Author Topic: Superfetch?  (Read 412 times)

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
Superfetch?
« on: November 27, 2010, 07:53:14 PM »
YA or NA ?
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Superfetch?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 08:34:12 PM »
Superfetch is more of a positive than it is a negative IMO. Turning it off wont hurt but the benefits that you gain from Superfetch will go away if its off (obviously). So if you feel like you want it off then I suggest you use something like AlacrityPC to turn it off when you start AH and to turn it back on when AH closes (but of course you will have to set up AlacrityPC properly yourself).

Its related technology "ReadyBoost" is something I feel completely the opposite about. I use a lot of security fobs in different roles and I have noticed ReadyBoost causes a conflict with them until it gets configured properly. I prefer to have ReadyBoost off myself.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »
I think it's machine dependent on a case by case basis. While some people report that Superfetch can hammer your systems performance during game play, on my system I found that disabling it seemed to cause the system to be stuttery during game play.   So I think you're likely to have to try it both ways.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 05:21:36 PM »
thanks for the info guys.... :aok....you know ive learned more about computers from playing this game than i ever did before...great bunch of guys here ....<S>
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM