Author Topic: A fun Fight at A5-A10  (Read 323 times)

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
A fun Fight at A5-A10
« on: January 03, 2011, 03:27:20 AM »
This morning about, 45 minutes before the arena close, I decided I was going to up a P51B and check out what was going on at A5.  The Bishops had just taken it, so I figured they would try something again, to keep their momentum going.  I climb up to about 14k and level off.  Low and behold their is an NOE mission (or perhaps not, they just took off) headed out of A5 to the west.  There must have been 15 to 20 bad guys, Ponies, Jugs, Tempests and Goons.  I am sitting there looking at my luck with all these low slow cons headed out wishing I had upped a Tempest.  Oh, well, I dive down, my Merlin screaming, wings creaking when I see the Goon.  All right, I think, this is easy meat, dinner is on the table.  Dag-nab-it (or words to that effect), I forgot my closure and did not lead enough on the first pass, only a couple pings, GRRR.  I blow through the sea of red Jugs, Ponies and Typhies (it was a Tempest but I did not know that yet).  Here I am attacking a mess of bish, all by my lonesome, screaming at my squadie to let everyone know about the mission.  He is too busy in fights of his own so I start to type it out.

I get some separation from the bad guys but the goon is still alive and I have to kill him.  In I go again, once lucky, twice dead...  There he is, I am zeroing in on him, the Jugs and Ponies do not have the speed to catch me, I know I have him this time.  I light him up all across both wings, I see parts falling off but nothing major, stupid four guns.  I hear the Typhoon behind me and see some of the tracers flying by my head.  I look back and there he is, d600 and he is not a Typhoon, but a Tempest.  Crap.  I try to force the overshoot while keeping some speed and succeed once.  The second time, no such luck.  vJazzi puts a bunch of 20s in my plane.  Ah, man, well at least I got the word out. 

I up from 10 again, this time a little smarter with a Tempest.  Knights are coming out of the woodwork to help defend and we meet the rush head on.  For about 10 minutes we had an intense defense going against a very determined attack. 

I would like to  :salute the Bishops who attacked and the Knights who defended.  It was a great time for me. 
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lutzmax

• Zinc Member
Re: A fun Fight at A5-A10
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 10:12:07 PM »
killed by vJazzle?  That's how i want to die.  :banana:
FBGoetz