Author Topic: new type of b25 please.  (Read 945 times)

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
Re: new type of b25 please.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 08:25:56 AM »
I've never had a Brewster chase me down in a P-38J, even when a Brewster has dove on me with a 5,000ft altitude advantage it never got close to me. 

ack-ack

There is NO way someone had a 5k alt advantage on YOU.......................... :noid :salute

NOT

AKNOT

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »
They pull it from Lake Murray in San Diego county?
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 07:15:01 PM »
tell that to all the ppl who have been run down by brewsters in temps/ponies/38s/etc  :rolleyes:
only time this will happen is if its angus :aok

on another note, a Brewbrew will only run you down if you make a very big mistake. i have never had a brewster catch me unless i was caught in a situation that i could not make it out of... and that situation is when im in a turn fighter on the deck, coming out of a turning situation.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 12:49:42 PM »
The ventral turret was found on early model B-25's and was actually standard on the B-25C that we have in game.  It was however almost universally reviled by the air crews who couldn't hit a thing with it and it was known to cause vertigo and nausea on the part of the poor operator.  As a result it appears that most units removed it in the field, especially in the Pacific where the the 25's were being converted to low level strafers and wouldn't need a belly gun anyway.

Wouldn't that make our B25C a field mod plane then?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 01:49:57 PM »

Wouldn't that make our B25C a field mod plane then?
yes it would... :headscratch:

then again when would anyone in this game actually take a B25C as a true opponent? :lol
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2010, 01:53:38 PM »

then again when would anyone in this game actually take a B25C as a true opponent? :lol

when its packing 10x .50 cals and 6 500lb bombs to drop on your precious m18.  :t

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »
when its packing 10x .50 cals and 6 500lb bombs to drop on your precious m18.  :t
I'd main gun it like the rest :aok
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2010, 02:30:32 PM »

Hmm. So much for no field mods in the game then huh.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »
Hmm. So much for no field mods in the game then huh.

It wasn't a field mod, but something done on the way to the theater.  This was true of all combat birds.  Things were tweaked at the depots before they went to their units.  The 5th AF for example had ball turrets removed from their B24s and tunnel guns in their place as working from wet and rough fields caused the ball turrets to get covered in mud and be rendered useless.  The B25 mods were done before being assigned to squadrons, again as that was the requirement for 5th AF.  Long range "Tokyo" tanks were added to many 8th AF B17s at the depot's in theater.

A field mod would be a one off or limited number of mods done at a squadron level or by an individual pilot or ground crew.  The only field mod I can think of in game, is the Malcom hood on the P51B/C as that was produced in England and added as they became available at the group and squadron levels.  It never made it to the MTO or PTO that I know of.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2010, 08:40:25 PM »
I've never had a Brewster chase me down in a P-38J, even when a Brewster has dove on me with a 5,000ft altitude advantage it never got close to me. 

ack-ack

I have this same sentiment.  The only time a Brewster has kept up with me in a Pony was when I was low and slow, and I think that is because Ponies don't accelerate all that well.

A Brewster that has kept it's speed up is a wickedly surprising enemy.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2010, 09:05:11 PM »
I have this same sentiment.  The only time a Brewster has kept up with me in a Pony was when I was low and slow, and I think that is because Ponies don't accelerate all that well.

A Brewster that has kept it's speed up is a wickedly surprising enemy.
tonight i had my first brewster get on my six by diving... he was at 20k... got within 400 yards and started pinging
Happy Jack's Go Buggy