Author Topic: GV Gunnery  (Read 615 times)

Offline apcampbell

• Copper Member
      • http://
GV Gunnery
« on: December 26, 2010, 12:33:14 PM »
Any tips for gunning in a GV? I've been getting pwn3d in long range shootouts. I'm zooming in immediately with ground vis range toggled, but am having considerable difficulty finding the range to a target (once away from the spawn)

Any tips would be helpfull.
"Navy061"
http://www.slybirds.com
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Re: GV Gunnery
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »
If you haven't hit the enemy within two shots, get the heck out of there and set up again from cover to try again and of course, always bring friends along. It gives the enemy someone else to worry about.

White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 03:09:53 PM »
Any tips for gunning in a GV? I've been getting pwn3d in long range shootouts. I'm zooming in immediately with ground vis range toggled, but am having considerable difficulty finding the range to a target (once away from the spawn)

Any tips would be helpfull.
Just tanking more will help with this.....Once you learn what the tanks look like at a certain distance then you can move into moving and shooting  :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 04:33:41 PM »
just keep shooting... fire once and see where it lands then again and again... after each shot adjust to which way the target is.
 :joystick:
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
Experience will help you get your first shot close.  The key to staying alive in a long range fight, is if he hits you or gets real close and your still trying to zero in, MOVE!  Reset your position and try again, this way you are both resetting your range to target.  Also keep in mind that smoke rounds can be your friend when you are trying to dis-engage, also covers your movement away from that position so you are harder to track.  Their are a lot of good GV'ers in this game, so keep your head up.  Experience will be your best teacher.

:salute
BigRat

When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 07:30:14 PM »
Practice..........practice n more practice. If you look deep in these forums you can find excellent tips for gving.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 02:09:40 PM »
Just tanking more will help with this.....Once you learn what the tanks look like at a certain distance then you can move into moving and shooting  :aok
Shooting gallery long range duels are usually won by those who have extensive experience with how tanks look at certain ranges, so it won't take long for them to zero in.  If I am laying in wait I'll fire a range shot or two before anyone is even around, just to know where my rounds will hit approximately.  As Junky says, learn to shoot and move, and even better shoot while you are moving!  Nothing like gunning someone down at a decent range while plugging along in 2nd or 3rd gear.  You will die a lot practicing, but do not let this discourage you.  You will improve!

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 06:36:02 PM »
First off using this method you can hit anyone in 1-3 shots.

Take your sights and line up your first shot where you think you will hit them...now take your cursor and put it on top of the tank.

Now fire at the tank...your tank will rock back and forth...so without moving your cursor put your sights back onto the tank where you just fired(you know this because your cursor was stationary)

Now at this point your cursor should be on top of his tank and your shell should have landed somewhere.

This time don't move your joystick..move your cursor to where the shell actually landed.

Now you have a pinpoint location of where to fire.

This may sound confusing but it's simple as it gets.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,269006.0.html

Pictures of where to aim

This is the quick way to learn ranges...but eventually you wont need to use this trick unless your shootin off uneven ground.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:40:52 PM by Belial »