Author Topic: Wednesday  (Read 806 times)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Wednesday
« on: December 30, 2010, 10:10:51 AM »
I tried for several hours during the day to enjoy some flying in all arenas but the best time I had was two sorties with me and one other in AvA.

I wanted to log back in later but had to take Frau jimson out dancing. Damage control for a fight we had last week.

You know the kind "You just take me for granted" "We never do anything together" "You never take me anywhere"

At some point I think I stopped hearing actual words and just imagined a great big bird sitting across from me

squawking "CAW! CAW! CAW!"

Oh, and apparently the response "Shut up and make me a sandwich" isn't quite as funny as you would think.

Who knew?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 10:14:40 AM »
Oh, and apparently the response "Shut up and make me a sandwich" isn't quite as funny as you would think.
Who knew?

Just thinking about what the look on her face must have been when you said it is funny as hell though.  :lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 10:22:09 AM »
I had a good time with Chili and C##### (never can remember the numbers).  Daddog came in and winged up with me for a bit but I was getting tired eye and had to log. 

So are you out of the dog house yet Jim?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 10:32:05 AM »
I had a good time with Chili and C##### (never can remember the numbers).  Daddog came in and winged up with me for a bit but I was getting tired eye and had to log. 
So are you out of the dog house yet Jim?

Yeah that's the guy I was flying with.

I think I'm out of the doghouse for a little while.

Just thinking about what the look on her face must have been when you said it is funny as hell though.  :lol

The words "Cold fury" come to mind. I still think it's damn funny. The timing however........ not so smart.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »
Well, for what it's worth, your suggestion was much more polite than mine was back in the day  :devil
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 11:15:52 AM »
I tried for several hours during the day to enjoy some flying in all arenas but the best time I had was two sorties with me and one other in AvA.

I wanted to log back in later but had to take Frau jimson out dancing. Damage control for a fight we had last week.

You know the kind "You just take me for granted" "We never do anything together" "You never take me anywhere"

At some point I think I stopped hearing actual words and just imagined a great big bird sitting across from me

squawking "CAW! CAW! CAW!"

Who knew?

Well, Jimson, you could always get another computer and cable hook up, teach her how to fly, and train her as your AvA wingwoman.  There's potential for hours of fun, together time.   :lol  :x   Or, maybe not... :bolt:

Just a thought...... :salute
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:18:14 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 12:00:15 PM »
did ya get your vox sorted puma?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »
Well, Jimson, you could always get another computer and cable hook up, teach her how to fly, and train her as your AvA wingwoman.  There's potential for hours of fun, together time.   :lol  :x   Or, maybe not... :bolt:

Just a thought...... :salute

You know guys this is a truly fun thing if you can swing it. A few summers ago 2005 or 2006 myself and a AH buddy hooked up with some guys to play Wings Over Vietnam on-line. We joined
VF-84 flying F4 phantoms. Being used to the WWII stuff I wasn't at all interested in messing with the radar and missiles. I just wanted to fly and gun. This left me at a distinct  disadvantage when the missiles started flying. I mentioned to my wife Judy the dilemma I was having. She asked how hard can it be? I said it's not hard it bores me. She started looking at the manual while I'm flying, as says nothing to it just do this this and that. I slide the keyboard her direction and say have at it I'll fly the bird shoot the guns with my stick and throttle system you work the radar and missiles with the keyboard. Well we're having a squad practice the squad CO comes over team speak and says there's a guy in an F-8 busting into our practice and he's all over me and I have no missiles or ammo. I'm like six miles away but head that direction to see if I can help. When Judy says I have that guy on radar and a missile lock can I shoot him? I laugh and say go ahead kind of half expecting nothing to come of it. Sure enough an AIM 7 comes off the bird and streaks out away from us. In less than a minute there a puff of black smoke and then the long smoke trail of a plane going down. My CO is screaming good kill splash one that was cool and all kinds of other stuff. I look at Judy and she has this huge grin on her face. I tell the guys what just transpired and everybody is laughing their butts off. Then I get an idea and ask my CO if Judy can be part of the squad and operate as my RIO on squad nights. He agrees and since she's a redhead she gets the callsign Scarlette. Throughout the summer we in VF-84 did what we call a cruise. At the end of the cruise out of the 5 section's Judy and I had the most kills and of those kills she got more than 3/4s of them. We had 3 Mig17 kills I believe 6 Mig21 kills and 3 Mig19 kills. One squadnight Judy was out of town on business and I had to fly and operate the missiles on my own. I tried to shoot a Mig17 off my CO and hit him with the AIM 9 instead. From then on he didn't want me firing missiles without Ens Scarlette in the plane with me.  :lol We had a freaking blast with it that summer and it was fun to have her involved in the hobby. Below is a link to the kill board for the squad that summer. Our stuff is still posted there.

http://www.freewebs.com/virtual84/readyroom.htm
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:30:32 PM by Shifty »

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 05:08:36 PM »
 :rofl Shifty, that would have gone entirely different in my home. 

"Hey, hon.... give me a hand with this please......   Just take the manual, and keyboard and figure out what to do with it, to help me out, dear."

:devil WHAM!! << wife takes keyboard and wacks me across the head, takes manual and throws it in my chest....... goes back to knitting and says, "Did that help?"

My answer, "Yes dear, I can see a lot clearer now."  :uhoh  <<keeps head on a swivel for more flying objects...

Shifty, I think they broke the mold after they made Judy.  Sounds like she is a hoot to fly with :aok 

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 05:17:48 PM »
Yeah I'm a lucky guy Chilli.  :aok

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 02:08:34 AM »
did ya get your vox sorted puma?

I don't think so.  With no one in the AvA when I was trouble shooting, I was forced to go over to the MA (arghhhhh  :x)  I couldn't hear anyone on range and no one answered my request for a range radio check.  I'm out of town until Friday night.  So, it'll have to wait until Saturday.  :furious

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 02:12:00 AM »
Hey, Shifty!  Is Wings over Vietnam still around?  I played it on my XP computer and had a lot of fun with it but, never did any on line flying with it.  :salute

:joystick: So, Shifty does Mrs. Shifty have any inclination toward AvA flying?  Sure would be a nice change of pace having a lady who's interested in flying  around instead of all you hairy legged boys all the time.   :neener:
Now, don't get me wrong.  I thoroughly enjoy hanging with you guys.  A good woman that likes airplanes.....well that's just hard to beat.  My wife has to leave the room when I'm in the mix with you guys because the monitor flopping all over makes her dizzy and fall down if she's not holding on to something.  :lol 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:23:22 AM by Puma44 »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 04:42:47 AM »
Hey, Shifty!  Is Wings over Vietnam still around?  I played it on my XP computer and had a lot of fun with it but, never did any on line flying with it.  :salute

:joystick: So, Shifty does Mrs. Shifty have any inclination toward AvA flying?  Sure would be a nice change of pace having a lady who's interested in flying  around instead of all you hairy legged boys all the time.   :neener:
Now, don't get me wrong.  I thoroughly enjoy hanging with you guys.  A good woman that likes airplanes.....well that's just hard to beat.  My wife has to leave the room when I'm in the mix with you guys because the monitor flopping all over makes her dizzy and fall down if she's not holding on to something.  :lol 

She doesn't want to fly the plane so AH is out for her. I've thought of flying 110s and letting her gun in the backseat though. However the other PC we have won't run AHII. She does love aircraft and it's nice that she's willing to hang out with mje at air shows or the Cavanaugh Air Museum in Dallas. Puma Wings Over Vietnam is still going strong they have a few more titles out now as well.

http://www.thirdwire.com/

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »
Thanks for the link, Shifty!  Pass on a hearty "Atta girl" to  Mrs. Shifty. Ya just can't beat a good back seater, and at good woman at that!  :rock  :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 10:10:01 AM »
I don't think so.  With no one in the AvA when I was trouble shooting, I was forced to go over to the MA (arghhhhh  :x)  I couldn't hear anyone on range and no one answered my request for a range radio check.  I'm out of town until Friday night.  So, it'll have to wait until Saturday.  :furious

shoot me a pm and I'll run in there with ya  :aok