Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Rant
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 11:28:54 PM »
Englisch gefälschte Sie Deutsch!

Steiner! ,
    Sie brauchen einen guten wingman! wie schrecklich das Schicksal Sie litten.
 Akzeptieren Sie bitte meinen Kummer.
 Ich bleibe,
   Sonderbar

And BTW.... A wingman isn't going to help.   :salute
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 01:03:04 AM »
Did you bring your fire retardant suit?

I have hot dogs, marshmallows, popcorn and beer. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 01:16:07 AM »
yea a lot of people simply go where ever the easiest kill is without grasping the entire situation.

I've been in 2v2's and I tell the other guy "ok u stick with that 1, ill stick with this one and we should come out alright", only to find that while i'm fighting my guy the friendly is only trying to pik my kill while the other enemy makes his way on my 6. Seriously? so I would reverse the guy on my 6 and begin fighting with him, oh look now the friendly is trying to pik the guy im fighting with now, while again the other enemy con jumps on my 6.

Basically all you are to other green guys is bait, nothing more.

You can only rely on yourself in the MA and if a squady helps ya out, consider it an early Christmas gift. unless I see a name that I recall as a decent guy all other green people are just for looks.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 01:17:41 AM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 02:23:06 AM »
what does QFT mean?  :old:

dammit!!  :furious i could have just read this here instead of Grizz telling me i needed to send him naked pics of myself before he'd tell me what QFT meant  :huh

i want those back when you're done Grizz 
-AoM-

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 02:32:45 AM »
well,

there are allways 2 sides of a story, i give alltimes 6 Calls, i dive in when we Deucers are free to engage! But what happend 75% of all times, diving in, being at 450Mph, i count the range 800 600 on range vox, and at the second i have a perfect solution the one broke that hard away that  a) i can't follow, because i am at nealy 500mph, b) i dont want to follow a stupid flat turn and bleed all my E in just one move!
second example, happend just yesterday, we LDs came in with 4-5 k alt advantage, another player was under big pressure below us, i dove in to clear him, called on vox he should drag straight, con distance was 1k steady, all perfect it seems like but what did he do??? he turned a bit and pulled the con and me straight into the sun, no vis, no hit, no help! i climbed up and didn't setup a second B&Z, so he died half minute later by his own fault (too much Turn and burn and missing SA is allways a 99% Chance to die quick)

All i can say, a 1 vs 1 fight is just one thing, the fun for me starts with a perfect teamplay, but this works only if pilots are skilled enough even better if you know each other like flying with squadmates since years. Or the otherone is realy a good stick and can read and adept your fighting style real quick!
It don't work with unknown and SA missing pilots, sound harsh but thats a fact! My hint is, go into the TA catch a trainer and learn how to communicate and sharpen your SA

<S>
dhyran

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 03:40:34 AM »
lol he said deucer's!     

speakin of deuces dropping in, i gotta drop a couple deuces myself.... brb.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 03:45:40 AM »
oooh didn't make it in time, what a mess. Guess you could say i  had a loose   deuce.             :o

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 04:16:22 AM »
My biggest complaint is getting into an awesome fight and getting picked.  I know, I know, SA is my responsibility but it is so freaking annoying to get picked while fighting a hella good fight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 08:05:01 AM »
I have hot dogs, marshmallows, popcorn and beer. 

I brought the nachos, picnic table, a couple of super soakers, and margaritas!!!
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »
Relying on someone else to keep you alive is folly. Stupider than that is shouting or getting upset at folks for not giving you a check 6. Stupider than that still is crying about the previous two on the boards.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 11:11:13 AM »
I have always felt that the check-6 feature kind of took some of the human interaction out of the fight.....used to be sneaking up on peeps was a fair deal.  You snooze, you lose...now anyone within range simply hits a key and your covered.

Its NOT A BAD THING....just very very easy to do.  Too easy methinks.

I have to agree with Yeager on this one!  Don't get me wrong about this as I DO appreciate somebody telling me that somebody is gonna wax my sorry buttocks, but 99% of the time... I knew that I was doomed.  One of the the things in this game that really chaps my buttocks is when somebody gets on channel and starts vitching about somebody not giving them a check six call.  You will never hear me doing that as I know that it is MY responsibility to check my posterior and I assume the responsibility to watch my rear end.  I think that Hitech should include a disclaimer on the logon screen that states that you, "Fly at your own risk".  Nah, folks wouldn't read it anyways. :)

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »

Steiner! ,
    Sie brauchen einen guten wingman! wie schrecklich das Schicksal Sie litten.
 Akzeptieren Sie bitte meinen Kummer.
 Ich bleibe,
   Sonderbar
[/quote]

Translation.....

My nuts itch, but just a little   :bolt:

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »
Relying on someone else to keep you alive is folly. Stupider than that is shouting or getting upset at folks for not giving you a check 6. Stupider than that still is crying about the previous two on the boards.
+1
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 11:44:57 AM »
lol.

Been a few years since one of these posts were made but
they still don't fail the hysterically funny test :D

Offline zes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 11:59:35 AM »
Things to consider....

1. Just because my plane is in eyeshot of you doesn't mean I'm looking at you.  I'm watching my own six more so.
2. I'm not on vox, so my 'check6' might go to someone else who is more in my crosshairs.
3. Taking responsibility for my own six is more of a sure thing than relying on others to do it for me.
4.  It is quite likely to not get any more six calls in a large furball than a smaller encounter because everybody has more to watch out for.  Therefore, each individual figures in less.  This is similar to "hey, a 5 v 1 and you HO?"  I find HO's more likely in those situations because 5 are competing for the kill.  In other words, the logic works the other way too.

Just some fat to chew...