Author Topic: OK BBS warriors. "Fix" the game....  (Read 8353 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: OK BBS warriors. "Fix" the game....
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2010, 03:57:41 PM »
hmmm.. I was flying through heavy clouds and low fog just last night
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2010, 03:58:26 PM »
Well... I was going to post something that I thought would be funny.... but then had this idea.

Folks have been asking for weather... how about whenever the combatants in one area reaches a certain number the weather starts to deteriorate.

I don't know...  just an idea. I hate posting in Corky's threads as it usually means peeling more potatoes.

I vote for dense fog over all airfields that extends to the range of the ack.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2010, 04:05:32 PM »
I think that there needs to be portals for aircraft so it doesn't take so long to get places. Make it more like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or Call of Duty Black Ops.

Also....I would eliminate the pts based system and create individual based levels of play. A higher level equates to more options for vehicles or planes. There should also be options to equip your airplane/vehicle with additional stuff to help in killing. Of course each option would have a counter. Basically...this game needs to be like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, but with a WWII theme and NO KIDS.

Another thing I would like to see is the option to have this game integrate with other games. I heard a rumor a few years ago that mentioned tying this game into a ground soldier based first person shooter. I think that's a great idea. I would even go one step further in adding a virtual life concept in which we could create communities much like those of 'The Sims'. We could develop families with mothers fathers and children who would eventually grow up and go fight wars (virtually speaking).

If all of these things come true, which I'm pretty sure of, it would make this game the best game to ever grace this planet.

That's my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:07:12 PM by TwentyFo »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2010, 04:07:28 PM »
I think that there needs to be portals for aircraft so it doesn't take so long to get places. Make it more like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or Call of Duty Black Ops.

Also....I would eliminate the pts based system and create individual based levels of play. A higher level equates to more options for vehicles or planes. There should also be options to equip your airplane/vehicle with additional stuff to help in killing. Of course each option would have a counter. Basically...this game needs to be like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, but with a WWII theme and NO KIDS.

Another thing I would like to see is the option to have this game integrate with other games. I heard a rumor a few years ago that mentioned tying this game into a ground soldier based first person shooter. I think that's a great idea. I would even go one step further in adding a virtual life concept in which we could create communities much like those of 'The Sims'. We could develop families with mothers fathers and children who would eventually grow up and go fight wars (virtually speaking).

If all of these things come true, which I'm pretty sure of, it would make this game the best game to ever grace this planet.

That's my 2 cents.

:lol

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »
Sorry if this has already been suggested as I only had a chance to read the first couple of pages.

I think going to 2 countries vs. 3 would be of benefit for everyone. For the furballers, this means that everyone playing will be engaging 100% of the possible target pool. With three countries, each side is missing out on 33% of the possible participants. I think that's why tank island and fighter town was/is so popular. Everyone is so close in proximity that it virtually allows a player to engage 100% of the total possible adversary set.

For the base capture guys, it allows for more possible participants to add to the horde and you possibly can go from a base capture to a huge fight potential.

The only decision left then is which country to eliminate. I say you start from the outside of the chess board and work in... Sorry rooks.  :neener:

HTC has tested 2,3,4,and 5 sided games and 3 works best according to them. I don't think you'll ever see a 2 sided game.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2010, 04:31:32 PM »
Well... I was going to post something that I thought would be funny.... but then had this idea.

Folks have been asking for weather... how about whenever the combatants in one area reaches a certain number the weather starts to deteriorate.

I don't know...  just an idea. I hate posting in Corky's threads as it usually means peeling more potatoes.

go to the ava. heavy weather in there. if ya want wind added, i'm sure that can happen too. and you'd be absolutely amazed at what wind can do to you in a turnfight.

it's kinda funny.......people ask for night time, weather, wind, more realisitc and/or moving clouds.......there is one arena where it all exists at one point or another, yet those same people asking for these things won't go there and give it a try.  :noid
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:33:30 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #171 on: December 01, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »
go to the ava. heavy weather in there. if ya want wind added, i'm sure that can happen too. and you'd be absolutely amazed at what wind can do to you in a turnfight.

it's kinda funny.......people ask for night time, weather, wind, more realisitc and/or moving clouds.......there is one arena where it all exists at one point or another, yet those same people asking for these things won't go there and give it a try.  :noid

I've flown in weather :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »
I've flown in weather :D

i know. just tryin to get you guys in there more.  :devil :angel: :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2010, 05:34:46 PM »
The other day I crushed my keyboard with my fists because I got shot down again.  The "enter" key was stuck.  The game wouldn't work like that.  After my wife got done yelling at me, I got a screw driver and got the "enter" key unstuck. 

I fixed the game. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »
The other day I crushed my keyboard with my fists because I got shot down again.  The "enter" key was stuck.  The game wouldn't work like that.  After my wife got done yelling at me, I got a screw driver and got the "enter" key unstuck. 

I fixed the game. 

woohoo!! wtg.  :aok :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"