Author Topic: Tank Town GV bombing solution  (Read 10543 times)

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
Re: Tank Town GV bombing solution
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 09:32:21 AM »
 We were getting bombed at V135 spawn from A126. Everyone would complain about the A20s but not a soul would come with me to pork the ords at A126. So get bombed and shut up about it or get off your dead butt and go kill ords at the offending air base. It is as simple as that.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 10:20:35 AM »
I agree with the OP that this is often an issue (there's some moral support for you).  

There is also no question that the game can be tweaked to allow for GV-centric play, without taking away from the rest of the game.  If we can come up with an elegant proposal to facilitate GV-centric play for the minority who want it, without hurting everyone else, I was going to post a Wishlist thread. 

Some discussion related to this question occured in this thread: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,302241.60.html
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:23:39 AM by TDeacon »

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 10:27:02 AM »
moin

in my opinion we have many ways to stop gv bombing, we dont need diverent places were the gvs can fight each other, we still have nice battel places.

if i start a tank, i first wil start a jabo for taking out the ords and better the bomber hangars, that helps alot.

but if we going to get the mobile 8,8 flack some day the gvs should be realy save and gv bombing will not happens often again.
maybe this would be the best inovation to stop the gv bombing discusion.

cu christian

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 10:48:01 AM »
We were getting bombed at V135 spawn from A126. Everyone would complain about the A20s but not a soul would come with me to pork the ords at A126. So get bombed and shut up about it or get off your dead butt and go kill ords at the offending air base. It is as simple as that.

Yeah right.  Lets face it that wont happen.   I drop ords often but they will pop and I am not ditching a tank to go save five other guys.  What you describe is a consequence of selfish behavior. Since this will always be the case answer why not have a place where GVs can fight it out.  Why would this be any skin off YOUR back?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:40:46 AM by dirtdart »
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 10:56:30 AM »
This is probably the same few people that cried, screamed, and wailed in the Red Storm scenario because planes dared fly near them....

Give it up. You want to play without anybody around, try offline. You can stalk the parked drones all you want without pesky .... you know... PLAYERS.... getting in the way!

In the real world armored vehicles cannot operate without some air superiority...

In this game, as previously stated, 99% of all "GVing" is spawn camping. The other 1% is trying to break out of a spawn camp. (or perhaps driving TO a camped spawn). The whining and crying about "WAAAAH! There's a plane around!! BAN THEM!" is really sad. No matter how open or closed TT is, it's NOT the presence or absence of planes that will kill it.

Truth be told I much prefer the combined TT/FT with airfields and v-fields all in the center. You can find A2G, G2A, A2A, G2G action, whatever you like. It's inclusive (rather than exclusive). Besides, 99% of the time I'm over TT in a plane I'm looking for other planes and seeing only high contacts looking for me.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 11:02:09 AM »
Yet again a post gets radiation poisoning.   If you read my post all I am suggesting is a cloud layer to deter bombing.  If all you seek is a good plane fight how does this affect you?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »
If all you seek is total isolation, play offline.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 11:27:34 AM »
Another clever and insightful comment.

There are a few players in here who would like a nice isolated gv fight.  Since I know this is not going to happen I suggest a layer of clouds as a deterrent to the probability of bomb guys success. Most of the responses to this post have been mordant in nature.  I sincerely don't see the issue. How would this simple suggestion effect the game as to illict some of the above posts.  Especially since most who gv hate being bombed while in a nice gv on gv fight.  Take last night.  New panthers rolling in the middle of tt not porking bases just looking for a fight.  They start slugging it out with shermans.  All was cool until that lone a20 showed up and broke a very fun and technical gv fight.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 12:01:33 PM »
Krusty apparently has some sort of psychological issue with this concept - hence his over-the-top response.  It is also clear that he hasn't bothered to read my contributions to this thread.  If he had, he would have noticed the caveat "allow for GV-centric play, without taking away from the rest of the game".  

Krusty; this is not necessarily a zero-sum situation here, where improving things for one group will necessarily ruin things for another.  For example, note TT on Trinity.  Relatively hard for AC to get to, so only a few a**holes make the effort.  If we always had a similar place available, and if we added a game mechanism to publicise it (like the blinking indicator idea), then we would be good.  No harm to you in that, right?  And no need for your extreme posts (I could call them "whine responses" if I wanted to be obnoxious, but I won't).  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:09:50 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 12:16:59 PM »
Relatively hard for AC to get to, so only a few a**holes make the effort.  

I did read your biased and over-the-top posts as much as you read mine. The problem is you failed to get my point. I got yours. You're taking your ball and going home because you don't like to play with others.

See your quote there, for example. EVERYBODY that defies you by FLYING (omg!) around a GV fight is a swear word.

Yeah... sure.. THAT's a fair and balanced perspective (not!)

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 12:26:50 PM »
???

You're taking your ball and going home because you don't like to play with others.

I never said this, or even implied it. 

EVERYBODY that defies you by FLYING (omg!) around a GV fight is a swear word

I never said this either.  I was referring only to people who fly over the 20K mountains surrounding Trinity TT, with the deliberate intent of pissing people off. 

Apparently your case is so weak that you feel the need to create straw men, which you can then demolish. 

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 02:16:03 PM »
<----- loves killing GV's with the P-47D-25!
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 02:30:14 PM »
<----- loves killing GV's with the P-47D-25!

And man, do it all day when they are base grabbing, spawn camping, etc...  :rock

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 03:23:11 PM »
Yes, Oakranger, we all know about your weaknesses...    :)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 03:33:38 PM »
I like killing the one's that set up on top of a hill just sheeling the field when no one is there.

I do think the three gv bases at TT on the island map would work if uncapturable. I never saw a reason to capture those bases.

I'm no GV'er by any form of the word, but I see no reason why they can't have their sandbox too. Would serve to keep them from hitting usable air bases.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)