Author Topic: seperate arenas for just gv action  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: seperate arenas for just gv action
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 09:21:45 AM »
yea mean these guys??

(Image removed from quote.)

have a friendly air con there to help with the fun police

thank you sir

my sinuses need a good cleansing

now I have to wash the refuse and gatorade off of my shirt

:rofl :rofl :rofl
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 09:27:58 AM »
how about a arena just for gv's no aircraft? some people including myself are getting tierd of being bombed all the time. spawns are so far from anything it's a waste of time to drive all that way just to get killed.not all of us can fly that good so gv's are more of our thing..  just my thought but me personaly would love to see it!!!

:aok    I think this could be a good idea

Alternatively, maybe taking the airbases off the GV island that sits in the middle of some of the maps.
Who is John Galt?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 09:44:21 AM »
It never going to happen. This is a game of conflict, the more there is the better it is. So while you may not like getting bombs dropped on your head...much like the buff guys hate fighters shooting them down over the HQ, or the fighter guys hate getting vulched on take-off. Suck it up. Either bring a friend to cover you in a wirble, or learn to shoot on the run. A moving target is much harder to hit even WITH bombs.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 10:04:29 AM »
Guarantee the next time Trinity shows up, none of these posters will be in TT
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 10:07:40 AM »
Guarantee the next time Trinity shows up, none of these posters will be in TT

This is the sad truth.  :(
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DangerousGame

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 11:28:56 AM »
Guys have been asking for a gv arena  for years and I don't see why you all shouldn't have one ?

After all the 4 guys that fly WWI Dogfight had too arena's until a few months ago.  :lol
DG51 =Pony Express=

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 12:36:38 PM »
I agree, however I think a map specifically tailored for GV battling would need to be developed. Something like taking a map with a TT in it and removing many of the air bases, but leave some for air support. Maybe adding a few small towns and strats here and there to battle in. I would add some more forest areas to liven it up a little so you don't end up with battles made of long distance sniping.

You could even replace TT with city and strat areas, sort of an urban combat type map where you are driving through destroyable cities where the goal is to navigate to the opposing sides HQ and "capture or destroy" it. Scatter a few capturable Vbases within the towns and separate towns with fields and forests to add to the realism of traversing through a country. Can something like this be made using the terrain editor?? :salute :cheers:

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »
I love these guys that say you should just bring Wurbles with you to a GV fight to fight off bomb tards. I like this idea. Nothing better gives away someones position on the ground than the tracers from a Wurble shooting up into the sky..

I think that each map should have Three un-capturable bases formed as tank town. I notice that this is not the case currently in LW Orange. As of yesterday, I believe the Rooks own all of that real estate.

Some will say that nobody goes to tank town anymore. I used to go there a lot until the bomb tards started using it for practice and to pad scores. Because of this, I never go there anymore..

Doesn't this go back to the idea of decent game play. If there is a tank battle going on that clearly is not any type of a base taking mission. Why ruin their fun by coming in to drop on them? I have only been playing this game for about two years. And in just that amount of time, I have seen the standards of game play for a few people. Just read channel 200 for 1 hour, and you will see how some of them conduct themselves in the game. I often forget that most of those guys are adults.

I personally, will not bomb tanks that are clearly in a fun battle and not base taking. I will not ruin other players having a good time just to get a few easy kills..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:46:16 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 12:51:15 PM »

Some will say that nobody goes to tank town anymore. I used to go there a lot until the bomb tards started using it for practice and to pad scores. Because of this, I never go there anymore..

We DO have a tank town, that largely is - and always has been - free from interference by planes. It's there each time Trinity is up. A perfect place, with several bases per side and a lot of spawns, so that you can easily break any camping. Shieled by 20k walls.

Nobody is there, and nobody was there since Trinity was put back into rotation about 1 1/2 years ago.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 12:59:27 PM »
The dueling arena has a great area for uninterrupted tanking.  It's always empty though.  (Is that where tank klub used to meet?)
With the MA comes the fun of uncertainty, but with that uncertainty, comes the chance of getting a dose of bitter medicine.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 01:05:14 PM »
Having low cloud cover over a tanking area might work, along with disabling ord and cannon birds at nearby airfields.
Lighten up Francis

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »
The dueling arena has a great area for uninterrupted tanking.  It's always empty though.  (Is that where tank klub used to meet?)
With the MA comes the fun of uncertainty, but with that uncertainty, comes the chance of getting a dose of bitter medicine.

Grizz, I agree with you, However should there not be an unwritten code of conduct on how players play the game? Why ruin the game play of GV guys who are clearly not base taking and only having a fair GV battle?

The GV guys do not want to go to the DA, just like the furballers want to furball in the MA. I think alot of this has to do with scores.

Many guys mention Trinity. How often is Trinity being used in the MA's?

Some guys like to say that this is a Air Combat Simulation Game and GV's do not count. I think that GV's have become even more integral to the game after the latest upgrade to the new town and base layouts. I think any GV camping or moving on a base is fair game for bombs. Either way, I think fwdscout started a useful discussion on the topic and there hasnt been any usual flaming thus far. :salute
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 01:27:15 PM by sky25 »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 01:23:02 PM »

Quite often. Until recently, it was up 1 week every month.

And completely empty, despite being mostly free from bombing planes (and being in the middle of MA, having scores)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »
Grizz, I agree with you, However should there not be an unwritten code of conduct on how players play the game? Why ruin the game play of GV guys who are clearly not base taking and only having a fair GV battle?

The GV guys do not want to go to the DA, just like the furballers want to furball in the MA. I think alot of this has to do with scores.

Some guys like to say that this is a Air Combat Simulation Game and GV's do not count. I think that GV's have become even more integral to the game after the latest upgrade to the new town and base layouts. I think any GV camping or moving on a base is fair game for bombs. Either way, I think fwdscout started a useful discussion on the topic and there hasnt been any usual flaming thus far. :salute

You give the enemy too much credit, if they see a bunch of enemy GV's they probably just assume they are trying to advance the base, so they go bomb them.  A more savvy vet might be able to ignore the tank skirmish but a less experienced player is just trying to find something to blow up, nothing wrong with that.  I feel that the stance you are taking with this quote is very hypocritical to the way that you and your ilk enjoy the game.  I have nothing against it, infact I love defending against it, but it sounds like you are trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 04:55:14 PM »
  I feel that the stance you are taking with this quote is very hypocritical to the way that you and your ilk enjoy the game.  I have nothing against it, in fact I love defending against it, but it sounds like you are trying to have your cake and eat it too.

It is clear that you consider anyone that does not have the same philosophy about the game as you do hypocritical. I realize that you would prefer that everyone up in planes instead of GV's so that you and your Ilk can pick them off one by one to pad the scores.

I think you are mistaken when you said that I like to have my cake and eat it to. Never have I said that it is wrong to bomb GV's. I only said that I consider it bad game play to do it to GV's that are clearly not advancing on bases such as a tank town type setting..

Every player has an opinion. Is it hypocritical because it is not the same opinion as you hold on the subject?  :salute