Author Topic: LOL if you switch countries, no wonder you're not in a squad!  (Read 1377 times)

Offline newz

• Copper Member
LOL if you switch countries, no wonder you're not in a squad!
« on: November 23, 2010, 05:50:23 PM »
First I'd like to say that this is a great game. I'm very glad HTC put this product out and are continuing to support it.

To some of the name calling rooks who wanted to know who the f newz was, when I defended switching countries on country channel.....
i'm a 5 year vet who has done and seen it all in this game.

I'm not currently in a squad and haven't been for some time because of several reasons.........

1. I like to jump from hot spot to hot spot. Even bailing out,(oh my, there goes my fighter score) from a ride when there's not much happening locally.

2. I have no desire to be in a group of green guys circling a field waiting to gang the 1 brave soul who wants to up and fight.

3. I have no fear of dieing in my cartoon ride and will fight against bad odds each and every sortie.(believe it or not this attitude has helped me plenty)
    I may not win in a 3v1 often but I can hold my own very well now.

You know it's funny. I happened to to show up at a field where someone had broadcast on range that "CV6 needs help". Sure enough those who wanted to call
me a moron for switching countries, were there in droves. Seriously there must have been at least
a 7 to 1 advantage for green. How a field, that has a 7 to 1 advantage for attackers, needs help, is beyond me.

I fight hard for what ever country I'm flying for and all you name calling twits can feel free to invite me to the DA anytime you think you want to teach me a lesson.  :devil
For most of you I'm afraid, you'll have to break out of the "I only fight from an advantage" mentality to give me a good fight.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:55:05 PM by newz »
Addicted since tour 62.
Formerly "soupkaan", "soupcan", "LTARsoup", "LTARnewz", "Kamito", "newz"

"ENY is the price of admission for your "loyalty"".-Soulyss

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: LOL if you switch countries, no wonder you're not in a squad!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 05:55:23 PM »
Newz defending fields in his IL2  :aok :aok  Good times!!

<S> sir

Mbailey
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 06:03:04 PM »
First I'd like to say that this is a great game. I'm very glad HTC put this product out and are continuing to support it.

To some of the name calling rooks who wanted to know who the f newz was, when I defended switching countries on country channel.....

I'm not currently in a squad and haven't been for some time because of several reasons.........

1. I like to jump from hot spot to hot spot. Even bailing out,(oh my, there goes my fighter score) from a ride when there's not much happening locally.

2. I have no desire to be in a group of green guys circling a field waiting to gang the 1 brave soul who wants to up and fight.

3. I have no fear of dieing in my cartoon ride and will fight against bad odds each and every sortie.(believe it or not this attitude has helped me plenty)

You know it's funny. I happened to to show up at a field where someone had broadcast on range that "CV6 needs help". Sure enough those who wanted to call
me a moron for switching countries, were there in droves. Seriously there must have been at least
a 7 to 1 advantage for green. How a field, that has a 7 to 1 advantage for attackers, needs help, is beyond me.

I fight hard for what ever country I'm flying for and all you name calling twits can feel free to invite me to the DA anytime you think you want to teach me a lesson.  :devil
For most of you I'm afraid, you'll have to break out of the "I only fight from an advantage" mentality to give me a good fight.

Ignore those that give you grief for switching countries, they just don't have a clue.  When I used to fly in the MW arena, I would regularly switch to fly on the low numbers side and quite a few didn't agree with that and would get upset and accuse me of padding my score, etc.  However, when it was their side with the low numbers and I switched to that side, those same people an hour ago giving me grief were now my best friends for life and were tripping over themselves to wing with me.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »
LOL.  I'm the CO of a squad, and switch all the time.  I practice 1,2 and 3 every damn night.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 06:52:05 PM »
Switch as much as you like.  :aok
Makes the game way more fun, you meet and make more friends, and best of all you really upset the (insert country) till I die types. :banana:
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 07:09:52 PM »

:aok

This attitude will make you stand out from a lot of other players. It will make you a much more dangerous foe also.  :cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline newz

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »
:aok :aok  Good times!!
Good times indeed.
No better base defender imo
Lord help ya if the wheels go up. :D
<S>sir

Ignore those that give you grief for switching countries
For the most part I try to. I have no stats to back it up but I'm pretty sure most "country jumpers"
do not give out any "intell" secrets.

I practice 1,2 and 3 every damn night.

Perhaps you'd be willing to take on an a6m pretend pilot so I wouldn't have to "suffer the shame"
of not being in a squad. :x

Addicted since tour 62.
Formerly "soupkaan", "soupcan", "LTARsoup", "LTARnewz", "Kamito", "newz"

"ENY is the price of admission for your "loyalty"".-Soulyss

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 08:21:33 PM »
I read the topic and was gonna give you a text lashing.......damn now I cant .......wait yes I can im on the intardnett and no one knows who I am......HOW DARE YOU JUMP COUNTRIES DONT YOU KNOW YOU MUST BE LOYAL TO ONE CHESS PIECE....ITS GUYS LIKE YOU RUINING THIS GAME..........#7#4@21&%**#-4~

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 08:33:58 PM »

switching countries doesn't mean you can't be in a squad. i can't begin to tell ya how many times i've been shot down by squaddies. we almost always go to the low numbers side........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 08:36:17 PM »
Ignore those that give you grief for switching countries, they just don't have a clue.  When I used to fly in the MW arena, I would regularly switch to fly on the low numbers side and quite a few didn't agree with that and would get upset and accuse me of padding my score, etc.  However, when it was their side with the low numbers and I switched to that side, those same people an hour ago giving me grief were now my best friends for life and were tripping over themselves to wing with me.

ack-ack

I switch sides in EW and MW all the time to balance sides, wow have i taken some heat from a certain Bish squad that flies mostly MW.
I guess because I started out as a Bish but I soon got tired of rolling undefended or low numbered sides.
Been called traitor, side switcher and some other names.  I guess I just do  not understand the fun
of taking an undefended base then giving each other WTG's. In fact it is quite comical.  :x 
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 08:54:08 PM »
I switch when i wanna fly with whoever i wanna. ditto goes for my squaddies  :rock
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 09:13:05 PM »
But who really thinks its cool when you get shot down by some dude who 3 minutes earlier was just next to you attacking that base. 

Not that I really care,  but my post count is weak...
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 09:47:16 PM »
I consider the night a success when a squaddie logs in and asked what country I'm on and I have to pause and look it up. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »
LOL
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 09:56:35 PM »
I consider the night a success when a squaddie logs in and asked what country I'm on and I have to pause and look it up. :)

He speaks the truth.  Many nights it's a complex problem to figure out which country we can all go to, as someone generally will have already switched and can't switch back for a bit.

I generally couldn't tell you what country I'm flying for after I log on, unless I look at the roster and see if other 80th folks are on.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters