Author Topic: Wheel Brakes...Not Functioning  (Read 965 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Wheel Brakes...Not Functioning
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 08:02:04 AM »
Yes, morf is right. If you have left and right wheel brakes mapped to the pedals, they will not work on the keyboard, regardless of any key you have mapped to the function. If you disconnect the pedals, the keyboard mapping should function.

If they do not work using the keyboard, then you have the same keys mapped to another function.

After the function is working on the keyboard, plug in the pedals and map the toe brakes again.

Why don't you try this and let us know?

(Trainers, and others who help others in the game, see all kinds of problems and questions. We all learn things from helping troubleshoot issues and pass the knowledge and fixes on when similar questions are asked. There is a reason why people are interested in threads like these. We're not being "busybodies.")

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
 Thx for confirming that Rolex. :aok

It's been awhile since I had the problem and wasnt sure,I just thought that before the program,comp,equipment,Etc. was blamed,this simple problem could be to blame.

I also ran into a simalar problem with trim keystrokes,turns out I had a analog setting that I hadnt deleted.

:salute

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »
Kam,

At this point I would completely uninstall your CH Pedals from your system and reinstall.

1.  Unplug your CH Pedals (and any other CH controllers you have)
2.  Uninstall CH Control Manager
3.  Reboot your computer
4. Go to www.chproducts.com and download the latest version of CH Control Manager
5.  Plug your CH Pedals (and any other CH controllers) into your PC
6.  Follow the Windows Plug and Play instructions
7.  Reinstall CH Control Manager
8.  Start CH Control Manager and calibrate your pedals within CH Control Manager
9.  Verify they work within the CM Control Manager Calibration routine
10. Start up AH and click on Map Controllers on the clipboard and assign the toe brakes to Right/Left Brake
11. While still in the Map Controllers section, click on the Advance tab and press on the toe brakes to verify the vertical bar moves with each press of the toe brakes
12. While still in the Map Controllers section, highlight the axis you've assigned to the toe brakes and click on "Calibrate Axis" and follow the onscreen instructions.  Do the same for the other axis assigned to the toe brakes
13. Next, on the clip board click on Calibrate Controllers and follow the onscreen instructions to calibrate your controllers.  Make sure that while doing this you also press on the toe brakes
14. Now your pedals should properly be setup in both Windows and Aces High
15. Verify if the toe brakes now work as intended

Remember as noted, the toe brakes if bound to a key while also being bound to an axis will disable the binding for the wheel brakes assigned to a keyboard command. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 10:07:52 AM »
Ak-Ak   followed thoses instructions to a T and guess what still no toe brakes.....

Thanks looks like belly landing for a while

KAM

WELL GO FIGURE   I have them Back.....Not sure why....

Thanks for the help...

KAM
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:23:42 PM by kamori »

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »
I had replaced my .JSM file for my stick with a Back up copy from last year. Took care of it..

Thanks again

KAM

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 05:18:42 PM »

Could it be a corrupt file?

Kam

This is why I wanted HTC to respond in the first place. It would have been nice to know that Key mapping could be contained in the .jsm file for my stick.

Thanks for the help subscribers... Especially Ak-Ak

KAM