Author Topic: How F3 can improve shooting  (Read 8142 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: How F3 can improve shooting
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2010, 11:32:12 AM »
And no F3 in the DA unless someone can come up with a good reason.

All of the old H2Hers that are now actually PAYING for their account is going to be the best reason for HTC to keep it.  They will not make the switch away from F3, many of them refuse to go into the MA because of it, so they would probably cancel their account.  I can't blame HTC for not wanting to lose that revenue.

The second best reason is that I enjoy getting PM's from people accusing me of using F3.  I would hate for that to stop.   :D
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2010, 11:36:19 AM »
no, becuase when a dual someone it gives them an advantage

I have fought you before and you're good enough for me to make the following statment.  The players that you are losing to in a duel are not beating you because they are using F3, they are beating you because they are good - therefore they don't use F3.  

EDIT:

The corollary to that is that you are good enough to beat the people that use F3.

The conclusion to both statements is that it shouldn’t matter to you. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 11:39:19 AM by SunBat »
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »
I have fought you before and you're good enough for me to make the following statment.  The players that you are losing to in a duel are not beating you because they are using F3, they are beating you because they are good - therefore they don't use F3.   
It seems that they know what's going on underneath them, I miss alot of my shots and know that, but it seems most can make amazing shots on me
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2010, 11:41:24 AM »
It seems that they know what's going on underneath them, I miss alot of my shots and know that, but it seems most can make amazing shots on me

See my edit above. 

Who are these people?  Don't answer but I would say that the regular set of duelers that take part in the routine rolling 1v1's in the DA that are the better players (I'm not naming names because it's gay), do not use F3. 
AoM

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2010, 11:41:33 AM »
I am in the DA a good bit and have yet to see many of these people who are posting in the DA.........F3 is just about as useful as turning off tracers so you can HO more efficiently, A BIG WASTE OF TIME.......Joach gets a shot like that MAYBE 10% of the time. The other 90% I am making S'mores on his flaming tail section! :devil

Eliminating F3 will accomplish very little. Flying in F3 may end up hurting your ACM more than helping when going from DA to MA.....seems this subject has gotten more conversation than its worth on a "shot that took me 5 MONTHS to get".....enuff said. :banana: :banana: :banana:

THE Rev   
Rev,

The particulars aren't important really...what is important is the field of view FOR the shots taken.  I really dont care either way, I think F3 is a huge crutch and it allows unrealistic shots simply from the field of view perspective...and that is a significant advantage...to say it isn't is not correct.  I would be willing to bet that 1/2 the shots taken in the MA are under-the-nose shots taken in turns...and they results in misses with most of the burst because you can't see your con..in F3 you can see him and your ammo stream clearly.  With F3, because of your field of view, you can adjust while spraying...that is a HUGE advantage.  I flew that way for a year bro and I was making shots that I actually felt guilty for.  But proof of the advantage is this:  The DA lake folks very rarely come to the MA...if its not an advantage, why don't they?  Because its more fun there?  I can't tell them how to feel but there is much more fun to be had in the MA from my perspective.

The other issue you left off is even more simple.  F3 gives a pilot an unbelievable SA advantage.  That is how IL2 guys (me included) avoid the uber plane passes more than they would without it...the IL2 has a tail gunner...so it should remain F3 but in the DA in fighters, there shouldn't be any F3...period.  Aerial gunnery and SA...the two most important parts of combat aviation and F3 gives you an advantage over both.

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2010, 11:45:30 AM »
Rev,

The particulars aren't important really...what is important is the field of view FOR the shots taken.  I really dont care either way, I think F3 is a huge crutch and it allows unrealistic shots simply from the field of view perspective...and that is a significant advantage...to say it isn't is not correct.  I would be willing to bet that 1/2 the shots taken in the MA are under-the-nose shots taken in turns...and they results in misses with most of the burst because you can't see your con..in F3 you can see him and your ammo stream clearly.  With F3, because of your field of view, you can adjust while spraying...that is a HUGE advantage.  I flew that way for a year bro and I was making shots that I actually felt guilty for.  But proof of the advantage is this:  The DA lake folks very rarely come to the MA...if its not an advantage, why don't they?  Because its more fun there?  I can't tell them how to feel but there is much more fun to be had in the MA from my perspective.

The other issue you left off is even more simple.  F3 gives a pilot an unbelievable SA advantage.  That is how IL2 guys (me included) avoid the uber plane passes more than they would without it...the IL2 has a tail gunner...so it should remain F3 but in the DA in fighters, there shouldn't be any F3...period.  Aerial gunnery and SA...the two most important parts of combat aviation and F3 gives you an advantage over both.

V/r

Changeup

god man...cry some more.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »

And that is why you will not meet your full potential. Instead of looking for things you may have done wrong you try to find excuses to why you lost. There is no excuses other than you made a mistake.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2010, 11:51:43 AM »
And that is why you will not meet your full potential. Instead of looking for things you may have done wrong you try to find excuses to why you lost. There is no excuses other than you made a mistake.
Dude I only complain If I know it was an f3 shot, never do I complain about me losing to a descent stick, there's so many people better ten me, I know that.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »
god man...cry some more.
Don't do It tyran
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the biggest beef with F3 is NOT that someone got anal plugged while "base camping" or vulching it is that it just seems weird and out of place for certain planes. Now this game seems to play "at reality" to a limited degree and F3 is just absolutely waaaay out of the realm of any reality at all! I think that most critics of it "if I'm reading tween the lines correctly" are saying, If a plane is being used waaaay out of it's intended and "historical" use, what makes that possible? The only explanation is F3. History proves certain planes were absolute "death-traps" mainly to the limited views the pilots and crews had! now AH has differences in all planes also, a K4 will use it's better engine to gain advantage over planes with lesser engines. There are also disadvantages that others will use against you, peeps will attack lancs from below cause it is vulnerable from beneath. Many will use the vert against JUGS and just beat them down like a nail, some will count on the fact that planes like the c202 are almost harmless at snapshots and will take chances against this to gain advantage later in the fight. My point is all plane in this game have uppers and downers that whoever flies them needs to account for. Now inject a plane into a realm it was never intended for ie: IL2 fighting fighters then remove one of the main limiting factors for it to to this and you've created something that is just unhistorical enough to gain attention for its lack of accuracy. This lack of accuracy makes it stand out like amputated foot in a basket of popcorn! Thus you end up with peeps finding it gamey and cartoonish! To me F3 does seem like any of the other 40000 "shooter " type games out there!

With that said I am ok with F3, GHI got me again yesterday from 1K out  :)  <-- that is always worth a laugh !!

JUGgler
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 12:27:32 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2010, 12:15:56 PM »
god man...cry some more.
Mr SATs is at it again.. I was stating facts ya troll which seems to be more than your contribution to this thread. JUGler must be crying too! Lmao...tard
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 12:20:33 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2010, 12:20:38 PM »
If fighting someone who uses F3 mode puts you at a serious disadvantage, you're doing something wrong.  Something horribly wrong.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »
Mr SATs is at it again.. I was stating facts ya troll which seems to be more than your contribution to this thread. JUGler must be crying too! Lmao...tard

actually im just trying to get involved in this "argument" just to be involved, but noone seems to want to involve me. am i doing something wrong guys? or do i need to whine more like changeup to get included into this argument?  :headscratch:

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »
actually im just trying to get involved in this "argument" just to be involved, but noone seems to want to involve me. am i doing something wrong guys? or do i need to whine more like changeup to get included into this argument?  :headscratch:

Why don't you start an "anti changeup" thread and move your troll elsewhere  ;)

or just PM him and figure it out :aok

Just saying!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2010, 12:27:46 PM »
All of the old H2Hers that are now actually PAYING for their account is going to be the best reason for HTC to keep it.  They will not make the switch away from F3, many of them refuse to go into the MA because of it, so they would probably cancel their account.  I can't blame HTC for not wanting to lose that revenue.

The second best reason is that I enjoy getting PM's from people accusing me of using F3.  I would hate for that to stop.   :D

So, how about the other paying customers?  Some have been paying for over 10 years.  How is some new guys money worth more than theirs?  BTW< I don;t think anyone would leave because the went to the lake before F3 was anabled
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.