Author Topic: BATFINKV!!!!  (Read 5560 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: BATFINKV!!!!
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2010, 10:25:17 AM »
That can't be right.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:42:44 AM by Slash27 »

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2010, 10:28:34 AM »
Player Y!

Haha I kid. Loads of good duelers in this thread and most do it just for fun. I personally start to just shut down the try when people start getting uber, I OWNZ YOU COMPETITIVE. That's no fun and never why I go there. Learning and expirementing in the DA is the best part.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2010, 10:31:38 AM »
Player Y!

Haha I kid. Loads of good duelers in this thread and most do it just for fun. I personally start to just shut down the try when people start getting uber, I OWNZ YOU COMPETITIVE. That's no fun and never why I go there. Learning and expirementing in the DA is the best part.
Zap come in the DA!!! i miss you!!  :)
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »
Player Y!

True that. One of the first things Bruv taught me was to leave the ego at the door when stepping into the DA.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2010, 11:04:06 AM »
True that. One of the first things Bruv taught me was to leave the ego at the door when stepping into the DA.

The thing is, for some reason, many people don't realize that pretty much every regular dueler (good, bad, or somewhere in-between) follows this advice.

As aggravating as a person may appear to be in the MA to those "not in the know," once you get them into the DA and just have a few fun fights, there is no chest thumping or ego to be seen (well, in the majority of cases, anyway--but the chest thumping and ego are almost always seen among two semi-equals butting heads, and almost never from one very good stick berating a poorer one).

Further, once you've fought the guys several times in the DA (win, lose, or draw), the amount of crap you get in the MA from them plummets.  Any "crap" directed at you from them is actually joking, and you both understand that (whereas sometimes I think crap directed at others is not).

The DA is a great place.  More people should take advantage of it.  The "Good Ol' Boys Club" is not some exclusive, invite-only thing...  All you have to do is show up and try.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2010, 11:07:21 AM »
The thing is, for some reason, many people don't realize that pretty much every regular dueler (good, bad, or somewhere in-between) follows this advice.

As aggravating as a person may appear to be in the MA to those "not in the know," once you get them into the DA and just have a few fun fights, there is no chest thumping or ego to be seen (well, in the majority of cases, anyway--but the chest thumping and ego are almost always seen among two semi-equals butting heads, and almost never from one very good stick berating a poorer one).

Further, once you've fought the guys several times in the DA (win, lose, or draw), the amount of crap you get in the MA from them plummets.  Any "crap" directed at you from them is actually joking, and you both understand that (whereas sometimes I think crap directed at others is not).

The DA is a great place.  More people should take advantage of it.  The "Good Ol' Boys Club" is not some exclusive, invite-only thing...  All you have to do is show up and try.

This.  :aok

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2010, 11:07:51 AM »

Further, once you've fought the guys several times in the DA (win, lose, or draw), the amount of crap you get in the MA from them plummets.  Any "crap" directed at you from them is actually joking, and you both understand that (whereas sometimes I think crap directed at others is not).

The DA is a great place.  More people should take advantage of it.  The "Good Ol' Boys Club" is not some exclusive, invite-only thing...  All you have to do is show up and try.

+1...been there with a lot of them, done that with a lot of them, got TUCKERMAX HAMMERED by all of them, never received my t-shirt.  Great guys one and all.

Changeup

For those of you that DO NOT KNOW....don't blame me if you fall out of your chair and pass out with laughter...I warned you.
http://www.tuckermax.com/stories/the-famous-sushi-pants-story/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 11:09:25 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2010, 11:19:20 AM »
You hit the nail on the head Vudak. There's been many times I've gone to the DA with someone, only to realize they are a completely different person once you get on vox and start getting some 1v1s in. Skyrock is probably the biggest example of that. He talked to much smack in the arenas, but don't believe he ever meant anything by it, in my experiences with him anyway. He's probably one of the most modest guys in the game, in the DA setting. SHawk and SunBat come to mind, too.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2010, 11:27:28 AM »
You hit the nail on the head Vudak. There's been many times I've gone to the DA with someone, only to realize they are a completely different person once you get on vox and start getting some 1v1s in. Skyrock is probably the biggest example of that. He talked to much smack in the arenas, but don't believe he ever meant anything by it, in my experiences with him anyway. He's probably one of the most modest guys in the game, in the DA setting. SHawk and SunBat come to mind, too.

Skyrock is a great example.  Especially of the MA crap plummeting after you've dueled him a bit.

I can pick Skyrock in the MA and have the ensuing conversation last two or three jokes.  If a newbie picks him, it could go on for hours :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2010, 12:39:53 PM »

Yep...I had this with Check7....or kammando as he was at the time...called me out in the MA because he didn't like what I did...proceeded to tell me he would own me in the first merge etc etc...well  he did own me  but not in the first merge like he had thought and a couple of times it was down to my inability to stay airborne...since then he has been a different person toward me...now if .... and .......  would just call me out I would have no haters  :D.

The few times I have been able to join in with the Muppet and Pig DA thing they have going sometimes I have learn't heaps...all these guys pitching in are great to duel with and often offer advice and or even let the fight play out longer thn it should have just to let you learn

<S>  deulers...and all the up and coming guys...if you have the opportunity  take it.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2010, 12:56:05 PM »
Dealos, I think he kinda funny, a good stick though :joystick:

I don't think you have won any against me.  MA or DA, but I could be wrong  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2010, 01:10:02 PM »
Last night again was fun session... <S> to all that were there...

dedalos,
SERaider
Bighorn
Batfink

did I miss anyone?, sorry if I did.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:17:19 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »

No, you were hitting fine.  Me on the other hand _)*(_&_*(@&^#%$%$
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2010, 01:21:39 PM »

dedalos,
SERaider
Bighorn
Batfink

Hell I wish I'd have known.  I'd have had a much better night there than I did in the MA.  I'll just have to pop in and start checking more often now.
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2010, 01:25:28 PM »
I don't think you have won any against me.  MA or DA, but I could be wrong  :lol
Hogs and u bea me in spits
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3