Author Topic: ram=/= kill anymore?  (Read 3268 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: ram=/= kill anymore?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 12:41:25 AM »
I rammed some guys and I want my DA kills damnit!  :furious
Lighten up Francis

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 02:33:21 AM »
When I was a kid if you got into a fight in the school yard it was considered bad form to kick the other guy in the nuts. Today it's the first move.

It was a common occurance when I grew up and I think you and I are close to the same age.  It's how I learned that it hurt and how to avoid it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 07:11:36 AM »
Lusche nailed it, there is no "Ram".

You can not run into an enemy plane, or cause him to run into you without taking damage yourself.
In fact your more likely to take damage than he is, as he has a very good chance of not running into you.

Read up on collisions and lag, and keep reading it until you understand it.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 07:59:52 AM »
Lusche nailed it, there is no "Ram".

You can not run into an enemy plane, or cause him to run into you without taking damage yourself.
In fact your more likely to take damage than he is, as he has a very good chance of not running into you.

Read up on collisions and lag, and keep reading it until you understand it.

actually thats a flawed statement.

but im too tired to post the reason why right now, i'll be back in like 5 hrs once my brains awake.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 08:16:11 AM »

Shouldn't that be "ram != kill"  or at least "ram <> kill"?

What is that Cobol?

:D
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 08:41:26 AM »
and people DON'T think the game is going down hill?

From my point of view there is NEVER a reason to try and ram/have a collision. If out numbered and out of ammo I'll fly until I'm out of gas or clip a tree trying to run or get help from a friendly. HOs I just naturally try to avoid from the on set, I'm in it for the fight, not a joust.

Nah, the reason we have collisions is to prevent people from doing the above.  Wait a minute . .  . :headscratch:

I am guilty of ramming people with my tail a lot  :banana: :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 09:20:26 AM »
Has anyone actually ever tried to purposely ram someone before without the head-on ram? Its rather quite difficult to pull off. I attempted to ram someone the other day because i was outta ammo with 5 kills and no friendlies around. So I knew the only way i would be able to land without getting vulched on landing was to ram the only enemy plane that was there hoping that with the AH collision model i might be able to fly away lmao. btw the field was de-acked so i had no help there. unfortunately i was unable to ram and got vulched but it sure was fun tryin to  :banana:

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 09:22:41 AM »
Has anyone actually ever tried to purposely ram someone before without the head-on ram? Its rather quite difficult to pull off. I attempted to ram someone the other day because i was outta ammo with 5 kills and no friendlies around. So I knew the only way i would be able to land without getting vulched on landing was to ram the only enemy plane that was there hoping that with the AH collision model i might be able to fly away lmao. btw the field was de-acked so i had no help there. unfortunately i was unable to ram and got vulched but it sure was fun tryin to  :banana:
Pffft.... it's people like you that are ruining the game breezy fricking ace pilot
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 09:24:45 AM »
ahh yes this would be the 1st ive ever heard you dmgod complaining about getting rammed  :O  :bolt:

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 09:25:40 AM »
ahh yes this would be the 1st ive ever heard you dmgod complaining about getting rammed  :O  :bolt:
not complaining about being rammed i rather enjoy that was just stating that u ruin the game
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »

actually thats a flawed statement.

but im too tired to post the reason why right now, i'll be back in like 5 hrs once my brains awake.

I'm sure you'll disprove the logic of a 10+ year veteran and trainer once your brain "awakes".

:rofl :rofl
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 09:28:55 AM »
I'm sure you'll disprove the logic of a 10+ year veteran and trainer once your brain "awakes".

:rofl :rofl

yep, just like i disproved yours.  :rolleyes:

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 09:29:44 AM »
yep, just like i disproved yours.  :rolleyes:

Oh you certainly showed me!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 09:30:34 AM »
Oh you certainly showed me!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

and i guess putting a bunch of  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl in your posting is your way of showing everyone you know more than me, huh?

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 09:32:08 AM »
and i guess putting a bunch of  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl in your posting is your way of showing everyone you know more than me, huh?

Of course not, I'm showing everyone how much you amuse me!

Doesn't take a genius  :lol