Author Topic: F3 Next tour  (Read 3368 times)

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
Re: F3 Next tour
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »
Coming soon...Aces High for the XBOX 360!

"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »
Coming soon...Aces High for the XBOX 360!

(Image removed from quote.)

Don't get me started  :cry
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 12:21:03 PM »
I do think all attack/fighters should default to attack when ord is strapped on and default to fighter when there's none.

Agreed ..and so much more.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 12:29:40 PM »
I feel like your results may be invalid because as you fly the il2 you are also improving your familiarity with the il2 and bound to improve over the month despite the view you use.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
I do think all attack/fighters should default to attack when ord is strapped on and default to fighter when there's none.

So why wouldn't the folks who game Attack mode just strap on some bombs and then dump them on the runway before rolling?  I'm not clear how your proposed solution solves anything.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 12:48:45 PM »
I feel like your results may be invalid because as you fly the il2 you are also improving your familiarity with the il2 and bound to improve over the month despite the view you use.

I actually thought of that, sooooooo I will do F3 the 1st week. So my added 1 week experience will skew the results in favor of F1 view.

So if F3 shows better in all categories there will be only 1 reason for it!   :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 12:51:48 PM »
I do think all attack/fighters should default to attack when ord is strapped on

yes :aok

... and default to fighter when there's none.

cant really do that, some planes are used (correctly) for strafing and may not have ords on board.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 12:55:52 PM »
So why wouldn't the folks who game Attack mode just strap on some bombs and then dump them on the runway before rolling?  I'm not clear how your proposed solution solves anything.

It solves nothing. There should be 2 categories---> Fighter (if you're shootin down baddies) and Bomber (if you're droppin bombs for any reason from any aircraft)

This one change would shore up the shedding in both categories in my opinion, or just make Attack and Fighter modes reflect on each other!

I see folks with great fighter score that could never beat most of the folks I fight in the DA, it seems they work the vulch when it's time to "score-up" in fighter mode! <---that cheapens it in some way to me!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 01:06:05 PM »
I see folks with great fighter score that could never beat most of the folks I fight in the DA, it seems they work the vulch when it's time to "score-up" in fighter mode! <---that cheapens it in some way to me!

not necessarily, its different skill sets. great SA is essential in MAs, not so in a DA 1v1. thats why some of the DA princesses whine about lack of 1v1s and getting picked in the MAs.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 01:45:37 PM »

Take Fighter score for what it is.  You'll never have a score that perfectly reflects your own view of what defines "good."  Almost any system rewards vulching or wingman tactics, and those who want to game their stats by switching between Fighter and Attack modes will always find a way around restrictions.  Your best bet is to just realize the flaws in the system and take any ranking with a grain of salt.

That said, I just looked at the top 20 ranked fighter pilots for this tour, and many of them strike me as excellent duelists.  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:48:35 PM by Dead Man Flying »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 02:54:25 PM »

It doesn't solve the "problem" of gaming the score by flying in attack mode but it does solve the problem of forgetting to change modes in the hanger before take-off.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 03:01:37 PM »
It doesn't solve the "problem" of gaming the score by flying in attack mode but it does solve the problem of forgetting to change modes in the hanger before take-off.

That's only a problem if you forget.  Don't forget, and it's not a problem.  :)

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010, 03:19:03 PM »
Take Fighter score for what it is.  You'll never have a score that perfectly reflects your own view of what defines "good."  Almost any system rewards vulching or wingman tactics, and those who want to game their stats by switching between Fighter and Attack modes will always find a way around restrictions.  Your best bet is to just realize the flaws in the system and take any ranking with a grain of salt.

That said, I just looked at the top 20 ranked fighter pilots for this tour, and many of them strike me as excellent duelists.  
just curious but i heard you use to be the best ingame stick at 1 point  :)
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2010, 04:18:30 PM »
just curious but i heard you use to be the best ingame stick at 1 point  :)

Nah, he always flew a dweebfire, always came in with a full squad protecting him, and always run in the spitV if he got below 10K
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2010, 05:50:13 PM »
Nah, he always flew a dweebfire, always came in with a full squad protecting him, and always run in the spitV if he got below 10K

This.  Always this.