Author Topic: Wicked3D H3D / CyberVisor 3D Gaming Kit  (Read 283 times)

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
Wicked3D H3D / CyberVisor 3D Gaming Kit
« on: December 29, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
Has anybody else tried anything like this?

My friend was going through a box of computer stuff he inherited when his brother died and spotted this 3D glasses rig. He loaned it to me to try out since his computer is older and runs NT 4.0.

I had a lot of trouble discovering what software to use since the CDROM was way old (Voodoo 3 was the newest 3dfx card listed). Wicked3D website had the solution. Latest beta actually works with my hardware and AcesHigh without any major problems.

Flying with the illusion of proper depth perception is awesome. Judging closure rates and ranges for gun combat is pretty easy without using icons. Just looking around the cockpit is pretty interesting.

However: There is some ghosting. A decrease in image quality. Reduced frame rate. Intermittant "glitches" in the refresh. Gunsight isn't focused at infinity the way a real sight is, so you can focus on the target and see two sights or focus on the sight and see two targets  :) Also, it is not anywhere near compatible with all games.

I don't know how much these things cost. Probably more than they are worth. However, just trying it for free was eye opening. I am sure there are plenty flying out there that would be willing to pay and put up with the glitches to enjoy the depth it gives games.

Anybody else out there using something similar with better results? If the penalties were minimized and the price were right, I would definitely get my own rig.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!