Author Topic: Wheel Brakes...Not Functioning  (Read 966 times)

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
Wheel Brakes...Not Functioning
« on: December 31, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »
I have done the following and Wheel brakes are not functioning on my CH peddles and Key board(is not wireless).

1. Remapped on the keyboard to the original mapping and different keys...No Result
2. Re calibrated peddles...No Result
3. Made sure I'm in Mode 1 in stick settings and all mapping is Correct...No results

Could it be a corrupt file?

Kam

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Wheel Brakes...Not Functioning
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »
Are you sure you're in mode 1 when in an airplane?  Perhaps you no longer have "auto mode select" enabled.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 06:23:36 PM »
Are you sure you're in mode 1 when in an airplane?  Perhaps you no longer have "auto mode select" enabled.

Thanks but im sure

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 08:04:20 PM »
Did they work properly before? CH pedals are notorious for the toe brakes not working. It's a design fault with the internal wiring.

You should be setting left and right wheel brakes separately. Wheel brakes is command for both wheel brakes simultaneously (Space bar).

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:13:17 PM »
Did they work properly before? CH pedals are notorious for the toe brakes not working. It's a design fault with the internal wiring.

You should be setting left and right wheel brakes separately. Wheel brakes is command for both wheel brakes simultaneously (Space bar).

I appreciate the response, but I was clear they are not functioning on BOTH. I believe its a corrupt File in the game if not then what? ...HTC needs to respond to this since I posted it in TECH SUPPORT.

Kam

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »
Do the pedals work in the window calibration?

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 07:41:32 PM »
its not a problem related only to the peddles. it has to be related to a file of some kind, I can re map to any other key on the keyboard and they still don't work ...either on the keyboard or the peddles.

Kam

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
its not a problem related only to the peddles. it has to be related to a file of some kind, I can re map to any other key on the keyboard and they still don't work ...either on the keyboard or the peddles.

Kam

have you bound the axis for the toe brakes on the pedals to the wheel brakes in AH?  Just as you do with the other axis on your controls, you have to assign the axis that are used for the toe brakes on the pedals to the wheel brakes.

Depending on which version of CM Control Manager you have (older versions used the Windows Calibration app, newer versions use the CM Control Manager Calibration app within the program), check the calibration and select the pedals and then step on the toe brakes.  You should see the axis move with each press of the toe brakes.  If you do see them move, then we can eliminate the hardware being the issue and then can start troubleshooting the calibration/setup in Windows and AH for the possible cause.

You can also try deleting the .jsf config files (these are the controller config files) and then redo your calibration and bindings in game and see if that resolves your problem.

Before we start to blame the game, lets try and eliminate all other possible causes

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »

You can also try deleting the .jsf config files (these are the controller config files) and then redo your calibration and bindings in game and see if that resolves your problem.

Before we start to blame the game, lets try and eliminate all other possible causes

ack-ack

You state above deleting the .jsf file. This is a game File is it not? Are you saying it could be game related?

The peddles function correctly in windows and in the game. Keep NOTE re-mapping the keys on the keyboard does nothing. I can map other functions to the peddles and it works. I.E. I get the Same result with 2 different input devices(the peddles and keyboard). Did you miss that in my original post?

You gave me what i was looking for and that is a possible file issue. I will see if that is it later. Try to keep it from being personal like you did at the end of your post and read the original post thoroughly before regurgitating all over the pixels on our monitors.

Thank you for the help AkAk...:)

Kam

Just looked at the .jsm file that is strictly for the joystick, peddles and Mouse settings, I dont believe it has to do with the key mapping. or does it?

It would be nice to have HTC reply to this.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:58:44 PM by kamori »

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 09:44:14 PM »
WOW!!! shall we jump down the throat of everyone that trys to help?

You want to talk to HTC, CALL THEM!!! they are very helpfull on the phone. You post on the boards and everyone who has a kind heart and trys to help will answer.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »
Ack-Ack pretty much nailed it.

Typically I respond when I need to.  I have been on vacation/holiday, so I have not been around to respond.  I would not bother responding to this as there have been the same suggestions I would make and quite frankly, Ack-Ack knows more about CH products (and the way they work in the game) than I will ever know.

There are a number of very helpful people in this forum, all of whom I am very grateful to.  <S>
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:35:13 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »
You state above deleting the .jsf file. This is a game File is it not? Are you saying it could be game related?

No, not at all.  I have yet to see one single case where the game has somehow corrupted the .jsm config files, in all the instances of a bad .jsm config file that I've seen was a result of user error of some kind.  By deleting the .jsm config files you are forcing the game to create a new config file so you can properly setup the controllers.  Basically, we're erasing the chalkboard to get a clean slate to work on.

The peddles function correctly in windows and in the game. Keep NOTE re-mapping the keys on the keyboard does nothing. I can map other functions to the peddles and it works. I.E. I get the Same result with 2 different input devices(the peddles and keyboard). Did you miss that in my original post?

no, I didn't miss it in the post but having done tech support for many years when I was younger, I learned not to take what the person having the troubles says at face value.  Don't take this as a personal insult as it's clearly not, it's just that in a lot of cases what the player says they've done isn't what they've really done.  

You said they work in Windows and the pedals function properly in game (I'm assuming you're referring to normal pedal operations (i.e. rudder/yaw)).  In the Map Controllers section in AH, if you were to click on the pedals do any of the axis show being bound to Brake Right or Brake Left?  Have you tried calibrating the individual toe brake axis within AH?  Going back to Windows, if you use the Calibration applet in CH Control Manager and select the pedals, when you press on the toe brakes do you see the little ball move for each of the toe brake axis?

You gave me what i was looking for and that is a possible file issue. I will see if that is it later. Try to keep it from being personal like you did at the end of your post and read the original post thoroughly before regurgitating all over the pixels on our monitors.

Thank you for the help AkAk...:)

I apologize if you felt that I insulted you in anyway in my previous post, it wasn't my intention if I had inadvertently done so.

Just looked at the .jsm file that is strictly for the joystick, peddles and Mouse settings, I dont believe it has to do with the key mapping. or does it?

It would be nice to have HTC reply to this.

the .jsm files contain all the information on your controllers, including what is configured to each axis and what commands are bound to any buttons.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:15:23 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 07:59:15 PM »
Ok ill make this as clear as possible...

1. The CH peddles function in ALL environments AK-AK and I have mentioned.
2. I can re-map any other analog function to either axis on the peddles and it actuates(controls) that function(like the View Pitch)
3. I have deleted the .jsm file for the CH peddles (the game recreates it and i re-map the brakes left and right) still not functioning.
4. I can map the right, left and both wheel brake functions to any other key on the keyboard and THEY do NOT work. (no matter what key I choose to map too)

So, Here are my 2 questions

1. Can there be a configuration file that has been corrupted in the game? (do i need to reinstall?)
2. Is it possible that the .jsm file for my Saitek X-52 be the culprit. I really dont want to re-map that whole file( since its a VERY lengthy process, so that WILL be the last thing I try after all other options are exhausted. (That is why I wanted HTC(the MAKERS of the Product to address this)).

Ak-Ak...
    Just so you know My trouble shooting abilities are more that adequate for the job at hand here. This is due to me trouble shooting multi Million-Dollar Commercial Printing Press and equipment(names like Heidelberg, Komori , Ryobi, etc.).This includes Computer Functions(communication), Electronics, Mechanical, Chemical, and Substrate issues. Ive been doing this since 1989. I also deal with all aspects of the Electronic part of Our process (Rips, Desktop publishing software like AI, PS, PM, and various RIP software like Symphony 8.0, etc.)

As far as computers go I have been Building and trouble shooting Computers and software since the 386's have been issued. At times the biggest variable is the Person running the equipment. I always go behind and double check everything they said they have done already.

Sometimes IT IS THE EQUIPMENT...Sometimes Not

Please, lets figure this out together.

Kam
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:01:34 PM by kamori »

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 09:56:34 PM »
Might be worth doing a vanilla install of Aces in a different directory on your PC, then test pedals again.

If that works, copy your settings folder over and test again, if it still works, copy your stickdef folder over, and retest, if that works, you can decide if you want to use the new install or keep your settings

and stickdef folder backed up, uninstall both versions, then reinstall from fresh, then replace settings and stickdef folder.

I once had a (kind of) similar issue where I couldn't expand the chat box ingame using `, mapped it to tab, and was unable to map it back to ` afterwards, reinstall fixed that

Salute

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 10:47:01 PM »
 Note:

if the differential brakes are mapped to a analog controler the keyboard commands may not work.

If you have them mapped,unmap them from the pedals then check to see if the keyboard commands work.

I had this situation happen with my saitek pedals,I lost the right brake and found I couldn't use the key commands.Once I unmapped the pedals I could then use the C,V and spacebar,also could change mapping of these aswell.

Hope this helps.

:salute