and encounter combat.

next time try

up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-'b'-'a'
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2010, 04:21:37 PM »
Just as funny the second time. HiTech needs to stick it on the front page.lol :salute

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »
Incorrect.  NOE missions over land are still possible but it does take a steady hand and some skill to keep your plane below the 65ft limit.  After the radar change, I made a film of me flying a B-25H from one of my bases to an enemy V base a sector away.  I flew the entire route to the target NOE, having to be really careful in picking my route to minimize any pop ups to avoid obsticles.  Popped up to a couple of thousand feet when the target was in sight, took out the acks, radar, troops and dropped back down to below tree top level.  By this time the enemy had a fighter up above looking for me but I was able to avoid detection by keeping NOE all the way back again.

The reason why NOEs aren't popular anymore is that it's no longer just a matter of leveling out at 200ft and kicking in the auto-pilot to the target, now you have to actually fly by the seat of your pants and sadly, the majority of players lack basic flight maneuver skills to perform such a task.

ack-ack

NOE at 65ft is not possible over hill and dale when screamin' at full throttle in a Mossi, Typhoon, or other such aircraft meant for such low level raids. 

Since skuzzy posted in the servers that the radar is at 250ft universal (as of Mon/Tues Nov 29th/30th), I've taken 110's, Mossi's, and Tiff's deep into enemy territory just for fun and to puch my limits of "piloting", if you will.  Likewise, I've seen a number of enemy missions make use of teh 250ft more as well.  I've also caught a few NOE's who failed to pay close attention to the terrain and dart above 250ft for a second or 2.  Chasing them down and finding them is as much fun as it is shooting them down.  :)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2010, 04:49:26 PM »
NOE at 65ft is not possible over hill and dale when screamin' at full throttle in a Mossi, Typhoon, or other such aircraft meant for such low level raids. 

You obviously didn't read my post very well, if at all.  If you had, you would notice that I pointed out that with the 65ft limit you had to choose your route carefully to minimize having to pop up above radar.  That would include picking a route that doesn't include climbing over a hill or mountain.

ack-ack

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2010, 06:20:49 PM »
akak, do you think you could fly a p38 to an enemy base, over typical terrain, without breaking 65ft?  Not saying you can't, but consider it a challenge.  Film would be nice too if you attempt it.    :aok

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »
We all know lord ack ack watermelon don't stink but....

65 FT. is to low if the mission is over land.  POINT blank...

Can it be done? yes

Should every pilot who just plays for fun have to have keen plane control to go do a mission if thats their version of fun? no

150Ft would do well...just high enough to skim above trees.

I am not a NOE partaker very often but alot of people really enjoy them...and I really enjoy busting them up.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2010, 06:50:08 PM »
akak, do you think you could fly a p38 to an enemy base, over typical terrain, without breaking 65ft?  Not saying you can't, but consider it a challenge.  Film would be nice too if you attempt it.    :aok

I've done it in a B-25H like I mentioned in a previous post.  If you had bothered to read that post, you would have seen the part I mentioned of having to pick my route carefully to avoid unnecessary pop ups over terrain and objects, even if it meant the possibility of having to fly around hills and mountains and take and extended route to my target.

Was it a cake walk? By no means nor have I said anything to the contrary, it takes a steady hand and probably the only time you'll really fly by the seat of your pants in this game but it's doable.

Like I said, I do have a film of the B-25H flight I described but as I mentioned I don't rename the films and will take a couple of days to go through the films to find it.  Once I find it, I'll post it.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:52:26 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2010, 06:51:37 PM »
forum fart resulting in double post.

ack-ack

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2010, 06:53:26 PM »
I've done it in a B-25H like I mentioned in a previous post.  If you had bothered to read that post, you would have seen the part I mentioned of having to pick my route carefully to avoid unnecessary pop ups over terrain and objects, even if it meant the possibility of having to fly around hills and mountains and take and extended route to my target.

Was it a cake walk? By no means nor have I said anything to the contrary, it takes a steady hand and probably the only time you'll really fly by the seat of your pants in this game but it's doable.

Like I said, I do have a film of the B-25H flight I described but as I mentioned I don't rename the films and will take a couple of days to go through the films to find it.  Once I find it, I'll post it.

ack-ack

"Planning routes"  :rofl

Yeah that sounds fun.

Pls post the film though when you find it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »
"Planning routes"  :rofl

Yeah that sounds fun.

It was a fun sortie for me, and isn't that what counts?  Or should I be like the rest and whine and cry about how tough the game has gotten and post a myriad of temper tantrum threads to get it changed so it's easy again?

Frankly, it's not the designer's game direction that is actually getting me to consider moving on, it's the direction the majority want to dumb the game down to.

ack-ack

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2010, 07:12:34 PM »

It was a fun sortie for me, and isn't that what counts?  Or should I be like the rest and whine and cry about how tough the game has gotten and post a myriad of temper tantrum threads to get it changed so it's easy again?

Frankly, it's not the designer's game direction that is actually getting me to consider moving on, it's the direction the majority want to dumb the game down to.

ack-ack

I'm not a genius, but I think Hitech would prefer 2 easy moder's $15/mo over 1 experten AKAK's $15/mo.  Just sayin.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2010, 07:17:19 PM »
I'm not a genius, but I think Hitech would prefer 2 easy moder's $15/mo over 1 experten AKAK's $15/mo.  Just sayin.

I'm sure he would and my comment about what is making me thinking of moving on was nothing more than just expressing why I'm thinking of quitting AH.  Nothing more, nothing less...unlike the tools that post "FIX IT OR I QUIT!" threads.

ack-ack