Author Topic: Maps are STALE  (Read 2401 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Maps are STALE
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 05:26:29 PM »
Oh you gotta see Lusche's chart BrothaMan......... :D

Funny, but bases are still being taken.

Maybe the solo base takers are dead.  Whodathunkit, a multi-player game that takes multi-players to accomplish something.

Also, RE: How long will the game last...  I have intelligence sources that show the Rooks have WMDs.

wrongway

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 05:50:31 PM »
Oh you gotta see Lusche's chart BrothaMan......... :D

(Image removed from quote.)

And my argument is it takes some effort now.

Before the new towns, I could take a wirb or T-34/76 to town, twice, by myself and kill all the AAA and buildings and get an M-3 or C-47 back in time to take the base.  Solo.

The same with GV fields.  Kill the single soft gun and two hard guns with an M-8, end sortie, and get an M-3.

Now, in the first place, you can almost get a town down with a gv and it starts popping again.  More buildings.
Second, the buildings are spread out.  Like a town.  Everything isn't clumped in the middle.  It's that elusive, final standing structure that is the killer.

Even GV fields with all the extra guns take more time.  That equals more time for detection and a greater risk of failure as well as a greater risk of that one, fatal hit from a hard gun.

The popular, "oh my, the sky is falling!" interpretation of Lusche's chart is people aren't even trying anymore.  While this may be true due to the "it's too hard! :cry" crowd, it could also be attributed to the inability to solo sneak a base any more or the fact that it is harder to take a base now and takes more time and people, i.e. more than one or two.  Hence, base taking has slowed down.  It certainly hasn't ended.

Are there almost twice as many buildings in town now?  <Shock!> According to the chart, it's taking almost twice as long to take bases now.

But, who wants things to be challenging?  It's not even an unrealistic challenge.  It's just different.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »
And my argument is it takes some effort now.

Before the new towns, I could take a wirb or T-34/76 to town, twice, by myself and kill all the AAA and buildings and get an M-3 or C-47 back in time to take the base.  Solo.

The same with GV fields.  Kill the single soft gun and two hard guns with an M-8, end sortie, and get an M-3.

Now, in the first place, you can almost get a town down with a gv and it starts popping again.  More buildings.
Second, the buildings are spread out.  Like a town.  Everything isn't clumped in the middle.  It's that elusive, final standing structure that is the killer.

Even GV fields with all the extra guns take more time.  That equals more time for detection and a greater risk of failure as well as a greater risk of that one, fatal hit from a hard gun.

The popular, "oh my, the sky is falling!" interpretation of Lusche's chart is people aren't even trying anymore.  While this may be true due to the "it's too hard! :cry" crowd, it could also be attributed to the inability to solo sneak a base any more or the fact that it is harder to take a base now and takes more time and people, i.e. more than one or two.  Hence, base taking has slowed down.  It certainly hasn't ended.

Are there almost twice as many buildings in town now?  <Shock!> According to the chart, it's taking almost twice as long to take bases now.

But, who wants things to be challenging?  It's not even an unrealistic challenge.  It's just different.

wrongway

With the next release we will be making some adjustments for this. The new town release was never meant to be harder to capture.

HiTech

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 05:55:17 PM »

I know.

The  :cry did enough  :cry ing.

I guess the game is saved then.

whew.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 05:56:25 PM »
Grizz ruined it........ I was just fishing.   :neener:

I know.

whew.

wrongway
See Rule #4

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 10:01:25 PM »
I know.

whew.

wrongway
HiTech also said in that thread that he had not wanted to make base captures harder aka no whining was needed for the fix really. just stats that were ALSO posted there
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 10:20:14 PM »
I know.

The  :cry did enough  :cry ing.

whew.

wrongway

The only whining I see is from furballers  :cry :cry :cry that the win the war guys are trying to make the game easy.
Now HiTech is taking their side.  :cry :cry :cry

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »
How could you even say that?  And why are you not in AvA punk?   :neener:

The only whining I see is from furballers  :cry :cry :cry that the win the war guys are trying to make the game easy.
Now HiTech is taking their side.  :cry :cry :cry
See Rule #4

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 03:47:22 AM »
It's not even an unrealistic challenge.  It's just different.

wrongway

well, completely leveling a town isn't "realistic" lol

just sayin'
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 03:57:06 AM »
The new town release was never meant to be harder to capture.

LOL
Hedge mazes?
Why not have us all spawn into the air at 20k, hell why even bother with bases, or goals for that matter. This game is becomming Galaga.
Stale isn't the word for it.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 04:06:55 AM »
LOL
Hedge mazes?
Why not have us all spawn into the air at 20k, hell why even bother with bases, or goals for that matter. This game is becomming Galaga.
Stale isn't the word for it.

:rock  :aok
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline MonsterZer0

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 06:27:21 AM »
The number of buildings within a town should represent the type of airfield it belongs too. Keep the towns we have now for large airfields and lower the number of buildings within town for medium and small airfields. Also a building destroyed and one that is still up should be easier to spot.

262's only available on large airfields. The rest of the perk planes limited to medium and large airfields. Small airfields no perk planes. 

Offline Nightmare

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 11:01:40 AM »
The number of buildings within a town should represent the type of airfield it belongs too. Keep the towns we have now for large airfields and lower the number of buildings within town for medium and small airfields. Also a building destroyed and one that is still up should be easier to spot.

262's only available on large airfields. The rest of the perk planes limited to medium and large airfields. Small airfields no perk planes. 

good idea  :aok

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »
Maps need to reset every Tuesday like before...this same maps for weeks on end is getting old real fast.

Either reset every Tuesday or make winning the war actually feasible in one weeks time.

That is all

Whines about maps are stale
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 04:40:33 PM »
Ummm... Started around 20-30 'man-hours' and went to 90+ 'man-hours.'       More than twice as much.

If the little outhouse under the tree would be more visible, it would make towns significantly easier to take, but still not back to the previous super easy mode. 

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers