Author Topic: How do you 'Fly Aces High II' ??  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How do you 'Fly Aces High II' ??
« on: November 25, 2010, 06:34:36 PM »
How do you like to play this great game? What do you like to do and find fun in the game?

For me, I like to help take bases. FH's need to be dropped? I'll do that. GV's near or in town? I'll kill them. Nobody's bringing troops? I'll bring them. I like to do the stuff that is most needed to help capture a base, because who doesn't love that feeling when the text buffer tells everyone the base you've all worked so hard to take has been taken?

I also love to fly to live. Every sortie I fly, I plan on returning back to base alive; with or without kills. I love going out into a fight in my plane, getting a few kills, and then coming back home alive (though I don't enjoy the massive furballs and stay clear of them and Titanic Tuesday). I love the small fights where, after a few sorties, you know who will be piloting that 109K4 before you even get into the fight or get the kill. I have so much more fun going into a fight, getting shot up, and making it back to base alive with no kills than going into a fight, getting 6 kills, and then dieing. I always get really REALLY annoyed when I die, especially if it's because I did something I should have known better to do. Even in the most fun fights, once I die it really takes all my urge to takeoff again away and I log off for a few hours. It's not as bad if I die in a great 1 on 1 fight to a really great stick though (I always give those guys a  :salute )

So what do you like to do most in AHII?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: How do you 'Fly Aces High II' ??
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »
How do you like to play this great game? What do you like to do and find fun in the game?

For me, I like to help take bases. FH's need to be dropped? I'll do that. GV's near or in town? I'll kill them. Nobody's bringing troops? I'll bring them. I like to do the stuff that is most needed to help capture a base, because who doesn't love that feeling when the text buffer tells everyone the base you've all worked so hard to take has been taken?

I also love to fly to live. Every sortie I fly, I plan on returning back to base alive; with or without kills. I love going out into a fight in my plane, getting a few kills, and then coming back home alive (though I don't enjoy the massive furballs and stay clear of them and Titanic Tuesday). I love the small fights where, after a few sorties, you know who will be piloting that 109K4 before you even get into the fight or get the kill. I have so much more fun going into a fight, getting shot up, and making it back to base alive with no kills than going into a fight, getting 6 kills, and then dieing. I always get really REALLY annoyed when I die, especially if it's because I did something I should have known better to do. Even in the most fun fights, once I die it really takes all my urge to takeoff again away and I log off for a few hours. It's not as bad if I die in a great 1 on 1 fight to a really great stick though (I always give those guys a  :salute )

Hate tanking, love bombing gv's, vulching, killing buffs in262's going to the DA to 1v1, talk with squadies, and fly a p38
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 07:19:14 PM »
It all depends on my BAC but FSO is the main thing for me, other than that I just go with the flow.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:40:53 PM »
I like defending against CV attacks.  Quick low alt fights.

I also used to like defending against Noes for the same reason.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 08:28:25 PM »
I do whatever strikes me as fun when I log in.  Being an AVA guy if there's nobody on I find something silly to do until the numbers come up.  Then I do what I can to even out the sides, try new rides, and die spectacularly.  FSO's with my squad I spend time working on knowing the mission and the platform and trying as hard as I can to at least live.

Quite frankly I love WWII aviation history and the insight I get from not only the game but the myriad of people who have really studied it and post about it would be enough for me to be happy.  But honestly the reason I still play this game is the people who are in and around it.  I've been all over the US and all over the net and I've never met a finer group of people. 

That's what makes it fun for me.   
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 09:41:52 PM »
Fight Kill Die

Sometimes I pretend i'm a commercial airline pilot that went through a time warp and just watch people fight kill die.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 10:06:41 PM »
Im like you Latrobe in that, no matter what the sortie, I plan on returning alive. I like to put that realism on myself that "this is my only life" kinda thing, and that there isnt 1000+ more of these in the hangar, why bother? even when there is.

I love Dogfighting, GVing, and scenarios. Other than that, you will rarely see me "take a base". If friendlies are in the area trying to then yeah, my fighter support role is for them, making sure the goon doesnt get killed etc. or defend a base.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »
FYI it's just "Aces High" now. I like everything in Aces High, the fighter missions and the attack missions. The variety of targets is nice too.  :D

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 11:02:52 PM »
How do you 'Fly Aces High II' ??

Need you ask? :D

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 11:09:13 PM »
Go fast and kill :aok

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »
I like to fly. In Aces High.

Guess that sums it up for me.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 11:29:38 PM »
Out looking for a good fight.  Never had much interest in the GV side or winning the war.  Air to Air is what I enjoy
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Void

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 11:32:22 PM »
I like to do everything. If I do one thing again and again I will get bored real easily.
I like to go on runs and get as many kills I can And rearm and do it again. And I also like to bomb with really big bombs. (400lb and 1800kg) :D
In Game name: Namco

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 11:34:52 PM »

Have fun.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 11:48:30 PM »
It varies each time however, I do enjoy flying bombers to hit the Capital.  I don't do it for perks or to land damage, I simply do it because it is fun and will hurt a country if hit enough times. :devil  I do find it quite rare to find people willing to hit the Capital enough times to make it hurt though.  Most will up once, MAYBE twice with me.  But almost everyone does not stick around for the "long haul".  It takes time and repeated bomb runs to hurt the Capital.

Last night was an extremely rare treat for me though, as 2 others in the squad I fly with stayed and kept working the Knight Capital with me.  The 71 RAF routed us 3 or 4 times, but that only made it more fun. You probably thought we had given up when we actually decided to take a break.  We had been launching continuous strikes against it well before you guys routed us.  I really wasn't feeling well and my gunnery showed that. :lol  I barely did anything to you guys.  Still had fun and shot a couple of you guys down.  I liked how you attacked with those Mossy's.  That was a blast. :salute  Maybe next time, I'll provide a better bit of gunning. :devil  We had chosen that same path each time you guys routed us, because we figured you'd be there to intercept.  It reminded me of that demo that played in Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe. :lol  We kept getting blasted just before target, except once.  One of us DID make it to target and got his bombs off, though he didn't make it home.  Either way, it was a blast. :salute
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.