Author Topic: dog attacks  (Read 1055 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: dog attacks
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 12:10:03 PM »
Ok sometimes I like to ride my bike when I'm traveling short distances or just for exercise, but it seems almost once a week somebodies loose dog ends up chasing me or trying to bite me. One time I called animal control, but the dogs were gone by time they arrived. Another time I was riding my bike and a dog came running at me from between some parked cars. I got some distance and watched it just sitting in the driveway, I went to the front door to talk to the people but they never answered the door, instead I hear them on the side of the house quickly open the garage door and let the dog in. The third time I got chased by a Rottweiler and got away. I asked a lady walking up the street if she knew who's dog it was and she replied "I'm not sure but they let there dog run loose often, so I just avoid that area". I say "thats BS! people shouldn't have to avoid a street because some jag bag let's there dog run wild whenever."

So what would you do?

oh and I've gone alternate routes to avoid dogs and I don't think I should really have to drive my car just because people let dogs run wild.

So you got bit?

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: dog attacks
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 01:41:38 AM »
I was walking my dog today, and out of nowhere came this stray Chow. He took one look at us and charged, teeth showing, growling like some kinda hell dog. Bad career move for him. My dog bit him in the neck and would not let go. I was literally holding his back legs off the ground trying to get him to release, but it took a good minute or so. It reminded me of the mark twain short story about his fighting dog that would never let go. The other dog was big too, I'd say at least 90 pounds. My dogs only a year and a half Pit-bull mix who's had valley fever for the last 6 months so he's real skinny.
 My dog is up to date with all his shots, but we still took him to the vet just in case. I'm not sure what happened to the other dog, but he was bleeding pretty bad and hobbled off. If I didn't have my dog with me, who knows how bad i would've be bit. From now on I'm taking a key chain mace can just in case.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:20:40 AM by sunfan1121 »
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.