Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 13015 times)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2010, 06:37:23 AM »
My apologies if VMPR when he was playing was a better flyer, but then so was Lev, Drex and a few others. 

ack-ack

but would you prove that that still rings true against the Grizz of today?

Grizz has made huge leaps forward in both his basic ACM BFM skillz and his ability to read the fight and his opponent and his aim is beyond discussion or doubt, in the last couple of years, so the Grizz of their time is not the Grizz that stands before the forum today. compound that further by all of the changes and improvements made to the graphics and flight modeling of the game and those who have not been continually playing have been left far behind those who didnt leave the game and have kept their skillz current to the game.

so to imply that those of a time gone by are better than someone who has become as formidable a foe as Grizz has is rediculous and unsupportable. its like trying to say that the Dallas Cowboys of the late 70's early 80's could easily beat the N.E. Pats of today, there is just no way to support the argument.

i do not say this because Grizz is a Muppet, i would say almost the same if you were discussing the skillz of ToneyJoey, making comparissons across the span of time is rediculous and completely unsupportable. who is to say for certain that VMPR could have adapted to the changes and still retained the same skill level he previously held?

if you want to compare Grizz to someone then put up the challenge and compare his skill at playing this game to yours after the duel is done. your a good stick ack-ack, if Grizz is as untalented as you infer then you shouldnt worry abouting pitting your skill against his.

unless, that is, your afraid of having to eat your words and high horsed attitude in this forum should he beat you.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2010, 09:36:35 AM »
but would you prove that that still rings true against the Grizz of today?

Grizz has made huge leaps forward in both his basic ACM BFM skillz and his ability to read the fight and his opponent and his aim is beyond discussion or doubt, in the last couple of years, so the Grizz of their time is not the Grizz that stands before the forum today. compound that further by all of the changes and improvements made to the graphics and flight modeling of the game and those who have not been continually playing have been left far behind those who didnt leave the game and have kept their skillz current to the game.

so to imply that those of a time gone by are better than someone who has become as formidable a foe as Grizz has is rediculous and unsupportable. its like trying to say that the Dallas Cowboys of the late 70's early 80's could easily beat the N.E. Pats of today, there is just no way to support the argument.

i do not say this because Grizz is a Muppet, i would say almost the same if you were discussing the skillz of ToneyJoey, making comparissons across the span of time is rediculous and completely unsupportable. who is to say for certain that VMPR could have adapted to the changes and still retained the same skill level he previously held?

if you want to compare Grizz to someone then put up the challenge and compare his skill at playing this game to yours after the duel is done. your a good stick ack-ack, if Grizz is as untalented as you infer then you shouldnt worry abouting pitting your skill against his.

unless, that is, your afraid of having to eat your words and high horsed attitude in this forum should he beat you.

:lol  Don't get mad at the gods  :old:  Consider this.  They were the first to become good.  Sure 10 years latter a lot of other guys got good by watching, learning and copying what the gods did.  But, it is 10 years too late.  Just because the gods took a break it does not mean you should disrespect them.  :old:  One more time, they got good fast and first.  10 years latter any one can run their mouth vs some nubes.

I hope they forgive you  :(

Its like the first guy to invent electricity.  He was first.  Then some Grizz comes in and flips a switch, the lights come on and you say that "Look, that guy was not that good, Grizz can make light too"  :rofl :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:42:30 AM by dedalos »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »
:lol  Don't get mad at the gods  :old:  Consider this.  They were the first to become good.  Sure 10 years latter a lot of other guys got good by watching, learning and copying what the gods did.  But, it is 10 years too late.  Just because the gods took a break it does not mean you should disrespect them.  :old:  One more time, they got good fast and first.  10 years latter any one can run their mouth vs some nubes.

I hope they forgive you  :(

Ded no sacralidge here!

they were the first and the finest of their days...when their altars were worshipped upon they were filled with the offerings of the newbs sacrificed upon it for the graces of greater knowledge and glory....but that was in their days.

to try to pit their skillz of yesteryear against Grizz's skillz of today is unfair to both parties and one or the other will not get a fair showing.

Grizz may have learned lessons from the knowledge first obtained and left behind by the lords of the cartoon air ways teachings, but i am pretty certain that in todays age they would learn at least a few tricks from Grizz and his one shot one kill sniper aproach.

i am only saying that they each have their time to shine and it isnt fair to anyone to smother them in the shadow of another, especially when its merely the memory of another.

would you compare the Model A to the Mustang? they both have their time and they both had their place, grive them each the credit for their accomplishments that they have earned.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2010, 10:14:31 AM »

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

<-------head explodes

It means if player A is better than Player B, and Player B is Better than Player C, Than Player A is better than player C.
Who is John Galt?

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »
I see nothing but this becoming a 262 furball at 40K, just to wind down towards the earth in a spiral of canon fire  :joystick:
Sounds AWESOME!  soo....when shall this "unperking grace period" take into effect?   :devil   :rock :rock :rock
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2010, 10:38:31 AM »
It is the towns. You can see that statistically. The number of captures per played hours had been very stable for years. The moment the new towns were introduced this number radically changed. Which is no wonder, as it takes much more effort to kill more buildings (which also means the time frame for a successful capture is much smaller), it's more difficult to see if all are down, and of course it's much easier for a small number of defenders to hold a town.

The knowhow, respectively the attitude of the players doesn't change that drastically from one tour to the next one.

With the next release we will be making some adjustments for this. The new town release was never meant to be harder to capture.

HiTech

Just sayin.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2010, 10:42:42 AM »
Shuffler loves the electric cattle prod his rancher uses:)

:neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2010, 10:47:09 AM »
Ded no sacralidge here!

they were the first and the finest of their days...when their altars were worshipped upon they were filled with the offerings of the newbs sacrificed upon it for the graces of greater knowledge and glory....but that was in their days.

to try to pit their skillz of yesteryear against Grizz's skillz of today is unfair to both parties and one or the other will not get a fair showing.

Grizz may have learned lessons from the knowledge first obtained and left behind by the lords of the cartoon air ways teachings, but i am pretty certain that in todays age they would learn at least a few tricks from Grizz and his one shot one kill sniper aproach.

i am only saying that they each have their time to shine and it isnt fair to anyone to smother them in the shadow of another, especially when its merely the memory of another.

would you compare the Model A to the Mustang? they both have their time and they both had their place, grive them each the credit for their accomplishments that they have earned.

So you are suggesting that in fact Grizz is the second coming? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2010, 10:52:44 AM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: December 08, 2010, 11:03:28 AM »
Ded no sacralidge here!

lol, I know, I am just playing  :lol  But, I have fought both in their good days and in their rusty days.  They are definitely  not model A to be compared to the mustang.  They may be a bit rusty but they do have a lot more experience and the rust can go away in a few weeks.  And if that tatter misses, experience will have the advantage.

Look at is as a Mustang that has been in the hangar for a bit but has seen years of battle Vs a mustang right out of the factory.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »
And if that tatter misses, experience will have the advantage.

Due to experience, that tater don't miss.  :cheers:

But in all seriousness this thread has been derailed.  There are plenty of pilots that give me a run for my money and even a few that are better on any given sunday.  Kazaa, JoeyTony, batfinkv, sunsfan, kappa, (few others maybe), can all beat me up on any given sunday. 

You all ever hear of Wetrat? Old school muppet that used to go 50/50 with Leviathn yet is hardly remembered.  Food for thought.

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2010, 11:18:58 AM »
You all ever hear of Wetrat? Old school muppet that used to go 50/50 with Leviathn yet is hardly remembered.  Food for thought.
That SpitV was quite deadly, kinda scary to be in the same area with Leviathn when he was in that thing, even when he was friendly   :uhoh
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2010, 12:19:51 PM »
Due to experience, that tater don't miss.  :cheers:

But in all seriousness this thread has been derailed.  There are plenty of pilots that give me a run for my money and even a few that are better on any given sunday.  Kazaa, JoeyTony, batfinkv, sunsfan, kappa, (few others maybe), can all beat me up on any given sunday.  

You all ever hear of Wetrat? Old school muppet that used to go 50/50 with Leviathn yet is hardly remembered.  Food for thought.

:rofl  Not the wetrat I know.  You seem to forget a few others on your list lol
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:22:03 PM by dedalos »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2010, 12:30:21 PM »
:rofl  Not the wetrat I know.  You seem to forget a few others on your list lol

I said a few others.  If I was making a list of people that can kill me it would be quite large and you would be on it, but I was actually referring to those that can consistently give me a run for my money or flat out beat me in a decent sized sample set of duels.  Maybe you have been practicing and want another shot?   :D

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2010, 12:34:45 PM »

Anyone up for fishing?  This sure is some good BAIT.   :rofl
<<S>> SWkiljoy