Author Topic: Bomber Guns  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
Bomber Guns
« on: November 22, 2010, 10:56:48 AM »
Bomber's defensive guns should be enabled the moment you spawn and after you land to keep vulchers at bay to some extent. I don't see why fighters can fifr from the ground and bombers cant :headscratch:

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Bomber Guns
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 11:11:44 AM »
They used to be and it was changed, I forget why it was now but I don't think we'll be seeing it anytime soon. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:15:42 AM »

I think it was changed because peeps would spawn bombers and use them for field defence

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »
It was disabled before I began playing AH, but given the problems in "that other sim" with ackstars I suspect that it's very likely to prevent people from launching them simply as a stationary gun platform to shoot at attacking fighters.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 11:28:03 AM »
Park them next to the maproom when the maprooms were on the air base.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »
Hey man, not with the intent of hijacking, merely not starting a similar thread on the theme....

Convergence settings should be enabled for bomber guns. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 11:37:40 AM »
Hey man, not with the intent of hijacking, merely not starting a similar thread on the theme....

A bombers guns are in-line at each position... no correction necessary. If your thinking all gun positions to one point... that was not available on the buffs.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 11:56:26 AM »
I don't see why fighters can fifr from the ground and bombers cant :headscratch:

Because you can't move a fighter's guns around, but can move them on bombers.  Who's going to fly in front of you at the right angle for you to kill them while sitting in a fighter? 
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 12:03:35 PM »
Who's going to fly in front of you at the right angle for you to kill them while sitting in a fighter? 
:noid :bolt:
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 12:13:10 PM »
I've killed many a would be vulcher coming down the runway for a HO shot while newly spawned or on ground roll. 110s, Hurris, Il2s and B-25s have a pretty good chance against this attack, doesn't happen often.  

If that's the case, of map room camping with bombers when the m.r. was on the field, shouldn't it be revisited now? Even if bombers were used for airfield defense that should be acceptable. Bombers on the runway would still be very vulnerable.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 12:50:17 PM »
A bombers guns are in-line at each position... no correction necessary. If your thinking all gun positions to one point... that was not available on the buffs.

So, they track the same point, regardless of range?  How would the know the range at the object they are shooting at, does the system automatically adjust the convergence of the guns relative to the actual range of it?   It looks to me like sometimes they are very dispersed at range and very tight in close. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »

You have a spread of maybe 2 foot maximum in a turret mount.  Disregarding the vast
majority of defensive positions that are single guns, how much dispersion do you really get?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »
If you take off from an other base other than the one that is being capped.........solved.  :cool:
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 02:23:28 PM »
Because you can't move a fighter's guns around, but can move them on bombers.  Who's going to fly in front of you at the right angle for you to kill them while sitting in a fighter? 
Spawned a K4 otr a while back, niki coming down the field, fired a short tater burst and down he went. Chewie it was.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 01:49:58 AM »
I want to work bombers on ground spawn the B25 gun  the h*!! out of the bish spawn shoting us i am (or if youd rather was) getting sick of it or set it so planes that kill more then three guys on the runway just go poof dead   :D
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P