Author Topic: Fighter Ace Q&A  (Read 1887 times)

Offline VFCBaxter

• Zinc Member
      • Virtual Flying Corps
Fighter Ace Q&A
« on: December 21, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »
Seeing as FA died a while back now, shouldn't that FA Q&A forum be killed off too. No more them and us, just us and more of us I reckon. :banana:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Fighter Ace Q&A
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 02:41:06 PM »
I say let the forum stay for a little bit, even though it's been a few months since Exodus II.  There might still be some stragglers coming in after testing the waters of other games and having the forums might be helpful to these late comers.

Besides, I've never gotten the impression that there was a "us vs. them" kind of attitude after Exodus II.  In fact, the reception of the FA players got was far more friendly than what we ex-AW'ers received when we came over during the Exodus.  It was a definite "us vs. them" mentality back then with the AW'ers being blamed for everything under the Sun.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 03:00:04 PM »
I still get the odd email from x-FA players who are thinking about trying Aces High.  Leaving that forum up for a bit longer just gives them a comfortable place to land in the forums and get introduced to the community.

Ack-Ack, as I recall (I am old, so feel free to correct me if I am), one day AW was there and the next day it was not.  Mark did the FA players a good service by allowing others from the various games in this genre to post directly on thier forums and answer questions.  The overlap allowed the FA folks to weigh in on where and why they wanted to go play what they wanted to go play.

It was too bad AW did not get the same service.  I think it would have removed any "us vs them" attitude, in my opinion.

The transition for the FA folks has definitely been smoother than for the AW folks.  Maybe we learned something about that as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 03:59:51 PM »
When AW was closed down most people were left in the dark. The last few months were rumors galore. I think they did finally make an announcement and gave a date in the last week or two, but that was the ONLY communication to the subscribers.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:50:35 PM »

The transition for the FA folks has definitely been smoother than for the AW folks.

Yep, and that was something I was glad to see. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SpiveyCH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.chawks.org
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 05:36:04 PM »
     From what I remember, can't remember which month, EA announced at the beginning of the month that AW would be closing at the end of the month.  They then named the airfields after long-standing squads.  I am happy to say that we C-HAWKS were one of them, but that month sucked big time! 
SpiveyCH
The 364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 06:04:46 PM »
 Baxter,

Just yesterday I ran into an old FA'er who was just trying AH for the first time.

I meantioned that quite afew FA guys were ingame and that there was a forum to stop by and say hello and find help.

So,I'd agree with Skuzzy there's still a need for the forum and I wouldnt look at it as us vs you as a new home and this is the welcome mat!

:salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 06:24:06 PM »
     From what I remember, can't remember which month, EA announced at the beginning of the month that AW would be closing at the end of the month.  They then named the airfields after long-standing squads.  I am happy to say that we C-HAWKS were one of them, but that month sucked big time! 

No they had named the bases after squads long before they closed shop. Air Mafia had one as well, it was a big island in the Pac arena.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 06:57:49 PM »
No they had named the bases after squads long before they closed shop. Air Mafia had one as well, it was a big island in the Pac arena.

:rofl Heck LPN had her own base or something.

I think they gave two weeks or something don't remember exactly how it went down. I do remember that it seemed kind of underhanded at the time. Still to this day I won't have anything to do with EA.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 08:10:47 PM »
:rofl Heck LPN had her own base or something.

I think they gave two weeks or something don't remember exactly how it went down. I do remember that it seemed kind of underhanded at the time. Still to this day I won't have anything to do with EA.

Wouldn't even buy the kids EA games when they were kids.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 08:41:13 PM »
Never played the game personally.

Who care you're all welcome with open arms!  We shoot people down...pretty sure that what you did...We have stuff in common...lets get a beer!

Offline YamaRaja

• Copper Member
      • Elite Squad
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 09:09:55 PM »
Its been a smooth and great transition for the USMC/Elite squad from FA.
Many of us are feeling right at home.
Truth be told, if Mark brought FA back on-line (which is not going to happen) I would stay here.

Yama CO Elite
Never leave a wingman behind

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 12:31:22 PM »
I came over from FA a long time back.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 01:20:39 PM »
And do not think for a moment we hold it against you........   :D
I came over from FA a long time back.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 04:00:12 PM »
And do not think for a moment we hold it against you........   :D

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)