Author Topic: Dual boot?  (Read 306 times)

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
Dual boot?
« on: April 23, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
Just wondering if it's possible to have Win98SE for AH only (Saitek X36 USB) and run the rest under Win2000Pro? Space is not the issue - 45GB IBM HD provides plenty. I was wondering how to set the system up so that it would selectively boot Win98 or Win2000?

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
Dual boot?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
with 98 installed and running start a win2k install.  it will ask you if you want to upgrade or do a new install if you choose new install it will create a boot partition with the choises of which os to boot to durring the install. You would do well to create 4 partitions 3 fat32, one for 98, one for programs, and one for swap space, and 1 NTFS partition for the win2k.
enjoy  

PS if you just buy the win2k upgrade email me and I'll tell you how to do a full install with it.  

------------------
OhNooo
smile awhile

[This message has been edited by MrBill (edited 04-23-2001).]
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Dual boot?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2001, 11:36:00 AM »
I'm running this configuration now, and it works great.  Just make sure that your boot partition is Fat32 and it doesn't matter if you install Win2k or Win98 first.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Dual boot?
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2001, 05:35:00 PM »
There used to be some software that I had years back so I dunno if it's been updated and is current but it was called system commander which let you run multiple operating system on one machine.  
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.