Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 5221 times)

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
Re: We need YOUR help and a warning to all flying this Thanks Giving...
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2010, 02:20:19 PM »
I'm under the impression you have to go thru the Scanner, the "opt" out is the personal massage body search

It's the opposite, you can opt out of the scan, and get the frisking instead.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2010, 03:02:57 PM »
It's the opposite, you can opt out of the scan, and get the frisking instead.

i think that's what i said,  you have to go thru the scanner the "opt" out of the scanner, is the full body massage.... as far as Private companies doing the same Job, they have to follow the guildlines set fourth by the TSA ( Da Gov)
if they have no scanners at that Airport then your going to be guaranteed a body massage from a friendly security guard, people are so Paranoid to the point of EVEYONE has to Prove there NOT a terrorist to board and fly a plane into America or even within its own States, Sad....

:noid  :noid  :noid
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2010, 05:44:42 PM »
i think that's what i said,  you have to go thru the scanner the "opt" out of the scanner, is the full body massage.... as far as Private companies doing the same Job, they have to follow the guildlines set fourth by the TSA ( Da Gov)
if they have no scanners at that Airport then your going to be guaranteed a body massage from a friendly security guard, people are so Paranoid to the point of EVEYONE has to Prove there NOT a terrorist to board and fly a plane into America or even within its own States, Sad....

:noid  :noid  :noid

I guess I misunderstood the problem then.  People don't want to go through the scanner, and they dont wan't want the frisking?  Heh.  They also do not want racial or any profiling, they want everyone treated the same. 
Good luck with this one gents
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2010, 05:54:12 PM »
They have a new employee working for the TSA. It doesn't pay as much as his old job, but he gets certain 'perks'.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »
I have solved the problem.

First Muslim only flights.

Second all other flights security checkpoint merely requires consumption of a piece of streaky bacon before boarding.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2010, 04:19:04 PM »
uummmm...........

I should clarify, soma from Brave New World, not the real muscle relaxant (great name though).
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2010, 04:31:27 PM »
well....seems like the sheep have spoken, and we're stuck with this crap.........guess i won't be visiting my brother anymore....or at least not till i have enough time off to drive to florida and back.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2010, 05:07:51 PM »
(NaturalNews) Anticipating a nationwide grassroots surge of protests against naked body scanners and aggressive pat-downs, the TSA simply turned off its naked body scanners on Wednesday and let air travelers walk right through security checkpoints without being X-rayed or molested.

All across the country, air travelers are reporting that the TSA simply deactivated the naked body scanners and let people go right through without a scan. "Backscatter scanners are off. No scan. No patdown." reported a traveler from the Seattle airport. "Backscatter machines aren't being used at LAX," reported another traveler. "They're all roped off."

Much the same story is being reported all across the country.

http://www.naturalnews.com/030509_TSA_opt_out_day.html

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2010, 05:25:16 PM »
Wow, the TSA was so worried about the possible problems caused by a mass opt out day that they shut the scanners down.  :rofl So much for them being required for the safety of airline travelers.  I can't wait to see what kind of numbers the airlines lost to people just staying home or driving to their relatives.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2010, 06:48:56 AM »
I should clarify, soma from Brave New World, not the real muscle relaxant (great name though).

Been watching and waiting for the Bokanovsky process to become implemented.     :noid

If you need me, I'll be at the New Mexico Savage Reservation. :rock

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2010, 06:54:08 AM »
well....seems like the sheep have spoken, and we're stuck with this crap.........guess i won't be visiting my brother anymore....or at least not till i have enough time off to drive to florida and back.

Come help me get this Bearhawk finished and you are welcome to use it, anytime  :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2010, 03:49:22 PM »
A private sector company would NOT have to use the scanners.  There are a few airports who don't use TSA.  I believe one on in San Francisco has never used TSA at all.

Nope, SF airport was frisking and massaging all (100%) passengers last week (Monday) when my 65-year old mother passed through... they don't have the scanners (I don't know if they're still otw or if this is the result of them opting to use a private company, under TSA supervision and mandates, that doesn't have to use scanners but now has to frisk all passengers).  It was security personel, doing pretty agressive frisks, under the supervision of a TSA employee and a professional third-party legal observer.  On the first flight she took up there, LAX was a similar deal except some terminals in LAX have the scanners (I observed the busier international terminals had them... I guess flights departing this country out over the pacific ocean, filled with more foreign citizens than US, are more of a security threat than the domestic flights heading inland or up the coast filled mostly with US citizens.....  :huh  :confused: ) and other terminals don't, resulting in the terminal my mother's flight was departing from being one of the terminals without a scanner and mandating all passengers get "the frisk" by TSA employees, again under the supervision of a professional third-party legal observer (as if the ordeal wasn't any more obviously rediculous and over-intrusive, they're paying some pretty pennies for these legal observers at each checkpoint around the nation).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.