Author Topic: Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.  (Read 6876 times)

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Re: Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »

just responding to the original topic by Vinkman

"Of course the usual disclaimers apply. I'm not talking about tanks trying to take a base, and I'm talking about tanks camping a spawn. Those deserve a good bombing. But to fly out to the open spaces where tanks are trying to stalk each other and fight it out and drop bombs on a defenseless enemy who has invested his time in having a tank battle, makes you a jerk"

I've gone to the DA and had great tank battles.

I need to pay closer attention to what I am reading.

Still, if I see a tank and I am heavy, I'm probably going to pound it anyway.

RTR
The Damned

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 09:58:56 PM »
Yes because there's always so many people GV'ing in there  :rolleyes:
Everyone is already in the MA and when needed can leave the GV battle to help elsewhere. If we have to go off to another arena, we obviously wouldn't be able to help in the MA.

lol Take some friends with you and have a good time. The original poster was talking about just having good ole tank battles without it being ruined by bomb****s with no base taking involved. At least that was the way I took it.

Oh I will bomb them also given a chance.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:01:18 PM by flatiron1 »

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 10:15:54 PM »
I've GV'd for years. love it... i know how frustrating it is for get a P47 to kill you after you finally sit down in town and cover the HQ... and personally i say that it was my team's fault for not being able to shoot down the 47 with AN AIRCRAFT!!! :rofl

ONE THING... If you are in a GV, GET A PLANE TO COVER UR BUTT!!! :rofl :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 10:16:54 PM »
Well. Evidently I'm no better than a 2 weeker. Fine by me, but I will only hit a GV 4/5 times if that. I still have trouble at times... Although being in a formation of bombers doesn't help.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 11:05:09 PM »
You are camping a spawn point and complaining about getting killed by an aircraft?

Okee doke. :aok

LOL

RTR

And you got the idea I was camping a spawn point from where?  :rolleyes:
Read the whole post next time. <S>
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 11:10:16 PM »
vinkman.. does IL2 / HurriD count as lame also?  :rolleyes:

I cant even remember the last tank I bombed.. I quite enjoy killing them with IL2 37mm though.. 

if we aren't supposed to kill tanks with the AP guns on the IL2 and Hurricane D, wtf are they supposed to be used for?

I'll say no they not lame for the reason g that the gun run for an effective 37/40mm kill on a tank with those planes is pretty shallow. I have a fighting chance to kill you with the main gun, so you are putting yourself at risk to make the kill. There is sportmanship in that.

The bomb****s run no risk of dying, that's what makes it unsportsman like, and hence  lame in a game, that is played for fun. It's not fun if the opponent doesn't have a chance.

<S>
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 11:16:53 PM »

just responding to the original topic by Vinkman

"Of course the usual disclaimers apply. I'm not talking about tanks trying to take a base, and I'm talking about tanks camping a spawn. Those deserve a good bombing. But to fly out to the open spaces where tanks are trying to stalk each other and fight it out and drop bombs on a defenseless enemy who has invested his time in having a tank battle, makes you a jerk"

I've gone to the DA and had great tank battles.

Yes I hear you flatiron <S>, but arranged fights aren't always easy to set up. Most folks want to stay in the MA. Just asking for a little courtesy from folks is all.
Who is John Galt?

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 03:40:14 AM »
I have seen too many gv'ers (some included in this thread) camping runways, vulching planes.  For that reason alone, I will never feel bad about dropping bombs on tanks.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 03:42:42 AM »
. does IL2 / HurriD count as lame also?  :rolleyes:

The Hurri D is the Gentleman's way to hunt tanks... the Il-2 with 37mm... not so much ;)

I'll say no they not lame for the reason g that the gun run for an effective 37/40mm kill on a tank with those planes is pretty shallow.

Quite the opposite. The effective angle is pretty steep. They should  not be able to track you with the main gun at all.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:26:34 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 03:45:10 AM »
I'll say no they not lame for the reason g that the gun run for an effective 37/40mm kill on a tank with those planes is pretty shallow. I have a fighting chance to kill you with the main gun, so you are putting yourself at risk to make the kill. There is sportmanship in that.

The bombers run no risk of dying, that's what makes it unsportsman like, and hence  lame in a game, that is played for fun. It's not fun if the opponent doesn't have a chance.

<S>

If you are ever able to kill a hurri D or an IL-2 with the main gun they are doing something wrong :P
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 06:55:03 AM »
No contest but if you haven't got anything to shoot me down with
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, 06:59:17 AM »
Look. Game is based off of WW2. In WW2 tanks were bombed. Stop whining.

Kassill out.

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2010, 07:58:51 AM »
The Hurri D is the Gentleman's way to hunt tanks... the Il-2 with 37mm... not so much ;)

Yes! Right-o! You have taken a shot at me, therefore I get to take the next volley, see?! Yes, yes.

The Hurri is very difficult, especially when you shoot once, the sight isn't where it was originally,  :lol
Well, difficult for someone who doesn't bust GVs a lot.  ;)
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2010, 08:04:40 AM »
I don't see any problem with leaving the guys having a genuine tank battle alone, and just bombing the GV's that pose some sort of threat to my team: taking a town, camping a spawn, whatever.

It's a bummer to spend all that time driving somewhere to have a good GV fight just to get bombed.  I suppose it's sort of like someone jumping in and "helping" you during a 1v1 without asking first.

I'll keep your suggestion in mind Vinkman!
<S>
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2010, 08:12:35 AM »
If you don't egg the tanks they end up vulching you on the runway. When the GVers stop shelling FHs, stop shelling planes on the runway, and stop helping take bases (killing the fight) I will stop egging them.

If you stay at the spawn, I tend to ignore you. Besides, complaining about aircraft in a game called 'Aces High' is funny. It is as bad as complaining about tanks in 'World of Tanks'.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:14:43 AM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!