Author Topic: Trinity and the new Panther  (Read 4400 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Trinity and the new Panther
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »
A couple of ideas have been mentioned in this thread regarding a "catalyst" mechanism, designed to get more than one person at a time into TT, including:

1)  A capturable base in the center.
2)  Blinking TT bases if anyone is present in TT.
3)  Some combination of the above.
4)  A TT "entry point" at the arena start menu.
5)  An informal social coordination mechanism such as a "TT club".  

However, would it be worth HTC's time to do any of these if some maps didn't have a TT equivalent (which I believe is the current situation)?  So the problem has 2 parts:

a)  Obtaining a persistent TT.
b)  Advertising TT's occupancy.  

Any ideas?  If we had a coherent plan and several articulate supporters, we could post a Wishlist proposal.  

I think only 5) has some chance. I really doubt HTC would create any mechanism for a particular sub type of gameplay within the arena. We do have the place ... it's about us to fill it.

And to be specific on the flashing TT base: if the base is flashing, players will sit on the base trying to defend it. Hardly anyone will spawn to TT.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »
EDIT: posted in wrong thread....DOH!!!
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »
I think only 5) has some chance. I really doubt HTC would create any mechanism for a particular sub type of gameplay within the arena. We do have the place ... it's about us to fill it.

HTC takes steps to encourage certain types of gameplay all the time, in the interests of keeping their business healthy.  There is therefore plenty of precedent for this, assuming HTC feels that it attracts and retains more subscribers.  

And to be specific on the flashing TT base: if the base is flashing, players will sit on the base trying to defend it. Hardly anyone will spawn to TT.

Define a special type of flash (different rate or color), and publicise to the community that it means someone is in TT.  Also, retain the normal flash mode to indicate that a TT base is being approached, as currently.  
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:51:22 PM by TDeacon »

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2010, 04:52:01 PM »
(duplicate post)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:13:18 PM by TDeacon »

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »
How about making the town center flash when anyone ups on a base at TT?

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2010, 09:06:40 PM »
how about when A new ITEm comes out,like the panther,it has no perks for one week..Just sayin'..

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »
OK, guys, where are the suggestions for a GV-furball-friendly area?  Lusche, at least you could follow up on your TTclub idea; how would that work? 

I have checked Trinity TT every night I am on, and have not one found anyone there (all I can do is listen, and I hear nothing).  So something is needed.  In the absence of further suggestions, I will Wishlist the blinking indicator idea, but it would be nice to have at least one person supporting this in advance. 

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2010, 09:53:07 PM »
Trinity TankTown back in the day was the best fun to be had on any map. no matter what time of the day it was TT on Trinity was hopping. i tried to get it fired back up when we first got trinity but no bites i gave up after a couple of months
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2010, 03:15:59 AM »
There was absolutely no reason what so ever to take A20's into TT..

Even HiTech has said that the greatest fun in an MMO is going out and ruining someone else's fun. There's your reason.

Now, instead of sitting around crying about it, you could do it right back to them. Then you start to experience the cycle called "gameplay."
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2010, 12:40:09 PM »
To clarify: "Old TT" is not a Tank Town in any particular location. We had Tank Towns on several maps, all bristling with action. "Old TT" refers to a concept rather than a single place.

I miss the good ol TT battle days as well... we could battle for hours and would rarely see a plane....
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org