Author Topic: Channel 200..the most active political forum on the internet..  (Read 3878 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Channel 200..the most active political forum on the internet..
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 12:58:28 PM »
Fixed

Don't blame us, blame it on the dancing banana

:banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 01:23:46 PM »
Does .Squelch only apply to VOX?

No..

.squelch name           is for text
.vsquelch name         is for vox

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 01:29:50 PM »
No..

.squelch name           is for text
.vsquelch name         is for vox

Perfect so no one need tell the [adjective]s to shut up, just squelch them. Get it? It's not a choice of 200 or nothing, you can leave 200 on and squelch just the [adjective]s.

Who is John Galt?

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 01:47:17 PM »

:rolleyes:

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 01:50:59 PM »
Thank god for .report!

Oh wait... dang....  :uhoh

.report das snail  :)
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 02:14:52 PM »
No, Vinkman, it squelches both text and Vox.

mir
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 02:32:29 PM »
Please I am begging..stop talking about politics on 200.

Don't go into MW arena then.  There is a player in there that when you shoot him down, he goes into a political tirade on open channel on how the person that just shot him down is a commie liberal Obama supporter and then goes off on a political rant.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 02:40:14 PM »
Don't go into MW arena then.  There is a player in there that when you shoot him down, he goes into a political tirade on open channel on how the person that just shot him down is a commie liberal Obama supporter and then goes off on a political rant.

ack-ack

lol, nice, so we have...
1) cartoon pile-lots who blames the game for sucking
2) cartoon pile-lots who blames the other player for sucking
3) cartoon pile-lots who blames Obama for sucking

Alright from now on, I'm blaming the Easter bunny on my failures....

fluff'n easter bunny!!

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 02:48:55 PM »
lol, nice, so we have...
1) cartoon pile-lots who blames the game for sucking
2) cartoon pile-lots who blames the other player for sucking
3) cartoon pile-lots who blames Obama for sucking

Alright from now on, I'm blaming the Easter bunny on my failures....

fluffluff'n easter bunny!!

But then you're getting into religion!   :lol
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 02:49:06 PM »
Please I am begging..stop talking about politics on 200. I really dont't care to be "educated" about your views. I come to this game to get away from it. People tell me to detune...but why should i detune? It is constant ...every damn night. I love this game, and I like to banter with people about game topics and talk a little game related trash too. The political talk is disgusting and always degrades into the equivalent of neanderthals having a contest of who can grunt the loudest. I know it was banned on 200 long ago but it has never been enforced. I notice when the political talk starts...everyone else who was talking stops, and it disrupts the whole flow of the game. In the past, it wasn't such a big deal because it didn't happen so much. Now its the SAME people EVERY night. I have been playing for years, and it has never been this bad....probably a sign of the times, but the game is supposed to be an escape..not a soap box for people who obviously are not listened to by anyone in their real life. There are countless forums devoted to this sort of "debate". This game should not be one of them.

This HAS to also include political:  Conspiracy theories, financial meltdown theories, 9-11 Inside-job-by-the-government theories, Iraqi Invasion Conspiracies, Illuminati (9 guys who run the world) and any other fodder that YOU thinks he got on the internet...(because if its on the internet it MUST be true).  Yes, I have participated in it out of frustration that this person might unduly influence weak minds.  That will stop as of tonight.

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »
I personally like political and religious discussing on 200 in particular.  These guys are my peer group and it is great to see how everyone feels.

Ya know What I hate on 200.  Is updating everyone on football/basketball scores...  Or type/cheering for them.  I do not want to here about "your team" (like you're gonna get a commission from it) why should I have to listen to sports talk...?  Oh wait I know...  Because I effing tune to 200... lol

I don't wanna hear about your religion or political views...see how that works?  Talk to your peers on the phone.

Changeup

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 02:55:40 PM »
as far as 200 goes, I dont even tune it.  There is too much banter on country as it is, allow 200 to cross the text bar is close to overload for me.   :eek:

There are 2 things brothers should not ever speak of for obvious reasons:  politics and religion.  In fact, those 2 subjects are near forbidden to be brought up in Masonic Lodges.  I do admit, it is nice to be able to go to Lodge and not have to worry about the "real" world BS.  

With that being said, I enjoy discussing politics (and religion to a lessor degree) with people who have an open mind.  Having a degree in Political Science has given me far more insight into the "sausages" of political theory than most people, and yes that includes even those people in which we elect.  Knowing how and why people think the way they do helps me to engage them and be the best devil's advocate a person can be.   ;)  

One of my favorite quotes of all time is from Otto von Bismark: "There are 2 things the public should never see: the making of sausages and the making of laws."   :aok

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »

ack-ack

I had no idea my father-in-law was playing this game!

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »
Conspiracy theories, financial meltdown theories, 9-11 Inside-job-by-the-government theories, Iraqi Invasion Conspiracies, Illuminati

you forgot the Reptile People. or did you just miss them out as part of a coverup?  :noid
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »
you forgot the Reptile People. or did you just miss them out as part of a coverup?  :noid

My bad...FIXED..they are running what again?