Author Topic: video settings  (Read 470 times)

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
video settings
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:42:44 PM »
so i was playing around with them upped the textures all the way to like 2000 somethin, then i saw the anti-aliasing thing changed it went into offline and didnt notice anything change cept the textures which were noticeable. I changed the anti-aliasing back to where it was first still didnt notice a change. Im wondering exactly what it does and can it effect like the films like fraps and such? If you please do tell me thanks and salute                                                           RedTail

RedTail

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: video settings
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 02:11:17 PM »
If your video card advanced settings has anti-alias set to "override application settings", then that's what will happen.  If you set it to "application controlled", then you should see a difference in-game when you change the settings in-game.

You need to download and install the hi-res texture pack to see any difference in textures when you set them to 1024 or 2048.

If you normally fly with low anti-aliasing and record film, you can change the settings before running the film viewer to set up the game engine to use the higher quality settings.  You may encounter stuttering and skips if you system can't handle it, but then you're not actually flying at that point.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 06:07:19 PM »
Derk, have you read my VIDEO SETTINGS guide?  You might learn a lot.

CLICK HERE for it

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:21:37 AM »
I love that Guide Thanks!  :cheers:

:salute

[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs