Author Topic: Old vet, mildly annoyed  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
Old vet, mildly annoyed
« on: December 31, 2010, 06:27:35 PM »
I started with Aces High almost on the first day the servers opened.  I moved over from Air Warrior to "Confirmed Kill" when HiTech started up.  Then to Warbirds, then to Aces High.

Several years ago, I got badly burned out and stopped flying.   After several months, I eventually closed the account.

On a whim today, I decided, "What the hell, lets go look again.  See what has changed and possibly start flying again."

I had figured that after this long (somewhere between 2 and 4 years) that I would at least get a 2 weeks free trial again.

But nope, they system decided "Hey, this guy was once paying us, he should IMMEDIATELY start paying again."  Just because I was honest and put in my real name and address.

Come on HTC, you should flush the buffers once in a while so that your old customers can get a new taste and maybe come back.

:-/

---------------
Ouch
Blue Knights, retired

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
Re: Old vet, mildly annoyed
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 06:34:34 PM »
Hmm, I may have been a little hasty there.  I now have a vague memory of doing this sometime last year (2008/2009).  Maybe it hasn't been THAT long since I got a free 2 weeks.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »
Our great creator, goddess of earth, forgives her child.

-AoM-

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 06:45:40 PM »
When AH came out I was still flying Warbirds and continued for a couple years before I finally made the switch to AH.  In that time I did a couple two week trials, usually at the time of a new, big release.  I'd get the same message, but I would just email them and tell them that I am interested in checking out the new features.  Each time they gave me a new trial.  So my recommendation would be instead of posting here, trying asking them politely via email.  Hopefully they will be as accommodating to you as they were to me.  :salute

Not so sure after that post though.....  ;)
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 06:51:59 PM »
U should just call them up and see if you can get another 2 week trial.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 06:58:25 PM »
You're an adult, give em the !oscar$ing 15 bucks. That doesn't even cover 2 meals at Arbys
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline jocrp6

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »
   I bet you'll still fly to the wrong base every once in a while,  lol

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »

:D sorry, been looking for an excuse to use this pic lol.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 09:05:39 PM »
Hmm, I may have been a little hasty there.  I now have a vague memory of doing this sometime last year (2008/2009).  Maybe it hasn't been THAT long since I got a free 2 weeks.
Just your old age getting the best of ya. :old:
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 10:42:29 PM »
Played AW in 94 until end then came here to Aces with much of our group from the MAW. Don't remember the free two weeks then but played until Aug 99 came back in early 2000 for the 2 weeks, left in 2002 came back in 2007 got another two weeks and left in 2009.

I changed my address a few times in those years and possibly used different cred cards and certainly new computers which may have helped me get the two weeks.

I expect on my return I will get another two weeks and spend 2 more years playing before burnt.  

Whats this F3 mode in the main BS?? Is that whats going on now?? If so, chances are my burn rate may be increased. I also heard about map and capture complaints within the community. Working as a team is top on my AH agenda and If thats been whacked a bit I can see myself only playing for a couple months to get my fix on before retiring the game all over again.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 10:44:25 PM »

Whats this F3 mode in the main BS?? Is that whats going on now?? If so, chances are my burn rate may be increased.

There is nothing new, there has nothing changed regarding F3 and the main.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 02:25:54 AM »
I started with Aces High almost on the first day the servers opened.  I moved over from Air Warrior to "Confirmed Kill" when HiTech started up.  Then to Warbirds, then to Aces High.

Several years ago, I got badly burned out and stopped flying.   After several months, I eventually closed the account.

On a whim today, I decided, "What the hell, lets go look again.  See what has changed and possibly start flying again."

I had figured that after this long (somewhere between 2 and 4 years) that I would at least get a 2 weeks free trial again.

But nope, they system decided "Hey, this guy was once paying us, he should IMMEDIATELY start paying again."  Just because I was honest and put in my real name and address.

Come on HTC, you should flush the buffers once in a while so that your old customers can get a new taste and maybe come back.

:-/

---------------
Ouch
Blue Knights, retired

Wow...another long time BK has come out of the wood work.  If you shoot off an email to HTC, I'm sure they might give you another free trial to check out the new changes.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 06:50:00 AM »
how old are you? and what do you think of the game after returning? :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 07:23:11 AM »
If I recall correctly Ouch is 76. That still makes him 23 years younger than laz. And 1 of the younger bks in general.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 07:28:40 AM »
If I recall correctly Ouch is 76. That still makes him 23 years younger than laz. And 1 of the younger bks in general.

:lol  :aok
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --