Author Topic: sooo.......b29....  (Read 2218 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: sooo.......b29....
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 08:33:37 PM »
no, 1v1 with a spit or 2vs one isent that bad, but when it becomes 6-7 vs 1 then yes, thats bad, add in all those spits are HOing you or trying to pick, makes it worse and zaps the fun of Dsquealing.

my solution: up b17s and hunt down any spitdweeb that dares to come above 10k. its worked well for me in the past.
If they come in a hoard take a 190a8 and tater the u now what out of them, take 25% because it will be a short trip :aok
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 09:31:44 PM »
If they come in a hoard take a 190a8 and tater the u now what out of them, take 25% because it will be a short trip :aok

thats the POINT, i dont go into the DA to be forced to fly a plane that can compete with spits. i go in there to have fun p47 vs 190s. ponies vs ki84. p40s vs p39s and fun fights like that, not to be forced to flying planes that can compete with the dweebish plane in there.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 10:19:43 PM »
no, 1v1 with a spit or 2vs one isent that bad, but when it becomes 6-7 vs 1 then yes, thats bad, add in all those spits are HOing you or trying to pick, makes it worse and zaps the fun of Dsquealing.

my solution: up b17s and hunt down any spitdweeb that dares to come above 10k. its worked well for me in the past.
Simple answer to this problem don't go to the DA lake. The few times I flown there it really has only taught me one thing & that it is very good at teaching how to avoid the HO.  :headscratch:

You know with all the fuss about the DA & F3 mode & every thing else that people complain about with regards to the DA lake. There is only one thing that you really get out of there.

One is instant gratification that you flew 20 seconds to a fight & you get your name in lights for landing kills. I propose we remove the name in lights for landing kills in the DA. I think that will rattel a few of you Lake effect boys. :bolt:

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »
It was before my time here in AH, but didn't it take over year for the last poll winner to get introduced in to the game?  The B25 or P39 was voted in, but more than 1 person has said that it took quite a long time to get them put into the game.

I dont really care how long it take HTC to model the B29.  I hope they add a great many more aircraft and gv's ahead of it.  I think a great many people are going to be disappointed with the performance of the B29 and after getting their tail section handed to them a few time by bomber hunters they may think twice about taking it up.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 10:38:15 PM »
It was before my time here in AH, but didn't it take over year for the last poll winner to get introduced in to the game?  The B25 or P39 was voted in, but more than 1 person has said that it took quite a long time to get them put into the game.

I dont really care how long it take HTC to model the B29.  I hope they add a great many more aircraft and gv's ahead of it.  I think a great many people are going to be disappointed with the performance of the B29 and after getting their tail section handed to them a few time by bomber hunters they may think twice about taking it up.
:aok ta152 is gonna be my new bird when that thing ups
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 10:41:30 PM »
It was before my time here in AH, but didn't it take over year for the last poll winner to get introduced in to the game? 

It took four months for the B-25 to show up. Poll ended Apr 07, B-25 appeared in Aug 07 (Version 2.11)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 10:45:03 PM »
It took four months for the B-25 to show up. Poll ended Apr 07, B-25 appeared in Aug 07 (Version 2.11)
So about two weeks X 5 left to go.

Offline Ctrl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 01:34:14 AM »
..where is it? everyone was saying "2 weeks" but its been past 2 weeks, has it been delayed or something? im really wanted to fly it  :headscratch:  :airplane:

It takes a little while for HTC to make the plane then write it so that it can be flown without issues. I say sometime in January.

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 05:23:53 AM »
"Two weeks" is not a serious answer

no watermelon i never thought about it :noid

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 07:48:37 AM »
6 months
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 10:11:21 AM »
2 years... :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 10:17:04 AM »
The B-29 will no doubt require a lot more detailing and modeling than the B-25s did.

Also, the poll simply determined that the B-29 would be moved up the list, but that's not to say that it's going to be started right now. They have other things in the pipeline. They're always working on minor updates and major ones (I wouldn't be surprised if we see 1 or 2 updates before the B-29, to add bits of code or do something that allows the B-29 to work at all).

I would expect nothing before July, rough guess.

C'mon folks, they're still working on updating the older 3D models, they just added the Betty, the Panther, they DO have other things in the queue!

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2010, 10:31:18 AM »
The B-29 will no doubt require a lot more detailing and modeling than the B-25s did.

Also, the poll simply determined that the B-29 would be moved up the list, but that's not to say that it's going to be started right now. They have other things in the pipeline. They're always working on minor updates and major ones (I wouldn't be surprised if we see 1 or 2 updates before the B-29, to add bits of code or do something that allows the B-29 to work at all).

I would expect nothing before July, rough guess.

C'mon folks, they're still working on updating the older 3D models, they just added the Betty, the Panther, they DO have other things in the queue!
:aok, be happy to know that u will get one in the future, there are a lot of other planes that could use some updates on cockpits and other modeling features. Calm down you will get a b29 sooner or later
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 05:26:14 PM »
You will find out in two weeks!   :rock
Strokes

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 06:19:59 PM »
It takes a little while for HTC to make the plane then write it so that it can be flown without issues. I say sometime in January.

Analyze the abundance of evidence provided in this thread, then use that to infer a more logical answer. A few points that stood out while I read this:

1.)It took HTC 4 months to model the B-25, a twin engined medium bomber. Now the the B-29 is a quad-engined heavy bomber. That will probably take a significantly longer period of time to model.
2.)The standards for new models have changed a lot since the B-25 was added. This will undoubtedly add to the development time.
3.)HiTech himslef stated that the B-29 will NOT be the next craft added, but will be moved up to the next open slot. From this we can infer that some crafts will need to be developed, all of which will of course need to be up to recent standards, meaning that even more time will need to be alloted.

From this information we can safely come to the conclusion that it will be much more than a matter of days until the superfortress becomes available.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:21:49 PM by BrownBaron »
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes