Author Topic: question about Dog the bounty hunter show  (Read 1798 times)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
Re: question about Dog the bounty hunter show
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 09:01:40 PM »
Eh, personaly I'm an advocate for law enforcement to shoot idiots doing stupid things first and ask questions later, but it's too bad that's not the way it works even if I think it's just another trial of darwinism when people ignore an authority and can't shut-up/stop and follow their direction.  Fortunatley though Dog isn't a certified peace/law officer, so under my logic he shouldn't have the right to shoot someone else without very reasonable cause.

I think that's my second favorite episode, after the recent shake-a-weight (or whatever that thing is called) one.

Dog The Bounty Hunter is a convicted Felon. Not allowed to own or carry firearms... They only carry modified paintball guns loaded with pepper spray balls that I know of..

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »
Dog The Bounty Hunter is a convicted Felon. Not allowed to own or carry firearms... They only carry modified paintball guns loaded with pepper spray balls that I know of..

That is not the only reason he cant.....he isn't considered a law enforcement......he wouldn't be able to carry one even if he wasn't a felon.

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 11:32:31 PM »
That is not the only reason he cant.....he isn't considered a law enforcement......he wouldn't be able to carry one even if he wasn't a felon.

-BigBOBCH

And Hawaii hasn't issued a concealed carry permit in decades, and open carry is illegal...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 07:59:55 AM »
that entire show if a farce.

hardened criminals?? they need friggin 3 guys a fat chick, and an anorexic chick to take down a 100# drug addict that isn't even fighting? then they spend 10 minutes yelling so hard at em that it's a wonder they don't burst a vein in their head?

what a joke.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 08:18:16 AM »
:rofl CAP!   I've watched it a couple of times and I think the "apprehensions" are staged. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 10:49:01 AM »
The LTL (less than lethal) device in the show is a JAYCOR Pepperball gun.  They are commonly deployed in prison systems and law enforcement.  The military was also using them in urban ops at one point in time as they will clear a room quickly.  The JAYCOR can also be loaded with glass breaking projectiles, marking projectiles, etc in compliment to the O.C. round.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 03:42:10 PM »

Wasn't that in Mexico?  Does it still apply/infringe on his rights to own or carry firearms here in the states?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 05:08:17 PM »
:rofl CAP!   I've watched it a couple of times and I think the "apprehensions" are staged. 

you might be right.

it rates up there with "reposessed". that one is a repo company in north jersey. fairly entertaining once or twice......after that......friggin stupid crap.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 05:14:10 PM »
The LTL (less than lethal) device in the show is a JAYCOR Pepperball gun.  They are commonly deployed in prison systems and law enforcement.  The military was also using them in urban ops at one point in time as they will clear a room quickly.  The JAYCOR can also be loaded with glass breaking projectiles, marking projectiles, etc in compliment to the O.C. round.

The LTL is actually a Tippmann A-5 paintball gun.  It doesn't even appear to be modified too much either.
Deviant

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »
The LTL is actually a Tippmann A-5 paintball gun.  It doesn't even appear to be modified too much either.

The first ones used in prisons and by police that I saw were unmodified Tippman Model '98s.  Loved those markers, they were like the AK47 of the industry back in day, could give them to someone to treat like absolute dirt, a little cleaning and oil to it when they gave it back and it was ready to go again.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2010, 10:36:43 PM »
dog was convicted of murder for trying to buy weed and his friend shot the drug dealer.  he served a couple of years.  he was charged with kidnapping in mexico, but that went nowhere.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2010, 11:06:31 PM »

-BigBOBCH

Being considered law enforcement doesn't have a thing to do with being able to carry a weapon.  Here's the check list for that...American citizen? Yes? Check, that's all you need according to the federal government.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2010, 12:14:40 AM »
Being considered law enforcement doesn't have a thing to do with being able to carry a weapon.  Here's the check list for that...American citizen? Yes? Check, that's all you need according to the federal government.

Then there's age requirements and open v concealed carry. Just sayin.