Author Topic: 'Dueling' Arena  (Read 2294 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
'Dueling' Arena
« on: January 02, 2011, 02:59:35 PM »
Here is a single dogfight between myself and Suns.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/sunsfan_g2_1414.ahf

I challenge anyone to attempt to argue that this does not look like good fun to those interested in dogfighting. Any argument in this thread is invalid if you comment without watching this film first.
This is a great example of what the DA is best for in my opinion. Having a 1 on 1 dogfight with your friends (or even worthy enemies). I secondly challenge anyone to find some ego anywhere in this fight.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
Re: 'Dueling' Arena
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 03:03:25 PM »
I never notice ego in the DA only on the boards

some good flying on both parts  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:11:45 PM »
That was fun to watch  :aok

(Think my sound's broken (there's no stall horn))
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
Its not, just a quirk of the film viewer.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 03:35:53 PM »
LOL  love the creative merge Bat!! you both are awesome and great yet frustrating to fight  :aok :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »
Batfink,

You GIANT LIAR!!  What a big, fat, retarded LIAR!!!

After watching that video, it was apparent that you took it easy on me in the bracket 2 years ago!!! YOU SAID YOU TRIED HARD!!! 

Changeup <-----------heartbroken! lmao
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »
   <<<<<<<<make every attempt to squash EGO'z in the DA...... :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »
Here is a single dogfight between myself and Suns.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/sunsfan_g2_1414.ahf

I challenge anyone to attempt to argue that this does not look like good fun to those interested in dogfighting. Any argument in this thread is invalid if you comment without watching this film first.
This is a great example of what the DA is best for in my opinion. Having a 1 on 1 dogfight with your friends (or even worthy enemies). I secondly challenge anyone to find some ego anywhere in this fight.

That's what keeps me playing is finding that kind of 1V1 when i fly
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »
those fights are always available in the Da if you ask the right people. Not many people who duel for fun will turn down an offer for a 1on1.

The merge I used would be suicide if Suns was really trying to kill me straight away, but we've fought so many times I knew he would probably see it as an invitation to start a rolling fight. You can see he has his guns on me a couple of times early on but he holds fire because he wants to fly more than kill. He knows he does not need to take that shot because he is confident in his ability to stand toe to toe in an equal fight or if he is not up to it, he is taking the chance to find out...just for the fun of it!

lol, Changeup sir, the explanation could just be that I am always learning and working things out, definitely since two years ago.

This was just a random fight, neither of us taking it seriously, just showing each other what we can do with a virtual airplane. Great fun!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 06:26:27 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 09:00:49 PM »
those fights are always available in the Da if you ask the right people. Not many people who duel for fun will turn down an offer for a 1on1.

The merge I used would be suicide if Suns was really trying to kill me straight away, but we've fought so many times I knew he would probably see it as an invitation to start a rolling fight. You can see he has his guns on me a couple of times early on but he holds fire because he wants to fly more than kill. He knows he does not need to take that shot because he is confident in his ability to stand toe to toe in an equal fight or if he is not up to it, he is taking the chance to find out...just for the fun of it!

lol, Changeup sir, the explanation could just be that I am always learning and working things out, definitely since two years ago.

This was just a random fight, neither of us taking it seriously, just showing each other what we can do with a virtual airplane. Great fun!

Superb outlook :salute
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 10:45:18 PM »
This is what the DA is all about. It makes me laugh when people think the DA is about flying in F3 mode in a tempest. It's about trying new things, seeing what works and what doesn't. I think if everyone spent a few hours each tour doing 1v1's in the DA the average MA skill level would skyrocket. This is a perfect example how 99.999% of the 1v1's in the DA go. Both sides saluting each other, and acknowledging that a great fight has just occurred. If you like this fight go find the 5 rounds that Bat and I did for baldeagles dueling ladder. Those were by far the most intense fights I've had the pleasure to partake in.  :salute Batfink

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:47:03 PM by sunfan1121 »
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 10:50:18 PM »
This is what the DA is all about. It makes me laugh when people think the DA is about flying in F3 mode in a tempest. It's about trying new things, seeing what works and what doesn't. I think if everyone spent a few hours each tour doing 1v1's in the DA the average MA skill level would skyrocket. This is a perfect example how 99.999% of the 1v1's in the DA go. Both sides saluting each other, and acknowledging that a great fight has just occurred. If you like this fight go find the 5 rounds that Bat and I did for baldeagles dueling ladder. Those were by far the most intense fights I've had the pleasure to partake in.  :salute Batfink

I fought him 3 fights that last tourney, also some of my most fun and challenging fights.  I also happened to duel with him and some other guys for a few hours after the official duel.  Great fun and great fights.  I love fighting guys in the DA, it's super fun and does nothing but help you.  I don't believe that I've run into a single one of the DA regulars that was a bad dude or a cheap fighter at all.  It's always been fantastic.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 11:11:42 PM »
good thread, breath of fresh air.      great flying by both, and both are class acts.     salute!
-AoM-

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 01:08:48 AM »
[shameless plug]  Sign-ups for the bracket will start in two weeks.  [/end shameless plug]
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 03:36:04 AM »
Guys.... seriously, this is a club 290 back pat....

Of course, suns, batfinkv, nrshida, grizz, bunnies, Juggler, delalos, 2bighorn(or whatever hes using this week), shade, sunbat, agent360, krupnski, dodger, SERaider, sc0tch, IrishOne, Elburro, madda (in the past), strong10(in the past), trogdor, squat1, and anyone else that I missed who frequent the informal 1v1s party, enjoys informal 1v1s... and believes that this is what its all about....duh!

but for many others, esp people who are first starting, the lake is where they get their first flights...

Now, for the stereotypical lake attitude, that just baffles me..... if your not good, why puff your chest when people offer to help? are you going to learn by via denial?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:38:33 AM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)